Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Single Target Nerf is unacceptable

After doing some testing since the release of the hot fix I'm noticing about a 30k dps loss due to the nerfs. Last night I was hitting about 255k on ursoc heroic and now I'm only maxing at about 225k for the same fight. Even before the patch I was maybe 5th or 6th on the meters for my guild and now I'm guaranteed to be near the bottom. Blizzard needs to wake up. Due to the fact that we have no other dps spec and that it is impossible to reroll due to the ap/ak requirements we are completely screwed. A lot of us have been waiting years for this class and I can say for myself thats its really the only reason I came back to the game but now its at the point were i can not even play it if i want to do higher lvl content. We all understand that our Aoe was insane but monks were right there with us and weren't even touched. If these nerds are going to remain it is imperative that we get some sort of buff to our ST abilities like Chaos Strike or Demon's Bite so we can remain relevant for mythic progression or we will all get benched.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert11de7 View Post
    After doing some testing since the release of the hot fix I'm noticing about a 30k dps loss due to the nerfs. Last night I was hitting about 255k on ursoc heroic and now I'm only maxing at about 225k for the same fight. Even before the patch I was maybe 5th or 6th on the meters for my guild and now I'm guaranteed to be near the bottom. Blizzard needs to wake up. Due to the fact that we have no other dps spec and that it is impossible to reroll due to the ap/ak requirements we are completely screwed. A lot of us have been waiting years for this class and I can say for myself thats its really the only reason I came back to the game but now its at the point were i can not even play it if i want to do higher lvl content. We all understand that our Aoe was insane but monks were right there with us and weren't even touched. If these nerds are going to remain it is imperative that we get some sort of buff to our ST abilities like Chaos Strike or Demon's Bite so we can remain relevant for mythic progression or we will all get benched.
    With 255k sustained on Ursoc it would put you on Worldoflogs. Not only that but if you're BOTTOM of your meters at 225k your guild must have some pretty insane damage dealers. Good job man. Either way if it's that bad Blizzard will make another change in a few weeks time, no need to lose your shit over it right away.

Deleted
    ...If these nerds are going to remain...
    I see what you did there...

I am pretty sure you still topple most melee on movement-intensive fights.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    With 255k sustained on Ursoc it would put you on Worldoflogs. Not only that but if you're BOTTOM of your meters at 225k your guild must have some pretty insane damage dealers. Good job man. Either way if it's that bad Blizzard will make another change in a few weeks time, no need to lose your shit over it right away.
    Yes I would say I'm a a pretty solid player I'm like 1200 in the world for dh's on Ursoc but a lot of the guys in my guild are near 300k which is quite normal for a serious mythic group. This goes along with my point. Why the hell would my guild take me if now I'm doing around 70k to 80k less then everyone else????

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ty=4&boss=1841
    Idk what you mean by insane.
    75th percentile demo lock?? 229k

And change in few weeks is pretty much death in mythic progress.
    Last edited by mmoc9df192782d; 2016-09-28 at 11:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davoodoo92 View Post

I was basing this off of last weeks world of logs btw

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davoodoo92 View Post

I've always wondered, what does the percentile mean?

From what I'm seeing, Demon Hunters are now exactly where they're supposed to be: the middle of the pack. Feral and Arms are too powerful, and anything below Sirvuval is not powerful enough. That's how I look at those logs.

The 80k difference between Arms and Affliction is unacceptable. Any class around the 250k is where the balance should be focussed.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    This is so juicy to see all the tears of the Dunters! I hope they nerf you even further into the ground - you were more overpowered than Deathknights at WotLK release, and much easier to play than those guys even were. The baby class of Legion finally gets some balancing (although it is not nearly enough yet) and all the kiddos come crying! Its great!

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Stacie; 2016-09-29 at 09:56 AM. Reason: INFRACTION

...Blizzard needs to wake up...
    Blizzard isn't the one who didn't roll a rogue. This sounds like a you problem not a blizzard problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    As i understand it, the percentile shows how good you play your class, with better performance giving a higher percentile.
    Basically how close you come to the theorhetical best value for your specc.

If your class can do 300k dps average according to sim, and you do 270k dps average, thats 90th percentile.

Correct me if i'm wrong^^

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    As i understand it, the percentile shows how good you play your class, with better performance giving a higher percentile.
    Basically how close you come to the theorhetical best value for your specc.

If your class can do 300k dps average according to sim, and you do 270k dps average, thats 90th percentile.

Correct me if i'm wrong^^
    You're wrong.

Among all logs collected for a certain class in a certain boss in a certain dificulty, the percentile 100 is the guy who did the most DPS.

What you parsed says how close you're to that amount.

From what I'm seeing, Demon Hunters are now exactly where they're supposed to be: the middle of the pack. Feral and Arms are too powerful, and anything below Sirvuval is not powerful enough. That's how I look at those logs.

