Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kingdoms will Burn

Would you like to see this actually come true.One of the major faction Capitals destroyed by the Legion in a massive battle(a raid probably).I'm not talking about some place like Gilneas or the Echo Isles,but something like Stormwind,Ironforge,Orgrimar or Thunderbluff be blown to hell by the Legion.This would allow for maybe Stromgarde or something to be the new capital in the next expansion.

The BL invasions do have a track record of causing stuff like this.

War of the Ancients-Kaldorei empire fell,world blew up
    Reign of Chaos-Lordaeron fell,Stromgarde fell,Quelthalas almost,Nordrassil blown up
    Legion-????

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind all major faction city destroyed
    just show me some massive-nuclear-fel-shadow damage
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Why would Stromgarde, a literal pile of rubble inhabited by trolls and undead, become the new capital rather than one of the other well established existing cities?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I recommend them going full on Fallout 4 on every city

This almost happened to the Exodar.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    A few times doing Suramar I've mumbled that I hope the place gets nuked but it might be more interesting to see a big name city destroyed.

Deleted
    Shh, this is a secret, so be quiet about it.

N'Zoth is using Sargeras who in turn use Khadgar. As soon as Khadgar has gathered all the world pillars in Dalaran, he will use them to destroy Azeroth. The remaining survivors will go with Velen on the Exodar to Argus. End of Legion expansion.

So, yeah, kingdoms will burn.

I'd be all for it, to be honest. I think I only love the Vanilla zones so much because they're largely gone - if I'd been flying around them for another 6 years I think the nostalgia would be dead. If Stormwind was destroyed, I'd remember it incredibly fondly and get some real story impact, instead of aimlessly sitting in it and listening to trolls in trade.

Some shaking up would be nice, especially if it's a city that saw little use anyway. Needs to be replaced to some degree to preserve racial identity, though.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Seifross View Post
    I'd be all for it, to be honest. I think I only love the Vanilla zones so much because they're largely gone - if I'd been flying around them for another 6 years I think the nostalgia would be dead. If Stormwind was destroyed, I'd remember it incredibly fondly and get some real story impact, instead of aimlessly sitting in it and listening to trolls in trade.
    Agreed. A plot twist of the major cities being nuked down would be interesting. HOWEVER. Not in this WoW/Universe. There are some things that I just do not want to change. Because if these fundamental things were to change or be erased. The constant memory of what WoW was would be gone. Maybe a WoW 2.0 can house a future were azeroth is half burnt to a crisp or we have to escape to another world. I want some things to stay original in WoW though. We have already lost a lot.

Spoilers for DK campaign

Stromgarde certainly fits this tagline. Thanks to the Ebon Blade is now well and truly fucked.

It's going to be Dalaran in 7.2 or beyond. Kil'jaeden will be summoned and do what Archimonde did to Dal in Warcraft III, except Dalaran will plummet into the ocean instead.

Suramar City will be the new Broken Isles capital after it's liberated during the Nighthold raid.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2016-09-29 at 01:14 AM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Well.... in WoD we did saw a vision of Stormwing / Undercity being attacked by the Legion, and we are supposed to die in that fight

I feel like Dalaran getting blown out of the sky could be a thing
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

They should destroy some cites for horde and alliance and do a new shatt like city for both factions.

The Legion should destroy Exodar and Silvermoon so they are never again discussed as having developer time wasted on them to make them glorious and fly able.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    It's going to be Dalaran in 7.2 or beyond. Kil'jaeden will be summoned and do what Archimonde did to Dal in Warcraft III, except Dalaran will plummet into the ocean instead.

Suramar City will be the new Broken Isles capital after it's liberated during the Nighthold raid.
    Good. Screw Dalaran. It isn't even a city it's a floating shopping center.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The Legion should destroy Exodar and Silvermoon so they are never again discussed as having developer time wasted on them to make them glorious and fly able.
    Actually I would put forward the echo Isles, so that the trolls actually get their own city and not just some straw huts.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Actually I would put forward the echo Isles, so that the trolls actually get their own city and not just some straw huts.
    a single fel meteorite should plummet towards Azeroth and out of the millions of possible impact sites, should land directly on the single tree standing in Darnassus that serves as the Worgen capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    Spoilers for DK campaign

Stromgarde certainly fits this tagline. Thanks to the Ebon Blade is now well and truly fucked.
    Excuse moi? The ones who ruined the place up was Galen. First when he killed his dad, then when he killed the other survivors and attempted to establish his own kingdom, only to backstab the ebon blade after they just helped secure his borders. Don't pin the fall of stromgarde to the ebon blade, that train departed long before we even got there.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Destroy a capital and make a new one in Suramar style? Yes please.
    Maybe in a patch there will be 2 faction specific dungeons: Stormwind for Alliance and Undercity for Horde (like we saw in Kil'rogg's vision)
    It ends with them destroyed and the patch will revolve around getting a new capital.
    Heh what am I even thinking. It was probably just a saying what would happen if the heroes of azeroth didn't rise up against the legion