Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnCoulter View Post
    We had 4 from our normal mode clear last night with a raid of 22 people, so yeah, that definitely seems possible if they did a few split clears.
    2 weeks of full normal 30 people clears, no drops yet
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

They had plenty of virgins to sacrifice to the RNG gods.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Here, I'll give you 10d6, and the filthy "social" 1d6. First one to roll a 6 wins.

You roll: 1,3,5,5,4,2,1,2,2,3
    He rolls: 6

Yes, it's RNG. Deal with it.
    Rabid fanboi detected.

INFRACTED
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-09-29 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If this is true Blizzard needs to drastically decrease the drop chance in raids. Even 1 Legendary per raid evening is too much (unless you're doing Mythic).
    Considering that raid evening means 14 bosses, I don't see why. Everyone has 8 legendaries available, a guild has 25-30 players, and can clear 14 bosses once a week (heroic+mythic clear, nobody will bother with normals). 9 Legendaries per week means it'll take a roster 24 weeks to aquire all their legendaries. ONE per week with what you're saying, would take around four years.

Due to bad luck protection, it's an expectation that we'll all eventually have the full set. It sounds like you're stuck in the past, wanting legendaries to be lucrative/rarely ever seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah, but you didn't add anything constructive.
    And neither will these topics until we literally get the code of how legos are given.

Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    Rabid fanboi detected.
    RNG is RNG when I get what i want! Working as intended.

RNG is skewed if I dont get what I want.

15+ Year Old Account
    All I'm reading mostly in this thread is people mad legendaries didn't drop for them because RNG/casual/didn't farm/it's a game.

Get mad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah pretty much this, the fanbois and Blizzadrones will defend this till they're blue in the face yet meanwhile there are people in our guild with multiple legendaries on their main and alts, some of whom only logged in once in a blue moon to kick some nuts and collect a few squirrels while the rest of us who have been grinding mythics, heroics, cleared the raid and do our emissary quest everyday have gotten absolutely fuck all.

Am I salty? yes fucking right I am, I've played the content much more than the socials in our guild and do think I deserve more chances than someone who logs in every three days and gets one from an emissary box.
    Aaaah, I smell entitlement at the serving of extra salt.

Sorry, but you aren't more special than one who logs in less.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    And neither will these topics until we literally get the code of how legos are given.
    Doubt they would give that to us, we just need to know, it is RNG and hopefully the 'unlucky streak' is working.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Aaaah, I smell entitlement at the serving of extra salt.

Sorry, but you aren't more special than one who logs in less.
    No, but he did put in more effort and time, so he should be rewarded accordingly. That's like saying someone working 60-hour weeks should be paid the same as someone clocking 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    RNG is RNG when I get what i want! Working as intended.

RNG is skewed if I dont get what I want.
    Actually you can determine the numbers reasonably well.

With the number of characters in play at say 10 million (characters, not players).

There is a strong likelyhood that several hundred of them will get two legendaries.

However - statistically speaking, getting 3 in 2 days (as some have) is very much an anomaly.

The only real question is - intended, or unintended anomaly. We have no way of determining that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Here, I'll give you 10d6, and the filthy "social" 1d6. First one to roll a 6 wins.

You roll: 1,3,5,5,4,2,1,2,2,3
    He rolls: 6

Yes, it's RNG. Deal with it.
    A more appropriate example would be you roll 10 dice without a single 6, and he rolls 3 6s in a row.

Chances of you not rolling a 6 in 10 rolls : 16%
    Chances of him rolling 3 6s in a row : 0.4%

Chances of both happening together : 0.06%

Not very likely

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    We got 2 of them in our Normalmode Clear and Heroic Run. Another one just yesterday in a random normal Mythic.

Either they jacked up the droprate, or our raiders are very lucky all of the sudden (we had only 1 guy with 2 legendaries up to that point).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeoh View Post
    According to their guild news history, Exorsus members received 11 legendary drops(outside of raids it looks like) in the past 24 hours...

how?

edit: a link for those who cant find them http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/guild/ho...B0%D0%BD%D0%B0
    Mythic+ spam. Good players will be spamming +5-+7's and getting three chests 100% of the time. That or they can simply spam +2-+3's in literally the time to takes to walk through the dungeon. When there's 4 players (1 boostee with a key) that's 12 chances at loot with every run. If you're farming 4-5 an hour that's around 60 chances at a Legendary per hour. It's a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    No, but he did put in more effort and time, so he should be rewarded accordingly. That's like saying someone working 60-hour weeks should be paid the same as someone clocking 20.
    That is exactly my point, I'm pleased for the social members in our guild who have gotten theirs don't get me wrong, only it seems wrong that someone who dedicates much more time and effort appears to have the same chances at a shot at an orange than someone who does not actually play all the content and maximises their chances the best they can.

