Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinjitssu View Post
    Have you a actually tanked since the changes? It really doesn't sound like you have. We are fine.
    Have you ? Rotation is a snoozefest now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Have you ? Rotation is a snoozefest now.
    Sick comeback.

Of course I have. We are fine.
    Last edited by Shinjitssu; 2016-09-29 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Typo

Deleted
    I wonder if we can get by just macroing IP and SB into Devastate and get by?

Sick comeback.

Of course I have. We are fine.
    Fine and the rotation being shit are totally different things....

Quote Originally Posted by heyitsqi View Post
    If this guy is saying we"re fine regarding surviviability and we're all talking about gameplay, it's not even worth discussing.

They could've nerfed us without destroying the (already) somewhat boring playstyle as it was. Arms got out of its terrible nerf in that we complained enough about the direction and got it altered from being a total catastrophe. Well, we didn't do that for Protection. I'd rather have weaker IPs if I had more control over putting them up and stacking them. Having rage also gave us more room for dumping into damage instead of mitigation, something we technically had in WoD through Heroic Strike. As it is in Mythic dungeons, keeping it up and rolling feels virtually impossible. I just can't generate the rage to do it anymore. And stacking Focused Rage was never a thing in PvE prior, unless you really didn't need IP for any reason.

Protection mechanics clash too much. There's very weak synergy now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by heyitsqi View Post
    the rotation being shit is why we're pissed. As a tank the spec does it's job fine, as something that's fun to play it fails abysmally. IP is still amazeballs and (probably) needs more nerfs. We're pissed because what should have Nerfed IP didn't and instead made the rotation boring.

Have you a actually tanked since the changes? It really doesn't sound like you have. We are fine.
    That sounds a lot like go fuck yourself territory. Yes I've tanked, have you? It doesn't sound like it. I get through by taking more attention from my healers that they could be spending elsewhere. You put enough thrust behind a brick and you can get it airborn.

I fully realize that requiring more healing has been blizzard's intent this expac. That's fine. It does not excuse the fact that we went from being 60% of our own survival through skillful play to 10% because of decisions like these. Not standing in the shit is not compelling gameplay. Weaving the active mitigation is what made this class fun again in the first place.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    1/3 of rage from generator is on fight with insane amounts of damage taken like Ursoc, on less damage intensive fights or with more bursty phases the rage generation nerf is visible.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll make sure to pull some adds with Nythendra next time
    There is no fight on mythic with trivial tank damage.
    Also, you can´t pull adds with Nythendra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    There is no fight on mythic with trivial tank damage.
    Also, you can´t pull adds with Nythendra.
    Oh ok then our class will only be shit to play for 99% of content. It's fine then I guess.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh ok then our class will only be shit to play for 99% of content. It's fine then I guess.
    Ill try to explain it diffrently.

Content, that is trivial in terms of damage (i.e. content, that doesn´t generate a lot of rage from taking damage) is also easy to tank.
    Content, that is not trivial in terms of damage (i.e. content, that generates a lot of rage from taking damage) will allow us to use IP frequently and thus again make it easy for us to tank.

Even shorter:
    Bosses, that don´t hit hard are not an issue because they don´t hit hard.
    Bosses that hit hard are not an issue because we produce enough rage to mitigate the damage properly.

Even shorter:
    Boss little damage = little danger
    Boss lots of damage = more mitigation = little danger
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

Content, that is trivial in terms of damage (i.e. content, that doesn´t generate a lot of rage from taking damage) is also easy to tank.
    Content, that is not trivial in terms of damage (i.e. content, that generates a lot of rage from taking damage) will allow us to use IP frequently and thus again make it easy for us to tank.

Even shorter:
    Bosses that hit hard are not an issue because we produce enough rage to mitigate the damage properly.

Even shorter:
    Even shorter:

Enough damage to lower my health = enough damage to let me use my fucking abilities.

Even shorter:

Even shorter:
    Ok I'll make very clear for you cuz you seem to struggle.

Little danger = shit gameplay

big danger = average gameplay

whereas before it was

little danger = average gameplay

big danger = engaging gameplay

Got it ?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I'll make very clear for you cuz you seem to struggle.

Little danger = shit gameplay

big danger = average gameplay

whereas before it was

little danger = average gameplay

big danger = engaging gameplay

Got it ?
    Have you forgotten what your last post was or do you share this account with your brothers? You said we were performing badly at 99% of the content, meaning that we assumingly are shit in any content that doesn´t give us a lot of rage. I calmy refuted why that is not the case. Neither your initial comment about being shit in 99% of the cases nor my replay touched the topic of gameplay.
    Furthermore the connection between gameplay and danger as well as the reason why the changes affected that connection are beyond my grasp. It almost seems that you don´t understand what I mean by "danger" or what "danger" means in general:

As a tank you always want to be in little danger. The whole point of mitigation is to prevent yourself from dying and preferably to get into a low-hp situation. I´ll call those low-hp situations "danger" because dying means disadvantages for your raid. So how is it average or was it engaging gameplay to be in a low health situation?

By the way, I agree with you, that the current gameplay is boring. But please stick with what you were talking about, leave the spewing of random phrases to parrots.

Have you forgotten what your last post was or do you share this account with your brothers? You said we were performing badly at 99% of the content, meaning that we assumingly are shit in any content that doesn´t give us a lot of rage. I calmy refuted why that is not the case. Neither your initial comment about being shit in 99% of the cases nor my replay touched the topic of gameplay.
    I was never talking about surviviability and only about gameplay.

Once blizz fix the vengeance bug maybe we'll talk about surviviability problems.

our class will only be shit to play for 99% of content
    shit to play
    to play
    to play
    Danger, for me, is huge amount of damages incoming on you, not necesserally only being at low hp. But if you're low hp you've taken high amount of damages so it's more or less the same.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guess it just shows that "to play" means for you gameplay and for me viability in the raid. I´d take a one button rotation with good mitigation over an engaging gameplay but bad performance in the raid everyday.

Guess it just shows that "to play" means for you gameplay and for me viability in the raid. I´d take a one button rotation with good mitigation over an engaging gameplay but bad performance in the raid everyday.
    Is having both not allowed?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgrip View Post
    Is having both not allowed?
    Allowed yes, guaranteed no.

idk about you guys but spamming IP doesnt turn the class from boring to fun

idk why youre making that the centerpiece of your argument

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    idk about you guys but spamming IP doesnt turn the class from boring to fun

idk why youre making that the centerpiece of your argument
    Because nobody is talking about that ? Are you gonna post stupid shit in all warrior threads ?