Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    I honestly don't get that complaint. In order to even reach the Essence of Power quest, you need to have completed other quests that send you to Mythic Eye of Azshara and Darkheart Thicket. That means you managed to survived the first part of the quest line without an automated tool. Joining a normal raid shouldn't be any more complicated than that.
    The problem really comes with the fact that the people in the LFG tool are a lot less forgiving when it comes to Raids, even Normal Mode, then they are Mythic 5-mans. I've only seen one or two groups in the Premade with the tags "Screw up and kick" for Mythics, yet I swear nearly every other Normal EN group has that in it's tag, usually in far less polite wording then what I gave it. It can really make people not want to join those groups, and kind of set them away from the idea of organized raiding all together.

Then there's the problem of creating your own group. I'm not sure if it's gotten better since WoD, but when my friends and I were working through Highmaul Normal, I'd always be straight, and make sure my tag in the group finder's description included that we were still progressing and learning fights, people were more then welcome to come, but there may be some hiccups and wipes along the way. This generally lead to us waiting upwards of 30 minutes to an hour to fill in the few slots we were missing, now imagine how much more difficult it's going to be for one person trying to start his own group when he's brand new, compared to the fact we had eight out of the ten minimum for Normal.

The Premade Group Finder, while handy dandy, isn't an end all, fix all for the problems some people have in finding raids for Normal when they don't have a raiding guild, or can't commit to a raiding schedule.

Yesterday I was looking at the loot table, some 835 ilvl shit, I have more chance to get a Warforged / Titanforged from WQ.
    So I say, screw that, I'm gonna go do some Suramar stuff

Anyway, the point is, it was like that during WoD with the apexxis shard with Taanan Jungle.You could outgear normal raiding just by doing quest (minus tier gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    The problem really comes with the fact that the people in the LFG tool are a lot less forgiving when it comes to Raids, even Normal Mode, then they are Mythic 5-mans. I've only seen one or two groups in the Premade with the tags "Screw up and kick" for Mythics, yet I swear nearly every other Normal EN group has that in it's tag, usually in far less polite wording then what I gave it. It can really make people not want to join those groups, and kind of set them away from the idea of organized raiding all together.

Then there's the problem of creating your own group. I'm not sure if it's gotten better since WoD, but when my friends and I were working through Highmaul Normal, I'd always be straight, and make sure my tag in the group finder's description included that we were still progressing and learning fights, people were more then welcome to come, but there may be some hiccups and wipes along the way. This generally lead to us waiting upwards of 30 minutes to an hour to fill in the few slots we were missing, now imagine how much more difficult it's going to be for one person trying to start his own group when he's brand new, compared to the fact we had eight out of the ten minimum for Normal.

The Premade Group Finder, while handy dandy, isn't an end all, fix all for the problems some people have in finding raids for Normal when they don't have a raiding guild, or can't commit to a raiding schedule.
    It's anecdotal, though. I personally see the opposite all the time. 5 man mythic dungeons requiring ilvl 850 with a monstrous DPS requirement, they only want someone with a legendary, they require players to have a keystone, they don't want anyone who has not already cleared it before, etc. Experiences will vary, it's not really worse in dungeons or raids. It also tends to depend on what day and at what time you're looking. You just have to keep trying.

One thing that's also important to consider is that as far as the Emerald Nightmare goes, it's much closer in difficulty to LFR than it is to Heroic. In Warlords of Draenor, Normal and Heroic had the same boss mechanics, the main difference was that bosses had more health and dealt more damage. In Legion, LFR and Normal have the same boss mechanics, with Heroic and Mythic having additional ones. They've made it much forgiving to people who might not be experienced with raids by removing some of the core mechanics from boss fights.

At the end of the day, it's a quest for something purely cosmetic. When I want a PvP set for transmogrification, I have to do PvP even though I absolutely hate it. But I have to either suck it up or forget about the set. The same thing applies here. If that artifact skin is really important to you, you'll be patient and find groups that are not elitists and welcome progression. And there are plenty of those, especially during the weekend. If you can't find one right away you just have to keep looking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Why would half the group dying make a difference if it only takes 5 people to clear the raid and the rest can afk?
    I probably wasn't clear enough , i meant 5 people AFK-ing. Also, you can do it with 5 people if you're actually grouped up with good people i.e. fully mythic geared. If you're running like 1 healer + 4 arcane mages in HFC LFR you would be able to kill a lot of things, even with half a raid. Then again, that's not a case worth discussing as it's not going to happen that often.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    I am kinda curious about the difficulty. Normal was seriously laughable at best. Every boss got either 1-shot or 2-shot while lots of people didn't know the fight. So if LFR is gonna be (much) easier then normal then LFR must be a complete joke and be done quiet fast.
    You underestimate how bad the casual WoW player really is. For a lot of people lfr isn't easy at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    World Quests tell you exactly which slot.
    It is more useful than the random LFR drop.

