Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I did the rank 14 grind. Back then people complained it was a ridiculous timesink. Its funny that now that they have endless timesinks in Legion, people defend it. I suspect the PvErs didn't really hate the vanilla honor grind, they just hated PvP. its ok to endless grind in PvE.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I just give up. Like for example I have stopped farming artifact power because A. I don't have the time and B. I feel dumb whenever I increase in artifact knowledge and suddenly it's much faster. I'm just going to let the artifact fill itself out.

They aren't excessive. Legion will let you play until you're blue in the face, but that doesn't mean you need to.

World quests are something you pick and choose from. Heroics fall into the 1/day routine fairly quickly for the most part, as do mythics once you get gear that's within that particular range.

I don't know about other players, but I'm revered with all legion groups, sitting at 849, and am pretty far along on the artifact path at this point (and would be even farther if I hadn't leveled as a different spec). I have no alts, but prefer not to anyhow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    That's good, but class hall missions do not matter when it comes to timesinks. Primarily because I do them on the App, but even without that, they would not take more than 5 minutes twice a day.
    Lucky you, you are only gonna do them with one char, but sadly that is not gonna be my case, it is gonna take more than one hour per day.

after bonus rolls, i need order hall resource, so i'm just doing quest for order hall resource, i just ignore other quest, and for AP, i'm only doing +1k AP quest, same with gears too only +840.

Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    Almost-neverending world quests

Practically-neverending 5mans

Neverending sources of warforged gear chances up to mythic ilevel and chances for legendary items each.

I personally started not doing world quests that much. It started with not caring about rep, then it moved to not doing gold and resources missions, and now I moved to not caring about the AP quests either, the lower ones at least. There is simply too much going on to find it sane to grind all those sources of gains.
    I think Blizz has done a good job of letting people play what they want to play. You can get some serious AP just doing world quests every day, which takes some time. You can also run Mythic+ dungeons for SERIOUS AP as well.

You aren't meant to do everything, or god forbid do everything on multiple characters. You have to make choices. I think what you call "timesinks" Blizz calls content. They are throwing a ton of stuff at you including LFR this week so that you can't possibly do everything. I don't see that as a bad thing and I don't see it as "excessive."

- - - Updated - - -

That's good, but class hall missions do not matter when it comes to timesinks. Primarily because I do them on the App, but even without that, they would not take more than 5 minutes twice a day.
    How do you fund the class hall missions though? I stopped doing WQ and quickly ran out of resources to run missions.
    Last edited by Varaben; 2016-09-29 at 11:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    I gave up on alts this expansion.
    On playing with them me too, but i am not gonna give up on alts gold farming like crazy in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Killedbydeath View Post
    I don't deal with it...
    I do came up with the idea of...
    playing everything around AP... and maybe if it comes a quest with gear that has the possibility to be an upgrade.
    Then i do other stuff like Mythics/Raids(finish it asap so i can invest time to other things)/ arena /BGs and stuff...
    But my main care is AP quests...
    This is maybe the only thing that really have to finish ASAP, all the others you'll have time after the Arti is done...
    And as it became known that the bonus % talent after 34 talents in our weapon won't matter in PvP, the more i want to finish the 34 talents asap, the other 1 i'll grind it slower... as it possibly will need some millions of arti power...
    But all in all...the only mandatory thing in my mind is artifact power... the more you can cover the sooner, the more time it will get you to do other things after it's done at least to 34 talents..
    It is never done. Nothing is "done" in this expension and that's a good move for blizz. You don't have to do everything, you don't need to but you can spend endless time. Perfect balance for everybody. Anyway, if you would want to compete, you would have time to do all of those things so who care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    You aren't meant to do everything
    This is very true, it is just they have done quite a good job this exp and like everything in the game feels compeling to do, which i think it is the best thing that can be said about Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm just playing and doing what I want to do. Not really interested in seeing things "end" just a month into the expansion. Having things to do is better than not having things to do. What is it with people who are complaining about stuff like this?

