Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Words have meanings. In this context, the colloquial use of "gross" is "very disgusting", which is subjective (read: opinion).
    Like I said... you're hung up on a singular word and you're sticking to it. Tell me more about True Names.

I doubt that anyone wants to hear about the exploits of my teenage years. But that's just one of the aforementioned scenarios. Not to mention "swinger" groups, modern brothels, etc. My point is (and was) that your claim that promiscuity is "gross", in the manner it was delivered, is inane. And in spite of your "objective" explanation in reaching that conclusion, I'm not convinced that it's not at least somewhat motivated by some naive notion that monogamy is "morally" superior.
    /snicker

Sure thing kid... you hold onto that fantasy. Nothing morally superior about any of this discussion, but by all means if you want to believe your crystal ball or tarot cards that tell you what I *truly believe* then I'll not keep you from your fiction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    "Slut shaming" is projection of personal failures and shortcomings onto others.

The rest of the debate around this is really utterly irrelevant. I will always judge and never take seriously a person (whether man or a woman) who engages in "slut shaming".
    It only reflects upon you if you have to input emotion or background not in evidence. Sleep around, you up your risk of disease, ergo you're as gross as any other disease vector in human form.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh is this another thread where we try to change what the word whore or slut means? It's easy, a mans job is to spread as many seeds as possible, and womens job to be selective and find the best mate, not just take on all comers. Now things aren't so simple, but the principle is still the same. Why does it matter though? If you want to be a slut, be a slut, why care what other people think? So many sexual deviants these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    To you. But unless you're involved in his/her life, your opinion is irrelevant.
    That's fine. Like I said, if that's what they want, go for it. I'm not going to stop you. But at the same time, stop trying to say I need to respect people who have had sex with 20+ people before the age of 25.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly because Women that sleep around constantly tend to be flawed people as a whole. I've never met a well-adjusted whore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    "Slut shaming" is projection of personal failures and shortcomings onto others.

The rest of the debate around this is really utterly irrelevant. I will always judge and never take seriously a person (whether man or a woman) who engages in "slut shaming".
    Anytime I hear people use terms like "Slut-shaming" or "fat shaming" I never take them seriously either.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    a mans job is to spread as many seeds as possible
    The flaw of polygyny is that due to the fact that one male sires so many of the offspring, there is less genetic diversity in the community.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    But at the same time, stop trying to say I need to respect people who have had sex with 20+ people before the age of 25.
    I never said you need to respect them. In fact, who you respect is entirely up to you. But a person's sexual proclivities don't make them any less of a person than anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I think it can be explained with the root cause that women having sex and getting pregnant will most likely end on her own as the father could be a lot of people.

It's an old stigma that we haven't been able to eradicate completely, for the simple reason that teen pregnancy still happen at a distressing rate. While both parties are responsible for their actions, a women that sleeps around a lot have more to lose than the man.

While I strongly believe the stigma shouldn't be so strong culturally, we must not forget that stereotypes are usually representative of a small percentage of a given group. So it's innacurate for a majority, but still meaningful enough for a minority.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    The flaw of polygyny is that due to the fact that one male sires so many of the offspring, there is less genetic diversity in the community.
    iirc in our closest relatives, bonobos, the females will sleep with multiple males.
    Last edited by starlord; 2016-10-01 at 02:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    It's actually quite simple. In order to have sex, first a conversation must take place. Our society has made it the man's responsibility to initiate the conversation. Furthermore, when in a setting such as a bar, many women complain that guys come up to them all of the time. Most if not all of them wanting sex. Men on the other hand do not have multitudes of women coming up to them offering to have sex.

So when you think about it, women have no shortage of men offering sex. So when they have sex a lot it seems like they are just saying "what the hell?" a lot. When men have sex a lot, since they have to initiate conversation, and since many try to initiate conversation and yet don't get that far, it makes it seem as though that guy has all of the answers.

