Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    eh ive done m6 without a sweat

and current farthest guild in mythic raids uses a prot war

so i aint even worried.

Yeah, warriors are still viable. It's just frustrating to play a class that is restrained by limited resources.

Further, the vengeance nerf narrows the gap between the good and bad players since your options have been limited. Previously, there were periods where you could time your rage to get 10 rage IP into 15 rage FR in order to fuel more rage into damage if incoming damage was low. You had to be tight with your timing because any excess rage generated would be eaten by a capped IP anyway. Now since the range with which you can cast IP was reduced, your ability to swing one way or the other from moment to moment was reduced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nicbizz View Post
    There is no 35% cheaper IP. FR+ IP comes up to 58.5 rage, so a saving of only 1.5 rage.

The comparison is between 3% haste and +50% SS. Keep in mind that if you use V:IP on anything less than 40 rage, you're worst off in mitigation I.e. A 20 rage V:IP nets you a 30 rage IP, for a total cost of 40 rage (20 FR + 20 V:IP).

You'll need Ultimatum more than ever to make this work.
    Well yes, Ultimatum, makes your Shield Slam crit generate an extra 20 rage, still leaps and heaps above the other choices for single target tanking.

Nerf's are fine, Protection Warrior feels still really strong but not complete BS like ending up as nr1 healing done on Mythic Nytheria.
    Last edited by mmocdfdf1a8f27; 2016-09-28 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    eh ive done m6 without a sweat

and current farthest guild in mythic raids uses a prot war

so i aint even worried.
    Unless you are that prot warrior in that guild, that anecdote means a whole lot of fuck all.

Deleted
    It makes the "30 more Rage!" passive from your Artifact weapon seem like such idiocy on their part, who has 100 rage, let alone 130? An afk tank?

I really wish they would change Might of the Vrykul, where SS generates 5 more rage, 15 total, and Revenge now generates 5 rage or 5 rage for each enemy it hits.

Or simply let us get rage by getting hit, isent that the point of the entire class? The Warrior gets angry at being hit? Class fantasy, hello?

I would rather they nerfed IP over Rage generation. Have you ever stacked Focused Rage to 3? Our rage generation was so impassive and gated behind Shield Slam resets that I always felt starved or stuck spamming Devastate endlessly, even before the nerf.

Now? It's an absolutely miserable experience to play. Just reaching an IP sucks now. I hate the new tanking mechanics. I hate Ignore Pain, and I hate that Shield Block has such ridiculous uptime while not feeling anywhere near as powerful as it has in any expansion or even Vanilla. Warriors are all about rage, but Protection has almost washed its hands of it.

I ask: What is the point in having a 140 rage cap if hitting 25 can be agony?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...on the other hand it seems for every class and every specc there is somebody who does. People should see it as fair treatment. Blizzard hates you all equally
    Except [Favorite class] we hate you extra. Specially [favorite spec] fuck you.

10+ Year Old Account
    After playing last night i feel somewhat frustrated. Not because we become crap, but because the playstyle become even more boring.
    I already found prot pretty boring untill now but after last patch i get so little rage it basicly became a waiting game to click your next spell.

i would've prefered flat nerfs to certain ability's with the rage gain pre-patch.

oh well
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    After a night of mythic Nythendra and clearing heroic before the raid I cannot say, that I feel much of the nerf. You rarely have the feeling, that the next shieldslam should give you enough rage to IP and it doesn´t but that didn´t happen often. I still run the Vengeance/Ultimatum combo and find most fights engaging enough to not feel bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

i liked prot warrior in legion ever since i saw hidden skin and was excited to tank with it but not anymore blizzard killed my hype and dreams

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    i liked prot warrior in legion ever since i saw hidden skin and was excited to tank with it but not anymore blizzard killed my hype and dreams
    It´s ridiculous how much bullshit people spew as soon as a justified nerf hits a class. Roughly 1/3 of our rage came from our generators, the only generator we use frequently, that was nerfed, was shieldslam and we are still having the kit that makes us able to facetank better then every other tank. And you melodramatically talk about dying dreams. Whats wrong with you?
    Ult/Veng is still the best talent choice and the nerf allows you to swap those talents without hurting too much if the encounter calls for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

pepper your angus

more nerfs are 100% on the way

either in the form of buffs to every tank except wars

or nerfs to the way we gen rage from dmg taken.

