Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Corrupted Egg Fragment

Looking for some info regarding this order hall mission quest.

I know that the mission costs 1000 garrison resources, and the fragment itself starts Into the Nightmare: Il'gynoth, which ultimately rewards Cache of Nightmarish Treasures once you kill Il'gynoth.

I'm assuming that this functions similar to Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry caches in that you have to kill a certain number of bosses before getting an upgraded cache such as full clear + 1, but don't know for sure.

What I'd like to know:
    • I'm currently 6/7 normal, why does my cache say Raid Finder?
    • Does killing Il'gynoth on any particular difficulty affect the cache reward?
    • How many kills does it take to upgrade?
    • Is there any way to find out what the cache will be (RF/Normal/Heroic) before starting the mission? (Would love to not waste 1000 OHR on a vendor item)
    • Can I abandon the quest, while safely keeping the Egg Fragment, only to re-start the quest at a later time when I know I can get a Normal/Heroic cache?
    • Does the cache reward items of the raid level you're currently working on (like HFC), or can you get one difficulty higher (like HM and BRF)?

Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

If I remember correctly, the cache won't award you gear for the level your doing. The devs didn't like the fact you could get mythic geared (RNG be praised) from your shipyard/garrison so they made a change.

I had a lfr chest too with 7/7 and then I killed first boss this week and deleted the quest from questlog and used the egg fragment again but I still got raidfinder as reward.

Pro tip: Don't raid before you have started the mission, my mission disappeared sometime during the raid. Made a ticket so hoping to get it back but I doubt that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    If I remember correctly, the cache won't award you gear for the level your doing. The devs didn't like the fact you could get mythic geared (RNG be praised) from your shipyard/garrison so they made a change.
    Hilariously hypocritical to the point of idiocy.

a guy in my raid group got a Mythic cache earlier, he told me the cache was based on the ilvl of your followers, he had 3 850

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Yeah, I didn't really understand why they made the change. Although with the sheer amount of sources you can get mythic level gear from, I don't see how this would be an issue anymore. Can't get it from a mission? Better go farm my mythic +2's again.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow252 View Post
    a guy in my raid group got a Mythic cache earlier, he told me the cache was based on the ilvl of your followers, he had 3 850
    I have all 850s and I got LFR, so that's not it. That wouldn't make any sense anyways.

Yea cause pressing a button to get a piece of gear made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Whilst clicking on some nuts and squirrels does? Kk.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    These require you to actually kill a boss to get.

Anyone confirm or deny if the item you get is based on the difficulty you kill the boss? My cache reward doesn't have the difficulty in green attached to it. So kill on normal get normal and killo on heroic get heroic? Want to be careful here
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

15+ Year Old Account
    can someone explain to me why my success % is red even tho its 100%?

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Anyone confirm or deny if the item you get is based on the difficulty you kill the boss? My cache reward doesn't have the difficulty in green attached to it. So kill on normal get normal and killo on heroic get heroic? Want to be careful here
    Killed in LFR and got Normal. 1x Normal kill and 2x Heroic kills to my name before I got the quest.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    No clue, but it doesn't seem to matter. Text for me was red too, and it completed fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow252 View Post
    he prob meant a mythic dungeon cache?

cause i have 8 850's

also i have done 7/7 normal first week
    6/7 normal second week
    4/7 heroic first week
    3/7 lfr second week
    then it appeared last night after my raid and was normal dificulty

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    No clue, but it doesn't seem to matter. Text for me was red too, and it completed fine.
    i think the red just means its very dificult, mine was 189% still red, and i got the bonus, and that was a extra bonus roll
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    because your guys aren't of the same ilvl as the quest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Whilst clicking on some nuts and squirrels does? Kk.
    just like how every quest in vanilla, bc, wrath, cata, mop, wod, and legion had quests like "go kick a animal, and get gear"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threeks View Post
    because your guys aren't of the same ilvl as the quest.
    mine were all 850, and irt still was red, even though i was 189%
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It's red because there's a negative modifier (-20%) just like the mythic dungeon missions which have -15%. As far as giving lfr gear I can understand not wanting it to be freebie but it was rather disappointing when I finished the mission on my druid.

Weird. I've only had that happen when my guys were under ilvl, so I assumed ... (had it with other quests too)