Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Which bodyguard is better?

Which bodyguard you guys think is better? Millhouse or Moddera?

I actually liked Modera, becasue she at least root enemies for short time.

Deleted
    Archmage Vargoth. That 20% damage buff that's on 100% of the time is pretty hard to beat.

Vargoth's 20% spell power buff is pretty hard to pass up.

I agree that Vargoth is unbeatable. One of the many perks that they gave us in order to successfully handle solo play. And it was about time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    I agree that Vargoth is unbeatable. One of the many perks that they gave us in order to successfully handle solo play. And it was about time.
    Is this only for World questing or does it also apply to Withered Training Scenario/etc? Obviously not for dungeons/raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Franktank View Post
    Is this only for World questing or does it also apply to Withered Training Scenario/etc? Obviously not for dungeons/raids.
    Just for world questing. Seems to disappear once you zone into the training.

Ive been using Moddera but I have has the legendary follower item on her for 100 resources and 15g every WQ complete.

I run with Vargoth and I usually world quest in a group with 1 or 2 friends, so we can all the get his buff and absolute destroy everything. It's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    I follow the reddit post of which champions to use
    Not sure if that's been updated, but it used to be a fairly sub-optimal setup. It prioritized mission duration instead of mission success, which given the Legion App and the bonus roll system is not a good way to go about things.

I dunno I never really have issues with it. Usually around 180%+
    And 200% would be better >_>

It's not about "having issues", it's about optimization. Just getting over 100% is trivial in whatever setup pretty much. But it's usually better to get to 200% rather than save 1 hour off a 12 hour mission (just to throw some numbers around, but you get the point).

15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno I never really have issues with it. Usually around 180%+
    It has you deactivating Vargoth, that should be a hint that it's an outdated post with some bad info.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    It has you deactivating Vargoth, that should be a hint that it's an outdated post with some bad info.
    What would you and @Biomega recommend? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Honestly, I'm at the point where I'm just keeping Vargoth to obliterate WQs and hardly care about the rest. Milhouse + Destroyer can be an interesting combo for high %, but to truly optimize things you'd probably have to do a chart and some tinkering. Considering the missions are hardly worth it (compared to the bottomless cash battery that was Garrisons) you can probably just go with pretty much whatever.

Of course, that's just me being lazy and fully aware that I'm not doing things optimally.

Im running with Milhouse because he is the coolest fucking gnome in all of warcraft and i take that over 20% spellpower every day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I think both Modera and Vargoth are great bodyguards, and I only swap them depending on who isn't out on missions at the time. All of mine are of epic level and 850 ilvl, so there's no issue there. The ones I have deactivated are Meryl, Blood Elf girl, and Blood Elf dude, since they don't bring anything to missions and none of them can be combat allies.

Millhouse is also fun to have as a bodyguard mostly for shits and giggles.
    BfA Beta Time

vargoth is the best bodyguard hands down.

millhouse and arcane destroyer are unstoppable for % success, especially if you give them some 20+% success chance on missions over 8 hours items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    vargoth is the best bodyguard hands down.

millhouse and arcane destroyer are unstoppable for % success, especially if you give them some 20+% success chance on missions over 8 hours items.
    Milhouse increases mission duration, no thanks, to the bench with him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Milhouse increases mission duration, no thanks, to the bench with him.
    Who cares about length when they all and up being 12-24 hours anyway? The thing to aim for is mission success to get them sweet sweet bonus items, not about doing missions fater.
    BfA Beta Time

As a frost mage, Modera is amazing. Her frost nova has a very short cooldown, is ranged, and doesn't break early, allowing you to just ice lance away to kill things very quickly.

Having her as fire or arcane feels a bit pointless though.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Who cares about length when they all and up being 12-24 hours anyway? The thing to aim for is mission success to get them sweet sweet bonus items, not about doing missions fater.
    One mission per day at 200% chance or two missions a day at 180%? Hmm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMan View Post
    As a frost mage, Modera is amazing. Her frost nova has a very short cooldown, is ranged, and doesn't break early, allowing you to just ice lance away to kill things very quickly.

Having her as fire or arcane feels a bit pointless though.
    The fact that one of Moderas' speech lines lacks a period bothers me more than it should, I prefered Kalec over her for leveling.