Looking forward to rerolling warrior

So I wanted to reroll to a DPS warrior, how are warriors doing right now? From what I researched, fury is better on cleave while arms excels at single target. Which spec is better at mythic+, which is better in NE? Both specs look really fun, so I guess performance will be the deciding factor. I see a lot of complaining here on forums, but I guess it's because of arms nerfs, which I am aware of.

Deleted
    Fury is in a sorry state tbh, if you really wanna reroll id go Rogue, if it HAS to be warrior then go arms

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms is still top dps. People are being ridiculous.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    This.
    Also, Fury will scale very well into future patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

top as in one of top overall or top warrior spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    top as in one of top overall or top warrior spec?
    Top overall. Prot is also still the best tank in the game despite the doomsaying retards around here.

Arms is top Warrior spec. If you have the right legendaries it can still be a top overall spec, otherwise it's middle of the pack and unreliable due to RNG. Here are some Mythic rankings, if you want to check Heroic rankings you should check "past day" so that you only see parses made with the recent nerfs active.

Mythic rank 1s - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#dataset=100 Warrior doing well, 4th highest spec, best Legendaries and Good RNG pay off.

Mythic 75% - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10# - Some of the best players in the world (anyone who has killed mythic bosses by this point), but more realistic RNG and less legendaries, 15th highest spec.

People who say the spec is "still top" are blinded by extremely well geared legendary (gloves/ring) equipped outliers and extreme RNG.. Arms is the most RNG spec in the game, Outlaw can get 6 buffs and destroy everyone through RNG but most of the time they are stable, 6 buffs probably won't even happen once in an average full raid clear. Arms is RNG volatile all of the time.. The best logs have people getting a steady stream of procs with clusters around Battle Cry, the average or bad have big gaps between procs (as long as 30s) and smaller clusters.

It's no surprise then that a lot of guys got tired of the shit and went Fury.. Fury is still below Arms on average though, no doubt about that.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-09-29 at 04:01 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    The well performing specs are pretty/extremely Boring to play.

Fury is fun but isn't in the greatest place yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Arms is RNG volatile all of the time..
    You're full of shit..

You're full of shit..
    I'm full of shit? You don't have anything other than insults, just blind insults with no facts or argument? Pathetic loser.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    This.
    Also, Fury will scale very well into future patches.
    I don't understand how you deduced that Fury will scale very well when the way Fury scales is one of it's major problems

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm full of shit? You don't have anything other than insults, just blind insults with no facts or argument? Pathetic loser.
    Nothing you linked is a reason to not play Arms? What exactly is wrong with the spec in your opinion? You're always either top or middle DPS as Arms which is more than you can say about many other specs. Focused Rage was nerfed because it was too crazy, and if you would notice, Tactician was actually buffed to 0.75%.

Nothing you linked is a reason to not play Arms? What exactly is wrong with the spec in your opinion? You're always either top or middle DPS as Arms which is more than you can say about many other specs.
    "You're either always middle or top as Arms" - http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html - According to simcraft we have the lowest dip aside from Shadow Priests, despite being mid upper tier overall... So according to that we can either be bottom, middle or top, lovely.

What does that say? A spec that has the RNG to be either bottom or top of the damage meters with optimal playing... So what exactly is wrong with that you say? A spec where the best player in the world can have as much as 100k+ dps variance on his dps in Emerald Dream on a pull to pull basis, 25% variance either side of the average?

I think what's wrong with the spec is Blizzard nerfed it by making it more RNG, when it was already plagued by RNG issues.... That's what wrong with the fucking spec. And is it really top? - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...et=95&sample=1 - 95% Mythic over the last day (since EU nerfs)... 16th highest dps spec.

Oh yeah totally the top spec.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh yeah totally the top spec..
    Well I don't play on a hardcore level myself so can't say anything about that. Maybe Arms just scales badly with gear. What I don't understand about what you linked is that Ret is on top, and I've only heard people saying that Ret sucks ass so that doesn't make any sense to me.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    and if you would notice, Tactician was actually buffed to 0.75%.
    The tactician buff with the EtW nerf is an overall net nerf to tactician, afaik.

As stated god knows how many times over the last weeks/months, the problem with arms is its variance and (more recently) its heavy reliance on the execute ring. There are just a lot of systems in Legion which all come together to make arms an exercise in frustration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noctred View Post
    The tactician buff with the EtW nerf is an overall net nerf to tactician, afaik.

As stated god knows how many times over the last weeks/months, the problem with arms is its variance and (more recently) its heavy reliance on the execute ring. There are just a lot of systems in Legion which all come together to make arms an exercise in frustration.
    Well I am having ridiculous amounts of fun with Arms. Maybe my opinion will change over time.

I believe what BigBazz was trying to say is that arms isnt top dps, unless you get those crazy procs,(which is the reason people look at warcraftlogs and go "OMG arms is op and destroyes all other specs" when thats just the small lucky sample being looked at).
    On a side note CptEgo, dont call people full of shit just because your own experience disagrees with that their saying.

Funny when people post overall statitiscs from warcraftlogs and dont change the "over a range of two weeks".

People are being disingenuous here. Arms isn't "top" by any means post-tuning. It's in a good state right now but has some notable weaknesses and a wide RNG variance.

Before tuning, sure, it was far and away the top single target spec in the game so bad RNG didn't even hamper it that much. Now? Single target is about on par if not slightly lower than a well played feral/ret/arcane mage. Sustained AoE is still pitiful, but burst AoE is godlike. Arms also has poor target switching capabilities. If you have Archavon gloves and Ayala's 14 days from now, you might be top on most fights, but that's dependent on the extreme RNG of getting the two correct legendaries that less than 0.1% of warriors will likely have in the short term (and perhaps long term).

Fury is fun, but like others have pointed out it does have it's issues. I personally just hate the enrage mechanic so I've avoided playing the spec for any extended period of time, but it is pretty powerful in lower level mythic+ dungeons and is workable in normal/heroic raids. Higher level mythic+ and mythic raiding, I can't comment, but a fury warrior is pretty low on the desirable totem pole.

I still love the warrior class so I'm still maining one since Legion launch day 1, but it has flaws like any other class, and you gotta be ready to embrace that. In short, Arms is probably a notch above Fury right now, but Fury is better in dungeons and AoE fights. If you're rerolling to big dick top damage all the time, this class isn't for you right now. Roll a mage, enh shaman, or shadow priest for that. If you're rerolling because you enjoy the warrior class theme/playstyle, then go all in my man!
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-09-29 at 10:04 PM.

I don't understand how people are saying Arms is still good. On Warcraft Logs when you change the period to 1 day and difficulty to Mythic, Arms is the 7th worst DPS spec in the game, barely beating Fury. This stays consistent for the 75th percentile and the 95th percentile. On Heroic, Arms hovers around the middle, until you go to the 95th percentile in which Arms is in the top 3rd.

I imagine this is only obtainable by people with the legendary, which is not a good sign for the class in general.