Thread: PvP Healer

Deleted

PvP Healer

Hello.

What healer is better to play for PvP (arena focus) in this season?

I main windwalker and paladins can be unkillable, not sure if I should go Mistweaver or roll a paladin?

Priest and Druid I wouldn't consider. Shaman, I very much would.

Want to hear your opinions on which healer has the highest amount of viable comps and potential to get high rating in arena. Thanks.

Mistweaver/RShaman are pretty strong atm. Mostly Mistweaver from what I've seen due to their insane mobility and lack of having to actually cast anything. Though I've not done any 3s yet, so that will likely be a different story.

According to Arenamate, the most popular higher rated healer is RShaman and MW, so I guess that is fitting.

15+ Year Old Account
    MW seems to be strong in 2s/3s, should be easier to go with that since you're already max level with rep gating out the way.

What made you decide to switch from DPS to Healer so early into the expansion?
    Last edited by Ultima; 2016-09-28 at 02:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Mostly Mistweaver from what I've seen due to their insane mobility and lack of having to actually cast anything.
    This statement is both true and false at the same time.

Mistweavers have to cast every single ability they have, apart from Renewing Mist. It is only with Honor talents they get insane power spike. They can be incredibly frustrating to "level", without Zen Focus and Surge of Mists/Ancient Mistweaver Arts you are rather easy target to kill since you can no longer cast Cocoon while stunned and we no longer have Nimble Brew or any defensive cooldown.

Not really sure about other healers, I am sure they lost some defensive cooldowns too, but since their survival isn't depending on mobility, they must have some other tools to weather the storm. I think this phylosohpy behind Monks allows them be 'catched'. You know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post

Mistweavers have to cast every single ability they have, apart from Renewing Mist. It is only with Honor talents they get insane power spike. They can be incredibly frustrating to "level", without Zen Focus and Surge of Mists/Ancient Mistweaver Arts you are rather easy target to kill since you can no longer cast Cocoon while stunned and we no longer have Nimble Brew or any defensive cooldown.

Not really sure about other healers, I am sure they lost some defensive cooldowns too, but since their survival isn't depending on mobility, they must have some other tools to weather the storm. I think this phylosohpy behind Monks allows them be 'catched'. You know what I mean?
    Assuming full honour talents, of course. MW just barely have to actually cast anything, it's crazy. TFT and heal, letting 2x Soothing Mist do all the work whilst you're not even in LoS of your partner. It's just really annoying to face currently. Can be killed, of course, but it takes decent setup - you have to force the cocoon and trinket, and then kill them in a stun after else they just teleport away. At the same time, their DPS is just tunnelling carefree without having to use both teammates to do any form of CC chains. :|
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-09-28 at 07:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Soisoisoi

Yeah, that is all true. However I just wanted to point out leveling a Mistweaver might be an annoying process as OP want to start one.

@Soisoisoi

Yeah, that is all true. However I just wanted to point out leveling a Mistweaver might be an annoying process as OP want to start one.
    Fair enough, I didn't consider levelling - most classes are going to be at some form of disadvantage though considering they will be missing abilities. Easier to just assume end-game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    What made you decide to switch from DPS to Healer so early into the expansion?
    I did not, I was considering it, apparently my subscription ended and I will not be refreshing it.
    For multiple reasons, which are irrelevant to the topic.
    I wanted to switch though, because the game was getting boring, and I was planning on playing with some other people, in order to get higher rating in pvp. But fuck that. *drops mic* I'm out.

15+ Year Old Account

Level his honour talents? WW is [was] his main, I'd assume he'd be max by now. Honour talents are character, not spec-bound.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    I did not, I was considering it, apparently my subscription ended and I will not be refreshing it.
    For multiple reasons, which are irrelevant to the topic.
    I wanted to switch though, because the game was getting boring, and I was planning on playing with some other people, in order to get higher rating in pvp. But fuck that. *drops mic* I'm out.
    Interesting play with tenses there, but doesn't matter anymore!

Peace out and see you in awhile, crocodile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than make a new thread going to ask a similar question here. Between a Holy Paladin and a Restoration Druid, which one seems to be stronger for arena? Specifically looking at 3s.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Forgottenone Holy Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    @Forgottenone Holy Paladin.
    Thanks, I got impatient and decided to gamble and go with a paladin. Don't regret it at all so far!

15+ Year Old Account
    Enjoy! I'm slightly miffed I picked Resto Druid as my second healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Checking the arena ladders and using the filter to only see healer specs, every healer spec seems quite alright on the very top aside from holy priests. Resto druids are quite rare as well.

Which of the top 4 healing specs is the best probably comes down to what comp you're running.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haven't tried PvP yet in Legion, but odd to hear Resto Druids aren't that high, they're consistantly good usually =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuniku View Post
    Haven't tried PvP yet in Legion, but odd to hear Resto Druids aren't that high, they're consistantly good usually =/
    We are making a comeback, FrenzRegen bug fix helps immensely as well as the haste buff, Cyclone is still Cyclone.
    Last edited by mmoc64f8b8d243; 2016-09-30 at 08:53 AM.

Deleted
    I have restosham and mw and as shammy you need peels...as mw you just teleport all over arena

I'm a holy priest, so with that vast knowledge and experience behind my back I can just state that you are incredibly correct to not even consider Priest, heck my Hunter is better healer than my priest in this expansion!

Go MW or Paladin I'd say, Paladins are rather annoying to kill but as previous stated, how do you stop a monk from landing spells as he never cast anything! o.O
    Last edited by Dawon; 2016-09-30 at 11:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    I'm a holy priest, so with that vast knowledge and experience behind my back I can just state that you are incredibly correct to not even consider Priest, heck my Hunter is better healer than my priest in this expansion!

Go MW or Paladin I'd say, Paladins are rather annoying to kill but as previous stated, how do you stop a monk from landing spells as he never cast anything! o.O
    Consider disc.

Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    Consider disc.
    Was tempted but my guild needed a holy and I really cba level the other artifact on the same char, feels like I'm gimping my mainspec by not using every single AP on that one! :/
    Besides, seems disc isn't that good either .. at least if you compare to other healers! I guess my pvp-char this season will be my rogue or hunter!