10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    But don't you see? That's why it's a bad debate question.
    No. That's why it was a stupid thing to do for the last five years. And it's fair to ask why he decided to do it for the last five years. Which Holt did.

Hey, remember the time Trump lured the entire press to promote his own building for free, then gave a 29-second talk about the birther thing where he lied twice, and trolled the press?

KARMA MOTHERFUCKERS

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I was debating about making a joke specifically about that, but decided it was too low hanging fruit. In retrospect, I wish I'd made it so thanks for making up for my failure : )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I was debating about making a joke specifically about that, but decided it was too low hanging fruit. In retrospect, I wish I'd made it so thanks for making up for my failure : )
    ...I don't know how to respond. Um...you're welcome?

You saw that was Breitbart, right? Not just low-hanging fruit, but sooooo juicy.

Oh, in what possible way could you use a teleprompter in a town hall debate? Just askin'

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Except that's literally how Hillary responded when Trump brought up his emails and...that was that. The topic moved on. It's almost like that actually works and is one of the best ways to move away from a topic.
    Pretty key difference in what I'm arguing here. Trump brought up the emails, not the moderator as an actual debate topic.

Now you're setting up arbitrary rules. Please show me anywhere that is a rule.
    Uh it's only how every debate since forever has worked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty key difference in what I'm arguing here. Trump brought up the emails, not the moderator as an actual debate topic.
    You do realize, because Trump brought it up, we'll never know if Holt was going to ask, right? So, you have no basis to blame him. And Holt did ask, after Trump brought it up. It's not like he glossed it over and moved on. Which, if he was biased, he totally could have. Just like he glossed it over when Trump brought up Benghazi, or the Clinton Foundation, or...oh wait...no...no, he didn't do that. He brought up Rosie O'Donnell, a 10 year old child, and one of his hotels.

Who are you really mad at? Hmm?

It's almost like nearly her full 30 minutes of the Commander in Chief forum was spent specifically about that topic. What more do you really think there is for her to say that she hasn't said and Trump hasn't gone after her on?

Also, it's very possible that Holt had intended to ask her but ended up not bringing it up because Trump brought up the topic. Not uncommon at all for moderators to do, as revisiting a topic would not benefit the viewer. All she would have done is repeated her exact same response anyways, did you really want to hear it a second time?

Uh it's only how every debate since forever has worked.
    So...that's a no, then. Because it's not the first, and won't be the last time that a question very specific to one candidate was asked during a presidential debate.

I mean really, they were discussing race. How is birtherism in anyway not fair game or relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    a 10 year old child
    Hey man, that kid is going to be running US cybersecurity under President Trump, just you watch. He's one smart cookie, and very, very good with the computers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I mean really, they were discussing race.
    "I say nothing." -- Donald Trump, on race.
    "Neither do we." -- Donald Trump's non-white poll numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey man, that kid is going to be running US cybersecurity under President Trump, just you watch.
    I think you mean "the cyber"

Which, if I'm using the term correctly, is nothing a 10 year old boy should be doing.

EDIT: Related story, literally, Trump’s Incoherent Ideas About ‘The Cyber’ is the actual goddam headline in an actual goddam magazine now.

Thanks, Obama.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2016-09-29 at 05:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is false. She freely admits (and repeated such, at the debate) that her decision to use it was a mistake
    WHY was it a mistake - WHY? Why the fuck is she apologizing? She never has given a single reason WHY it was a mistake - she just says that it was and she wouldn't it again.

[/I]Because, at the time that she did it, she thought she had everything working properly. It turned out that she did not.
    LOL- what the fuck are you even talking about here? You just completely pulled that out of your ass. Please explain "what" was not working properly? And please point to any reference whatsoever to your completely made up bullshit.

Holt did. She answered him. Maybe try watching the debate?
    Holt never asked her WHY SHE APOLOGIZED for setting up the server. maybe try comprehending what I actually asked and not deflecting it with some asinine assertion that she answered anything. Besides which - all she did in the "answer" was again point out what an incompetent fucking idiot she is.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is such a funny debate (I'm not wrong btw, just tired of beating dead horse), because any questions about birth and tax returns should be good for me if you guys are right about Trump's total incompetence when it comes to actual policy. It just blows my mind that you wouldn't be more mad about those debate questions if you think he would go up and there and get smoked when it comes to actual policy questions.

At what point do you guys start getting mad? If we waste 2 more debate questions about Trump University and the rape allegation next debate are you still ok? Why would you ever be ok with non policy questions if you think he'll get smoked? You don't think the American public will understand the policy questions? Makes no sense to me. Everybody knows he hasn't released his tax returns and he's not going to!

Trump supporters complaining about the moderators is proof that Clinton won and Trump lost debate 1.

