Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

So, do you need 425+ points in the Withered Army Training for the toys?

I just can't seem to find a definitive answer to this question. Last time I've tried starting the scenario and leaving immediately. The chest had the same name as the big one, but was much, much smaller.
    Has anyone actually gotten a toy without getting the biggest chest? Or do I need to get the 425 points every time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    I just can't seem to find a definitive answer to this question. Last time I've tried starting the scenario and leaving immediately. The chest had the same name as the big one, but was much, much smaller.
    Has anyone actually gotten a toy without getting the biggest chest? Or do I need to get the 425 points every time?
    I've still amazed people can even get close to 400... My record is 260ish..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    It gets considerably easier when you get all the upgrades for your withered. My first good run I ran into Dro with 21 withered, managed to kill him but had 6 left. Last night ran into him with 18 and only lost 3.

Oh and I started with the minimum 400 mana and ended with around 500 score and 25 troops, which I used to unlock a couple of the remaining chests. Two toys and one more buff, so I expect to use no more than the 400 on this q from now on until I have rep at exalted and all the toys, the pet and the blood dk artifact skin.

Biggest equalizer is to always interrupt any special attacks by mobs and bosses.
    Last edited by tumppu; 2016-09-29 at 08:19 AM.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Deleted
    What class are you playing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    It get's considerably easier when you get all the upgrades for your withered. My first good run I ran into Dro with 21 withered, managed to kill him but had 6 left. Last night ran into him with 18 and only lost 3.
    Also this. Once you get some health on them it's much easier

Deleted
    It's pretty easy if you take your time. On my Shadow I had problems as well. Then I did it on my DH tank for the first time. I instantly cleared the entire scenario with only 8 withered.

Just be a tank. Simple.

Do your quests, increase rep, spec into a stun, increase you mana cap via http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1...-all-this-mana objects around the zone, and go in with highest mana possible.

First few rounds you may only come back with 1-2 chests. Your army will get stronger and stronger. I don't even care about their well-being anymore, just berserk in that room full of volatile wraiths and watch everything die.

15+ Year Old Account
    You start out slow until you earn the buffs for your army. Now that I've essentially cleared it I have the 25% buff to damage, mana ragers, berskers, etc and I go in with 15 withered. Drol pops, I berserk them, stun him and he falls over in about 8 seconds. I had 52 withered at the end of my last run before I opened a chest.

It will get better.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    I got ~200 on my first go in ilvl 81x, then 400+ on my other attempts. Just go slow, heal up after each pull, and know when to have them cause Mayhem.

i go in with minimum and come out with 40+ withered. Dont lose a single one and im not being overly careful.

BM hunter!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oi.. So many good coments..

I play moonkin, iLevel 840. I usually go in with 10-12 withered.. Lapilla (1st boss) can easily rob me of 5-8 withered.. They just die suddenly.., One monent buff says I have 12, the next I have 5...
    I have trid to heal my withered, but their health reset after a few seconds (e.g. it have 20% and I healt it to 50%, and then it falls back to 20%)..
    When I get to the bottom, a 25M health boss suddenly pops and kills my remaining (1-3) few withered.. I have yet to kill him...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm.. I obtained a toy at 300 points.. Started with 12..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I play moonkin, iLevel 840. I usually go in with 10-12 withered.. Lapilla (1st boss) can easily rob me of 5-8 withered.. They just die suddenly.., One monent buff says I have 12, the next I have 5...
    I have trid to heal my withered, but their health reset after a few seconds (e.g. it have 20% and I healt it to 50%, and then it falls back to 20%)..
    When I get to the bottom, a 25M health boss suddenly pops and kills my remaining (1-3) few withered.. I have yet to kill him...
    Healing the withered is pointless. As you say, they just lose the health anyway. Think of it as blizzard's personal way of shafting healers. I'm sometimes spamhealing my last withered to ensure he doesn't die to trash, but on any boss it's no use really.

What you need to to to do well in this encounter is
    - Get as many withered as possible. Doing runs with maximum ancient mana is a significantly easier experience than doing a run with 400 ancient mana.
    - Interrupt anything dangerous. This especially means the detonation ability of the big mana mobs. This is hard if you have a single interrupt on a 1 minute cooldown.
    - Tank the boss so that it doesn't hit your withered. This is hard unless you are a tank, as the withered will out-dps you and you WILL lose aggro.
    - Be very very scared of Leystalker Dro. You will know he's upon you when Alyssa says "Look out!".