The 80k difference between Arms and Affliction is unacceptable. Any class around the 250k is where the balance should be focussed.
    No.... the sims he posted are from last week which was before the nerds and as you stated DH were "exactly where they're supposed to be: the middle of the pack". Post nerf however we will not be middle of the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by quitschibo2k View Post
    This is so juicy to see all the tears of the Dunters! I hope they nerf you even further into the ground - you were more overpowered than Deathknights at WotLK release, and much easier to play than those guys even were. The baby class of Legion finally gets some balancing (although it is not nearly enough yet) and all the kiddos come crying! Its great!
    Judging individuals based upon what class they play is always amazingly fun to read. In all honesty, DH aren't that easy to pull off perfectly with momentum, no matter what you might think. Some people don't cry about it, they just aren't especially happy about it either tho. I don't even know why I am trying to be reasonable with you in the first place though - does all this class stuff in wow always have to become personal matter of people? I don't get it, maybe I'm just too grown up for this community at the age of over 30.

Yes I would say I'm a a pretty solid player I'm like 1200 in the world for dh's on Ursoc but a lot of the guys in my guild are near 300k which is quite normal for a serious mythic group. This goes along with my point. Why the hell would my guild take me if now I'm doing around 70k to 80k less then everyone else????
    Because it's the only fight in EN that's single target. Just because you can't be king on every single fight doesn't mean you're trash.

Yeah I had a 40k dps loss even after getting gear in the past week. Feels bad man.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and then they "fix" our aoe and the fire mage and rogue do 2m dps on trash. ??????

Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    Yeah I had a 40k dps loss even after getting gear in the past week. Feels bad man.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and then they "fix" our aoe and the fire mage and rogue do 2m dps on trash. ??????
    Our AoE isn't fixed. I keep bursting 2M DPS in trash packs xd

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I see what you did there...

I am pretty sure you still topple most melee on movement-intensive fights.
    The anger in this one is great!

7+ Year Old Account
    so, imagine a number line, where it goes from

<0------------------------25--------------------------50-------------------------75----------------------100>

to be at the 75th percentile of a certain group, that means that 75% of the total player base is beneath you, and 25% is above you.

50th percentile means that you are mathematically average, with half above and half below.

Here is a separate number line, tracking the dps that ppl do

-------------------------------------------------------------||||------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------||||||||----------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------||||||||||||||||||-----------------------
    --------------------------------------||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||---------------
    ----------------|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||------------
    -||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||------
    <--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    ----------------------------------------------------------------O
    This point can be considered the 75th percentile, with 3/4 below, and 1/4 above.

75h percentile is used commonly because it generally represents a good number to call average, when talking about how a class is performing. You cannot take the actual average of scores, because that would yield around the 60th percentile, and that is bad because you are including those that are dpsing as a fresh 110, those that afk for a bit to let dog out, or whatever.

Those at the 75th percentile represent that you are trying, geared, and know what you're doing, but doesn't expect mathematically perfect performance (which would be 100th percentile).

So when you hear, oh, havoc is doing 235k dps. You have to discredit that claim, because there are millions of factors explaining how you arrived at that dps. To get a general ide of how the class is compared to pre-nerf, for example, we can just compare 75th percentile of dps calculated on a specific fight, before and after patch. That will yield a general idea of how much the change has affected us, for example.

Phew, I hope this post makes as much sense as I think it does.

... please be gentle lol
    Last edited by Maletalana; 2016-09-28 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    so, imagine a number line, where it goes from

<0------------------------25--------------------------50-------------------------75----------------------100>

to be at the 75th percentile of a certain group, that means that 75% of the total player base is beneath you, and 25% is above you.

50th percentile means that you are mathematically average, with half above and half below.

Here is a separate number line, tracking the dps that ppl do

-------------------------------------------------------------||||------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------||||||||----------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------||||||||||||||||||-----------------------
    --------------------------------------||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||---------------
    ----------------|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||------------
    -||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||------
    <--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    ----------------------------------------------------------------O
    This point can be considered the 75th percentile, with 3/4 below, and 1/4 above.

75h percentile is used commonly because it generally represents a good number to call average, when talking about how a class is performing. You cannot take the actual average of scores, because that would yield around the 60th percentile, and that is bad because you are including those that are dpsing as a fresh 110, those that afk for a bit to let dog out, or whatever.

Those at the 75th percentile represent that you are trying, geared, and know what you're doing, but doesn't expect mathematically perfect performance (which would be 100th percentile).

So when you hear, oh, havoc is doing 235k dps. You have to discredit that claim, because there are millions of factors explaining how you arrived at that dps. To get a general ide of how the class is compared to pre-nerf, for example, we can just compare 75th percentile of dps calculated on a specific fight, before and after patch. That will yield a general idea of how much the change has affected us, for example.

Phew, I hope this post makes as much sense as I think it does.

... please be gentle lol
    confirmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    ...snip...
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    ...snip...
    Thanks. Makes sense, I think.

The 75th percentile is where you end up when you have gear that's enough for the content and perform well. Anything above that is a result of better gear and better perfomance. Top guilds would be looking at the 95% percentile, as they generally put way more effort into their character.

That about it?
    Statix will suffice.