The 11 hour email (or was it Benghazi?) Congressional hearing was used once again to aid Hillary in an election. Benghazi and email allegations helped Hillary defeat Sanders (the Sanders surge slowed down, and in one case reversed itself a bit, every time either one of these issues issues took front and center in the news), and in the debate response Hillary used her 11 hour grilling as proof of her stamina as part of her effective response to Trump questioning her energy and stamina.

The Benghazi and email scandals have aided Hillary TREMENDOUSLY in both her primary victory over Sanders and with her current slight lead over Trump. Its funny how things turn out sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    (I'm not wrong btw, just tired of beating dead horse)
    You're not retreating, you're advancing in another direction? Sounds tactical.

And my question remains: who are you really mad at? None of us could have brought it up in the debate. Trump could have. He didn't.

You'll find the 30:00 mark is where the emails are brought up. Under one-third into the debate. Hold had over an hour of questions left, including "the cyber" questions -- which would be a pretty logical place to put them. So, I think you can stop blaming him, too.

Oh, and it blows my mind how you think his Trump University fraud case is not worth debate time. He's literally going to trial. And you describe a question about that as a "waste". How about a followup about that time he bribed a DA and got caught? You know he's under investigation for that, too?

Explain how
    a) investigations into Clinton that are concluded, with no charges filed and no censure, are somehow worth debate time, while
    b) investigations currently ongoing into Trump are a "waste".

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you ever be ok with non policy questions if you think he'll get smoked?
    Oh sorry, forgot to answer this.

*clears throat*

He got smoked on EVERYTHING. We honestly don't care

Also, quick reminder, Trump is still running against someone he calls Crooked. I'd like to hear the justification behind that, while his own code of conduct is somehow off limits.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The tactical direction I am moving in is towards my bed . Smoked on everything is major stretch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smoked on everything is major stretch.
    Well, so was "I'm not wrong btw" and you don't hear me complaining about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the question that preceded that stuff? I can't remember honestly. But I'm sure it wasn't a question about education in America that launched Trump into a speech about her.
    Uhm... It was his closing statement...

- - - Updated - - -

The tactical direction I am moving in is towards my bed . Smoked on everything is major stretch.
    I'll go with South Park's "I am the worst candidate in history, please vote for her. Oh god, why did it have to be her. Please vote for her, she isn't as bad as she seems" evaluation of his performance...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

This is such a funny debate (I'm not wrong btw, just tired of beating dead horse), because any questions about birth and tax returns should be good for me if you guys are right about Trump's total incompetence when it comes to actual policy. It just blows my mind that you wouldn't be more mad about those debate questions if you think he would go up and there and get smoked when it comes to actual policy questions.

At what point do you guys start getting mad? If we waste 2 more debate questions about Trump University and the rape allegation next debate are you still ok? Why would you ever be ok with non policy questions if you think he'll get smoked? You don't think the American public will understand the policy questions? Makes no sense to me. Everybody knows he hasn't released his tax returns and he's not going to!
    Look, with respect to the birther issue, whether a candidate is a conspiracy nut who will not change his mind despite the evidence in front of his eyes is a pretty salient question. It speaks volumes as to how he would handle himself in the White House. Whats more, the birther thing he admitted to THIS week. The tax question is also important. The releasing of tax returns is something every single candidate in modern history has done. Not releasing his returns is an aberration worth looking into. He is basing his campaign on being an astute businessman who has a massive fortune. The tax returns would tell us how much he is bullshitting us on his wealth. The tax return also would reveal whether he is as charitable as he claims. The tax return also would show any conflicts of interest he would have if he served, like owing huge debts to Russia. If someone is a liar, or indebted to other foreign powers it shows us whether we can trust him to implement his proposed policies.

We're mad that only half of the viable candidates are qualified to hold office. That the debate needs to operate on a basis of "where are your tax returns" and "why are you such a racist piece of shit" is a symptom of that, not a distraction.

Why do you assume Trump would be engaging in a rational policy debate if only Clinton stopped going over his past?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you really think his taxes and Obama's birth certificate are not legitimate concerns, then enjoy:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczy...-returns-birth

"Maybe I’m going to do the tax returns when Obama does his birth certificate,” Trump said in an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos “I may tie my tax returns, I’d love to give my tax returns, I may tie my tax returns into Obama’s birth certificate."
    Guessing that maybe, is now a solid no?

Fun emotional plea for the folks who enjoy that shit:

Let's just hope Trump loves America, just a little more than his love to give his tax returns.

I should work for Fox...
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-09-29 at 06:53 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Wow bill clinton looks like he has really went down the tubes, he is so weird looking now that hes an old man. Bill Clinton had a lot of charisma back then, now he not only doesn't have charisma, he isn't liked anymore. Is Bill Clinton sick?, sure does look like it.

My father died of cancer and bill Clinton has that same pale and fading look to his skin that my father had.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-09-29 at 07:09 AM.