Dro is the 25M guy you encountered, by the way. He's mean, and randomly appears in the dungeon after a few rooms. Each class has its own way of dealing with him. As a priest, I'm left with mind controlling him every few seconds to interrupt his rampage. As a druid, you should be able to root him and nuke him from afar with him not ever managing to really touch you or your withered. Yes, it takes an eternity, but it's a relatively safe tactics.

To get high scores, skip the bosses. You want to do them once for the juicy chest they guard, but it's not really any point in doing that multiple times. Just kill trash. All of it. And try to tank it off your withered.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

After getting all chests, I can get 425 points starting with 12 withered in about 15 minutes as a MM hunter with Black Arrow.

OT: I'd like to now if the big chest is a must too as I don't need reputation anymore, only some toys and the mount

Deleted
    Always enter with 2k mana. Get as many chests after you cleared the rooms. Got all chests now so all bosses dies within a legsweep now.

You can skip Lapilla until you have more withered and can nuke her down quicker. If there are withered at the edge of the room you can easily kill all mobs in the outer ring and get those without pulling the boss.

Spec into Mighty Bash. Stun anything you can't interupt with Solar Beam (especially the explosion the elementals cast before they die, it will wreck your withered and cause them to fall over when the boss looks at them funny). Typhoon might work as well and has some range, but I can't confirm that. Everything the enemies cast is not meant so much to hurt you, but your withered. Stop them from casting as much as you can.

The boss that suddenly appears is Dro and can be the hardest part of the dungeon if he catches you unprepared. Have your stun ready. Stun him when he starts rushing around. Pray he engages you in an empty room, enable mayham and burst him down.

Alternatively, go in as tank. Even if you don't put any AP in the weapons and just have some random relics, it might be easier because you can control enemies better and focus more on protecting your withered while they do the damage.
    Last edited by Samin; 2016-09-29 at 10:39 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Healing the withered is pointless. As you say, they just lose the health anyway. Think of it as blizzard's personal way of shafting healers. I'm sometimes spamhealing my last withered to ensure he doesn't die to trash, but on any boss it's no use really.

What you need to to to do well in this encounter is
    - Get as many withered as possible. Doing runs with maximum ancient mana is a significantly easier experience than doing a run with 400 ancient mana.
    - Interrupt anything dangerous. This especially means the detonation ability of the big mana mobs. This is hard if you have a single interrupt on a 1 minute cooldown.
    - Tank the boss so that it doesn't hit your withered. This is hard unless you are a tank, as the withered will out-dps you and you WILL lose aggro.
    - Be very very scared of Leystalker Dro. You will know he's upon you when Alyssa says "Look out!".

Dro is the 25M guy you encountered, by the way. He's mean, and randomly appears in the dungeon after a few rooms. Each class has its own way of dealing with him. As a priest, I'm left with mind controlling him every few seconds to interrupt his rampage. As a druid, you should be able to root him and nuke him from afar with him not ever managing to really touch you or your withered. Yes, it takes an eternity, but it's a relatively safe tactics.

To get high scores, skip the bosses. You want to do them once for the juicy chest they guard, but it's not really any point in doing that multiple times. Just kill trash. All of it. And try to tank it off your withered.
    I've tried to root Dro, but he can blink with it, instantly appearing behind me, sometimes still routed, other times it's broken (maybe from DoT damage)..

What's the general rule on mayhem? When to use it and when not to?

Use it on bosses, try to clear the room before because they will target randomly (also cocoons). Be prepared to take aggro from additonal mobs otherwise, don't let your withered tank.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Is it possible to end the instance and still get loot? I have all the chests and just do it for the 450 point chest now the whole place is very boring now so once i get 450 points if it pick leave instance will I still get the reward?

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Atleast for tanks this isn't completely true. As soon as you have all the advanced gear and buffs for your army, you can start with just 8 withered and complete the scenario just as easy as with 20.

I've tried to root Dro, but he can blink with it, instantly appearing behind me, sometimes still routed, other times it's broken (maybe from DoT damage)..

Use when a room a is clear and you have a few mobs or boss to kill, doing it in packed room will end in every mob being agroed, not a issues if your a tank but not such a good idea as dps