15+ Year Old Account
    It just doesn't make sense. We have almost 60 active people off/on since Legion and we've seen 3 legendaries. Two by 1 person. We are running 3-4 dungeons and night and cleared EM last week. I understand RNG but guilds seeing 2-3 day just doesn't seem like RNG anymore when we've seen 3 in 4 weeks.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    So do we know where the legendaries can drop from currently? I know from daily emissary quests/mythic dungeon bosses/keystone/raids, but anything else? heroic dungeons? raid finder bosses? completion of a world quest? world mobs??? i'm still here with 0 legendaries. About to start research to gain the 2 legendaries can be equipped thing but I'm not even on my first x_xx
    I've seen people say they can drop in normal dungeons, heroic dungeons, LFR, any other raid difficulty, mythic dungeons, Random BG winner caches, and emmisary caches. Any sort of cache, apparently. The withered training one, even.

I HAVE seen one person say they got one off a random mob out in the world, but I've only ever seen one person say that, ever. Same with someone saying they got one from a world quest.

I actually have yet to see one drop, and I've only encountered one person with one equipped so far since launch. Naturally, that includes myself. I have none, and it's kind of lame, sort of, in so far as I'm about to start the research for my class hall to let me equip two at once in a few hours. That's sure useful!
    I don't expect to get one by the end of the expansion, unless they intentionally buff it or something.

(I know I sound salty, but I really don't care that much. Right now, I'd be happy with a FUCKING HOLY RELIC THAT IS HIGHER THAN 830 JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.)
    Last edited by Otimus; 2016-09-29 at 08:21 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah pretty much this, the fanbois and Blizzadrones will defend this till they're blue in the face yet meanwhile there are people in our guild with multiple legendaries on their main and alts, some of whom only logged in once in a blue moon to kick some nuts and collect a few squirrels while the rest of us who have been grinding mythics, heroics, cleared the raid and do our emissary quest everyday have gotten absolutely fuck all.

Am I salty? yes fucking right I am, I've played the content much more than the socials in our guild and do think I deserve more chances than someone who logs in every three days and gets one from an emissary box.
    Pretty rough man. Sadly that's just the name of the game when it comes to Legendary items Hopefully the catchup mechanic comes into place and nets those who don't have a legendary a drop soon. I'm sure they won't balance Mythic raiding around this system in future expansions as I'm sure by now they have made a slight mistake.

Either way nobody really deserves one more than anybody else at the moment as it's a random drop system. Just because you're playing more doesn't mean you "deserve" anything. However the "rng" is skewed there's a large element of randomness, it's just the sad truth of the new system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    "RNG IT'S JUST FUCKING RNG.
    STOP QUESTIONING BLIZZ.
    STOOOOP.
    IT'S RNG.
    IT'S GOOD."

There saved 50% of the thread.
    Yep, except its BAD, really bad.

For me legendary drop rates seem to be radically increased. We had 2 legs from last night's Normal clear, about 18-20 ppl, i think we're in the medium while other guilds have 0 or 4, so RNG, but the more bosses you kill the more it equalizes.

Casual guild around 20 active daily players, first legendary in the guild from nithogg last week for someones alt. 2nd in the guild for me from our first hc kill last week. 3nd one(again for me) from maw of souls mythic 2 days later. Both specific dk ones. I've been playing 4-5 hours daily on average since launch (alot more first week). Havent missed a daily hc cleared mythics weekly done all emissaries. I'm happy, but it sucks for other people in my guild. RNG is RNG. I do think bad luck protection might have kicked in or the "bug" hasn't been fixed properly.

Edit: got a 4th in the guild yesterday from the weekly mythic chest i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Now you are on the wrong field. You cannot compare a playing a non-paid computer game with a paid job.

Just him putting in more time, doesn't mean he deserves it more. Even so, he could in theory be AFK more as well. A game shouldn't throw rewards at you, just for logging in more. You shouldn't expect better just for being online more, the less online person could in theory also be a raider, we could keep on and on and on.

One being online more doesn't necessarily put more effort in to the game, than one being online less. And rewards shouldn't be running on that alone. That is where RNG comes in.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..