If you think you're done, then stop. Come back when you feel like it in a month or so. At least you'll know you have something to do.
    Strangely enough because I don't raid with a guild anymore, I see so many things that I can just do now instead of rushing to get raidready.... I just enjoy myself with the World Quests and my class quests. Still need to finish Highmountain. Currently did not even do ALL the dungeons on NORMAL mode.

My old self would be disgusted by the lack of progerss I have now, but I am really content with how I am not NEEDING to log in if it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    How do you fund the class hall missions though? I stopped doing WQ and quickly ran out of resources to run missions.
    Right, valid problem. I usually do the resource quests which lie between ones I'd do anyway.

Right, valid problem. I usually do the resource quests which lie between ones I'd do anyway.
    Just the other day I got both the item that gives +25g per WQ you do with follower and the other one which gives +OR instead. I could see myself strapping those on one follower and doing a couple of zones for easy income boost. Once I get another one that gives +OR, I'd use that instead of the gold one. I guess the epic version would give +100 OR? 2x that per WQ and you'd really only need to do emissary boxes and still be swimming in OR.

Need to get pretty lucky to land 2 of those epic ones though.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Strangely enough because I don't raid with a guild anymore, I see so many things that I can just do now instead of rushing to get raidready.... I just enjoy myself with the World Quests and my class quests. Still need to finish Highmountain. Currently did not even do ALL the dungeons on NORMAL mode.

My old self would be disgusted by the lack of progerss I have now, but I am really content with how I am not NEEDING to log in if it doesn't matter.
    In the same boat as you.
    This is the first expansion I haven't actively raided, so I'm enjoying doing the gear up at my own pace, doing events in the world as I want too, rather than think "HEY slacker get your ass in gear and get out there and do everything"
    What are time sinks to some people is a nice casual pace for me

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    Just the other day I got both the item that gives +25g per WQ you do with follower and the other one which gives +OR instead. I could see myself strapping those on one follower and doing a couple of zones for easy income boost. Once I get another one that gives +OR, I'd use that instead of the gold one. I guess the epic version would give +100 OR? 2x that per WQ and you'd really only need to do emissary boxes and still be swimming in OR.
    I've yet to come across a single piece of follower equipment.

Sounds like it might work, though.

Deleted
    Easy. I just do what I want to.
    If one doesn't play in competitive progression, there is simply no need to complete everything everytime

I've given up on most content that isn't raiding. If it comes to the point where I'm a liability for my team, then so be it, I'll just quit.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I feel ya all I'm trying to do is my leather working which a great pain in the ass..and get the emissary things done but..its still the same shit different day..my guild wants 3 relic slot unlocked with ilvl 840. It will take me 3 years to do this ..

Honestly, the expansion is starting to wear a little thin for me and I think it's a factor of a couple of things:

1) World quests feel like fluff. They're not fun. Yes, they're something to do, but I wouldn't call them fun. They're a step up from mindless dailies, especially WoDs, but a step down from the story-based progressions in MoP.

2) The world feels small. Yes, the zones are nice though they've gotten a bit old for me, but their should have been more of them.

3) Professions are ridiculous now. The gear is not worth the time and effort you need to put into acquiring it. The potion/flasks prices are also ridiculous now and the spawn rates/rng factor of recipes makes it even worse.

I mean, as a whole, the expansion is still great and a far cry from WoD, but something just feels off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orca2425 View Post
    I feel ya all I'm trying to do is my leather working which a great pain in the ass..and get the emissary things done but..its still the same shit different day..my guild wants 3 relic slot unlocked with ilvl 840. It will take me 3 years to do this ..
    Once you have your third relic slot you'll get a massive ilvl boost just by the new relic. 840 isn't really a problem.
    840 with good stats... well, that's a complete different thing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    I loved that part. Unlike other players I didn't have a need to grind mindlessly on repetitive content. I could play the AH on off hours or research the bosses off-game.
    Same, I had no issue with raid & chill. It gives me time to raid a heavy schedule but not be forced to do other stuff to improve my raiding performance. I could do pet battles, old raids, achievements or nothing at all.

My biggest beef is still the timesinks outside of raiding that facilitate raiding. You're basically running double schedules: your raiding schedules and your pre/post raiding schedule to prepare for your raiding schedule.