Think of it like this. Imagine women are colleges/universities and men are applicants, someone who applies to 10 schools and gets into all of them is thought of as an above average student. Someone who applies to 10 schools and gets into 5 is thought of as average. Someone who applies to 10 schools and gets into 1 is thought of as below average. Someone who applied to 10 schools and didn't get into any is seen as missing something. In almost all of these cases, the ones who got rejected want to know what they didn't do that the first student did in order to increase their chances of getting in somewhere.

As for the women. A women who only has a few partners is similar to an Ivy league school. Many apply but few get in. A women who has an average amount of partners is similar to a regular university. Many apply, and many get in but many also get rejected. A woman who has a lot of partners is seen as community college. Many apply, the vast majority get in. Then you have a hooker who is similar to those shitty colleges we see on tv. As long as you have money, you're in.
    You say shitty college I say drama and responsability free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who sleeps around is disgusting, man or woman, one night stands and fucking multiple peiple at once is disgraceful. I'd take back a few of the women I slept with when I was younger if I could.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, because women have it easier, much easier. Come on, women to have a lot of sex partners during their life just need to know to say yes. While a men, in order to have a lot of sex partners need to have money, status, or develop a set of skills (music, dance, cooking, you name it) to impress the opposite gender; and, in most of the cases are expected to take the initiative.

So, guys with lots of sex partners usually have traits seen as desirable by the society, while the women, just need, in most of the cases, to smile and say yes.

I know many promiscous women, and actually, my best female friend is very promiscous (more than 100 sex partners being only 21 years old). I don't have any problem with them, and i treat them just like any other person, but, i would never marry a promiscous women. Why ? Well, because i have the right to choose the traits of the partner i want to estabilish a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    I know many promiscous women, and actually, my best female friend is very promiscous (more than 100 sex partners being only 21 years old). I don't have any problem with them, and i treat them just like any other person, but, i would never marry a promiscous women. Why ? Well, because if have the right to chose the traits of the partner i want to estabilish a relationship.
    I don't even get how you can be with over 100 people by then

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One gender getting multiple sexual parnters is a lot easier than the other, on average.

So for the gender where it's realtivetly harder, it's considered a feat/accomplishment.

The other, not so much.

Usually because THEY are not getting sex from said women... And trying to look like they are on some kind of moral ground.
    Of course, I do know and understand why so many think that for men it is much more acceptable to f... around, there is some basis for that. However, that does not give rights to call someone slut.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I don't even get how you can be with over 100 people by then
    - begin your sex life being 12 y/o;

- Don't estabilish serious relationship with anyone, and if you do, cheat;

- Go out every weekend, for years;

- Have many (men) friends;

- Abuse of the drugs and alcohol;

- Be an attractive woman.
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2016-10-01 at 03:41 AM.

a woman can have sex any time she wants, while a man has to work for it. its that simple.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Usually because THEY are not getting sex from said women... And trying to look like they are on some kind of moral ground.
    Of course, I do know and understand why so many think that for men it is much more acceptable to f... around, there is some basis for that. However, that does not give rights to call someone slut.
    So, if a woman doesn't like "slutty men" (don't know whats the right world for men who just want to f*** around in english), is this because she is not receiving sex from those men ?

Please change the thread title from "antagonism" to "jealousy".

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Absolutely it does, its gross and you shouldn't do yourself so poorly, male or female. Why everyone gets so damned sensitive and feels the need to analyze other peoples' sex lives (or assumed lack thereof) as a response really is sadly telling of you and others that just don't like the word "slut"

And I've never found the easy women provocative or alluring, and most of my friends who screwed around with whatever 3am last-call whore they could find were equally repugnant. It was always a stronger correlation between the highly promiscuous and low discerning people and ideas about self worth and opinions of the opposite sex being highly negative. I just love how its incomprehensible for some of you to understand that one can be entirely against promiscuity without an ounce of religious influence...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Please change the thread title from "antagonism" to "jealousy".
    No one is jealous of premature pregnancies, herpes, or shitty one-night stands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Not advocating polygyny.