15+ Year Old Account
    Prot Warriors are fine. Learn2play.

Mythic Xavius World First #1 Prot Warriors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    After playing last night i feel somewhat frustrated. Not because we become crap, but because the playstyle become even more boring.
    I already found prot pretty boring untill now but after last patch i get so little rage it basicly became a waiting game to click your next spell.

i would've prefered flat nerfs to certain ability's with the rage gain pre-patch.

oh well
    The rotation and playstyle hasn't changed at all with the most recent hotfixes. Just because you're making less rage per ability use, doesn't suddenly make it a boring rotation. That is all subjective. If it's really that boring to you? Pull and pool more mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    It´s ridiculous how much bullshit people spew as soon as a justified nerf hits a class. Roughly 1/3 of our rage came from our generators, the only generator we use frequently, that was nerfed, was shieldslam and we are still having the kit that makes us able to facetank better then every other tank. And you melodramatically talk about dying dreams. Whats wrong with you?
    Ult/Veng is still the best talent choice and the nerf allows you to swap those talents without hurting too much if the encounter calls for it.
    1/3 of rage from generator is on fight with insane amounts of damage taken like Ursoc, on less damage intensive fights or with more bursty phases the rage generation nerf is visible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    The rotation and playstyle hasn't changed at all with the most recent hotfixes. Just because you're making less rage per ability use, doesn't suddenly make it a boring rotation. That is all subjective. If it's really that boring to you? Pull and pool more mobs.
    I'll make sure to pull some adds with Nythendra next time

I'm sure IP absorbing damages before we take it instead of a self heal healing a % of missing health doesn't skew this graph at all.

Not sure about the chart, but after the hotfix, I feel like I'm playing a passive spec...rotation has less of an impact on your mitigation choice, not fun at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xywei View Post
    Not sure about the chart, but after the hotfix, I feel like I'm playing a passive spec...rotation has less of an impact on your mitigation choice, not fun at all.

#Sword and Boring

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    kek
    I don't disagree that Prot had room for nerfs, but it was definitely done in a terrible way. Since we don't have self heals outside of Victory Rush, we NEED our active mitigation available and it really sucks having to struggle just to get an IP off. I would have rather seen the nerf go directly into IP rather than our rage generation.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    pepper your angus

more nerfs are 100% on the way

either in the form of buffs to every tank except wars

or nerfs to the way we gen rage from dmg taken.
    I'm completely fine with buffs to other tanks. That's the correct approach.

But quit fucking with my class. I'm starved for rage and I now have comparatively little interaction with my own survivability as a result. With my active rage generators nerfed, I am highly reliant upon a shitty RFDT model which ensures I am dying faster than I can spend rage to do anything productive about it.

That is not what we're supposed to be doing here. I'm not looking for godlike survivability, I'm looking for interactivity with results, in *all* situations not "well it'll feel better in Mythic+4 or Mythic raiding". Fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I'm completely fine with buffs to other tanks. That's the correct approach.

But quit fucking with my class. I'm starved for rage and I now have comparatively little interaction with my own survivability as a result. With my active rage generators nerfed, I am highly reliant upon a shitty RFDT model which ensures I am dying faster than I can spend rage to do anything productive about it.

That is not what we're supposed to be doing here. I'm not looking for godlike survivability, I'm looking for interactivity with results, in *all* situations not "well it'll feel better in Mythic+4 or Mythic raiding". Fuck that.
    Have you a actually tanked since the changes? It really doesn't sound like you have. We are fine.