World Quests is FOTM.

I don't see why anyone wants to run LFR 2nd time.

Edit: LFR cannot even do the quest (Essence of Power).
    It is out of favorite.
    It is really sad that Blizzard doesn't balance the reward.
    Instead, it "forces" us to do this or that content.

I bet the hardcore are not happy now because the enchant and pot are so expensive.
    Defiled runes are really the only reason to run it and when tier gear is in the next raid because it is back in lfr this expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    You underestimate how bad the casual WoW player really is. For a lot of people lfr isn't easy at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This 100% people think since it easy for them it is easy for all. They love to rip casuals and bad players but then these same players are magically better and lfr is easy for them. The average player is pretty bad at this game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to the World Quests. LFR is trivial now.
    Now?

I bet the hardcore are not happy now because the enchant and pot are so expensive.
    It's always funny to me to see non-hardcore players say the hardcore are worried about such trivial things.

I am kinda curious about the difficulty. Normal was seriously laughable at best. Every boss got either 1-shot or 2-shot while lots of people didn't know the fight. So if LFR is gonna be (much) easier then normal then LFR must be a complete joke and be done quiet fast.
    You can honestly pretty much 5 man LFR in 840 gear. Raid got wiped on Il'gynoth and it was like 3 of us left and I spammed drain life as destro and lived for about a minute tanking.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    I am not so sure about that. I think that in LFR people are bad ON PURPOSE, because it is so easy they are simply being lazy and don't even try to bother learning any of the mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Defiled runes are really the only reason to run it and when tier gear is in the next raid because it is back in lfr this expansion

- - - Updated - - -

This 100% people think since it easy for them it is easy for all. They love to rip casuals and bad players but then these same players are magically better and lfr is easy for them. The average player is pretty bad at this game.
    Really depends on if the set bonus is worth taking a massive hit in ilvl. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bartolo View Post
    I am not so sure about that. I think that in LFR people are bad ON PURPOSE, because it is so easy they are simply being lazy and don't even try to bother learning any of the mechanics.
    And that stupid thread on the official forums that the CM encouraged where it actually applauded people for being bad at the game and NOT wanting to get better. I'm sorry, but not wanting to improve yourself in any arena of life is shameful be it work, leisure, or otherwise.

Maybe World Quests are their hint at moving away from LFR's existance?
    However, LFR was never anything more than trivial. It only becomes possible to fail because people are horrible at carrying their own weight, and expecting rewards for doing fuck all.

Deleted
    World Quests tell you exactly which slot.
    It is more useful than the random LFR drop.

World Quests is FOTM.

I don't see why anyone wants to run LFR 2nd time.

Edit: LFR cannot even do the quest (Essence of Power).
    It is out of favorite.
    It is really sad that Blizzard doesn't balance the reward.
    Instead, it "forces" us to do this or that content.

Some of the trinkets at 835 will outweigh some 850 trinkets still with the itemization. Just because a player can get 835+ stuff from world quests doesn't mean LFR won't be useful. I mean you get a chance at an upgrade of the items, for alts raid finder will be a good tool to help get a 840'ish ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    What exactly is the point of LFR right now for someone who does higher raid difficulties? Do LFR bosses drop a decent amount of AP? Can I just safely ignore LFR completely and basically not be missing anything?
    There is no point for higher raiders - LFR is not meant for them and never has been...

As far as I can tell, people who don't do higher raid difficulties can ignore LFR too. It drops 835 gear, and you can get that from WQs, targeting the gear piece you need. There no reason for casuals to do LFR more than one time ever, just to see the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    As far as I can tell, people who don't do higher raid difficulties can ignore LFR too. It drops 835 gear, and you can get that from WQs, targeting the gear piece you need. There no reason for casuals to do LFR more than one time ever, just to see the content.
    People may also enjoy the mock raid set up - it's fun to test out your DPS off spec or something in a scenario that isn't as intimidating. There are also unique trinkets and there are quests you can do in LFR as well.

Not that I like LFR but I believe for some people it serves its purpose.

Deleted
    Also drops lower gear then a mythic dungeon so yeah.. next tier it would be intesting because of tier tokens.
    Nighthold is the same tier. Raid tier is determined by the set it drops. The raids that drop tier20 will be the next one

Personally I'm fine with it being basically negated by other non-raid content. Blizzard may wind up seeing things differently if queue times start getting extremely high due to low participation, so we'll see.

15+ Year Old Account
    So Raid Finder Mode became Story Mode?

Well, at long last.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    There is no point for higher raiders - LFR is not meant for them and never has been...
    The simplest but yet oh so true fact about lfr that many people seem to overlook or miss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    I love all the people saying EM Normal is trivial haha - they probably didn't even get to Xavius , let alone beat him
    From a raiders stand point it is. We clear it in just over 2 hours.... Extra gear for those that are a bit behind before we start HC. I wouldn't call us hardcore either