Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    All us raiders from TBC and before would laugh at the crybaby's right now, if you want everything handed out to you better go play The Sims and cheat.
    And all us EQ players back then would laugh and call you filthy casuals

This is a mistake on their end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This is a mistake on their end.
    Mistake was to introduce LFD, players started leaving instantly.

Kappa
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Tell you the truth guys give normal a try. It was pretty easy to a skilled raider back in WoD but in Legion it feels a whole lot easier than that. Pretty much its only barrier to entry is attempting to find a group and its really not that rough. Much easier than WoD normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Mistake was to introduce LFD, players started leaving instantly.

Kappa
    People were constantly leaving back in Vanilla and BC too, something about endgame being a pain to get into or something (Look! I can invent a reason for stuff happening too!), pinning everybody who left since halfway through Wrath on the introduction of LfD (and after that LfR) is just being silly, maybe more people would have left without LfD/R to keep them entertained, that's also a very plausible possibility...

Back to the main topic: I'm fine with cosmetic stuff being locked behind normal+, it's not character progression in the strict sense, gives the raid some "look at me, i'm l33t!"-thing to bandy around, and gives Blizz yet another metric to show them that no, people will not "Step up", if crap itemsets and artwork didn't push them in WoD, a particular weapon-design certainly won't...

It would have helped for Blizz to make things clear from the outset though, part of the annoyance stems from the perceived underhandedness of the whole thing.

LFR whiners get their tier sets back. Now they whine about an artifact skin only being for "stupid no life elitists"

Like clockwork.

Casual isn't the same thing as non raider

Quote Originally Posted by Prawnapple View Post
    lol OP, are you silly bro?

Do you have any idea how easy it is to run pug through the entire raid on normal difficulty?
    Is easy but takes a lot of time to organizate all the people, also cenarius and the spider boss is a hit wall even in normal

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Doubtful. Gold is plentiful and there are many raiders still willing to carry other players for cosmetic rewards.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

at least this is making sense for those playing more than 8 years.

It should be like this all the time bec it will make your time rewarding through expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Doubtful. Gold is plentiful and there are many raiders still willing to carry other players for cosmetic rewards.
    I am not stupid to paid in gold for that. At least not stupid enough...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    If you're just copying text from the main page and not saying anything yourself, why create a thread about it?

On topic: Personally, I think this is wrong. I understand their reasoning concerning effort, but, instead of making it impossible with Raid Finder, why not double or even tripple the time it takes to complete compared to normal? People still have to put effort into it, it takes longer. This is a way more friendly solution that just flat out making it impossible.

Then again, you can search for normal group these days with the LFD system.
    It's a good thing. Blizzard shouldn't just give away free epics or cosmatics just like that.
    Half of LFR is afking anyways. This should NOT be rewarding at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Thats a good thing though. If you do harder content, you get better rewards. it makes sense.
    That's not really true though is it, a skin doesn't improve your character in any way, meanwhile you can get max ilvl stuff from random world quests which involve no challenge what so ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a raider in normal and even heroic doesn't mean you're not casual. I'm a casual player. I'm not hardcore. I raid heroic (we start in normal but quickly move), 3 nights a week.

They're not limiting "casual" players, they're just making sure that people who do organized content can get rewards from it that are unique and fun.

Deleted
    Srsly i dont get all the hate and moaning ... the day that EN came i was looking for a pug to do it. Got a grp of 15 ppl geared between 840-850. No coms only texting on chat. We done the whole thing with just random ppl on normal diff in less then 3h. Gonna point it that i am not hardcore elite raider as probably most ppl that was in that grp then.so i dont see a problem with a decision blizz made. tbh i rly love it (hate the LFR). if u get the game and mechanics of bosses(most ppl just piss on tactics tbh these days) u wont have problem with doing it on normal diff with just a random pug...pussies

Fascinating how much this means to people. Some truly seem to masturbate over it. It's almost as if a few miserable lives become a bit more bearable when "casuls" get denied something.

People tend to forget that it is a privilege(or a curse, depending on how you look at it) to even have raid finder in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Being a raider in normal and even heroic doesn't mean you're not casual. I'm a casual player. I'm not hardcore. I raid heroic (we start in normal but quickly move), 3 nights a week.

They're not limiting "casual" players, they're just making sure that people who do organized content can get rewards from it that are unique and fun.
    I'd argue that 3 nights a week is at least "semi-hardcore" or "semi-casual" or however one wants to call it. Though it is a spectrum without clear margins, and it's subjective: what seems hardcore for one player might be more casual for others. It's also not only dependent on time spent raiding, but the general approach to the game. A guild raiding three evenings in a familiar atmosphere, e.g. not wanting flasks now (with those prices in the AH) and trying bosses out without much knowledge beforehand, is in my opinion more casual than one that raids 2 evenings, but wants every member to be fully prepared for every boss and wants all consumables to be had.

@ topic: There always have been cosmetic rewards limited to some difficulties, for example the mounts of the end bosses. So I don't mind if there are also weapon skins from those, even if I may never see them - especially since they're available in NH, which can be pugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I love the idea that Normal is somehow "not for casuals". That's amazing. Maybe I should go tell all the guilds full of casuals who are well-progressed on Normal or even well into Heroic that it's "not for them"?
    Soon requiring anything to do outside the class hall app will be "not for casuals"

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    So you'd like the PvP appearances without doing PvP content as well yeah?

Same thing LFR isn't raiding so why should you get cosmetic raid rewards for it?
    This is a good way to put it. If I want the PvP appearance, I will force myself to do PvP. I am not upset that there is something specific for PvP players to work towards.