Is there anything from the first page that has majorly changed up to the current patch?

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Deleted
    Zoopercat: How to have AMR updated then ? (i use the website premium account not the client) It always want to replace my Devilsaur Shock-Baton with shitty trinkets as an Enhancement. Thanks

@Arcanemist It is doing damage, as you can see in this report http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...c1c6e0d03035c9
    However, the item data says it can't be used on enhancement, but I just confirmed with some log data that it can. So we'll be adjusting that flag so enhancement can sim it correctly. Thanks for asking about it.

@Hareem - The devisaur shock baton is correct. Mastery is affecting it as well. I also want to make sure you're not confusing the trinket rankings with the simulations. So, to rank trinkets for your character, you'll want to generate custom weights with our simulator, which also simulates every item with a proc and bundles that in the report. Then when you look at gear rankings, those trinkets are ranked directly from those simulations. It sounds like you just need to update that to your character, instead of our default setup.

Note: To do an even further check, I compared the shock baton to people in WCL and it matches the damage and uses to within a couple tenths of a percent.

Log example: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=9 (note he got a lucky crit streak on the devilsaur procs, making it slightly higher).
    Sim setup to match that character: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...efe2968fb299f0

(Note, yes, they did more dmg on WCL, but that's not unusual, as you can see from the standard deviation on our report is 22,000. And since he's a top rank, that makes sense that he got on the high end).

@Devious009 Give me your character name and realm and I will test it. But you'll also want custom weights from our simulator for your gear rankings. Also like J said, looks like we have 1 or 2 more trinkets that were meant for casters to be enabled for melee. Hang tight, we'll get that fixed right away.

@Numy You might want to run your own weights too, in order to get custom trinket rankings. To do that, go to our simulator and change the sim type from 'single run' to 'gearing strategy.'

NOTE-- the gearing strategy sims are disabled for a few more hours (we put it in maintenance mode yesterday). We have a whole bunch of more custom options being added to it to make it the most powerful stat generator tool yet. But we had to do a little more testing on it before re-releasing it.
    Last edited by Zoopercat; 2016-09-30 at 06:57 PM.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

That's what I call customer support.

Awww TY It's what we do. If someone thinks something is wrong, I investigate it. Even if I've done it before, because you never know when you might find something

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, the Baton is working fine in your sims, which is why its all the more curious to me that the tooltip isnt updated by our mastery (which makes it look a lot worse), and for whatever reason its ranked very low in the trinket list, like, it wants me to replace it with shitty ilvl 815 trinkets Ive never even heard of. Youre saying I need to sim something specific to change that?

@Hareem Can you tell me what you mean about the tooltip? You mean you want the dmg number to update based on your mastery? That we don't show, if that is what you are referring to.

For the trinkets, you'll want to run a gearing strategy. To do that, change the 'sim type' on the right from 'single run' to 'gearing strategy.' However, you'll have to wait a few more hours to do that, as we put it in maintenance and disabled it for the past 24 hours while we test some improvements we made for it. Once it's enabled, that will not only give you stat weights, but it will include simulation data for all items with procs. The report will have a 'save and use' button on it, click that and it will import right into your gear page. Pretty handy.

I double checked on the shock baton in the gear lists, and I need to update the default ones as well. So while it isn't tailored to your character, that default list should have it higher, which it will once we re-enable the gearing strat and I can get the defaults updated. Sorry for that confusion.

Do you know if AMR ever fixed their crash lightning proc'ing logic? I know in the beta there was disagreement between SimC and AMR over whether Crash Lightning's primary attack was able to proc things (hailstorm/flametongue/windfury/stormbringer/etc.), and I never followed up to see if that was resolved or not (Crash Lightning can proc all of those things in-game).

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's with the dip in numbers between Heroic and Mythic? We go from top-tier and drop to low-mid in Mythic. Just not as much representation? Scaling issues?? Unfavorable conditions?

I only ask because I am honestly preparing for a nerf since I only play norm/heroic content but it seems like we're okay? Maybe?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    What's with the dip in numbers between Heroic and Mythic? We go from top-tier and drop to low-mid in Mythic. Just not as much representation? Scaling issues?? Unfavorable conditions?

I only ask because I am honestly preparing for a nerf since I only play norm/heroic content but it seems like we're okay? Maybe?
    Boss mechanics. On Nythendra you cant really focus on dealing damage during her "recharge" phase, you gotta move way more often to not get hit by either pools or insects. Also, procluck is always something that'll play into how much damage you're doing. And of course, probably not a lot of people doing mythic yet really.

If you check the statistics, you can see that we're only really "bad" on two bossfights currently because of either multiple targets (Dragons of Nightmare) or somewhat aoe-fights (Il'gynoth up until heartphase).
    Last edited by Darleth; 2016-10-01 at 04:24 AM.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

@zoop thanks for the reply, it's alright I'll sim my character once the maintenance on AMR is done and compare both simC and AMR to check for differences.

Can you also look into another caster trinket that is supposedly very good for enhancement? It's the swarm plaguehive trinket from first boss Nythendra and the mythic version rivals an SFF trinket (which I doubt) but can you add that trinket as well to the list of caster trinkets that are viable for enhancement please.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, thats what I mean, the tooltip doesnt update its damage based off our mastery like it does in game, which makes it somewhat misleading to people looking for gear setups. As an aside, does the sim update Chrono Shard if you equip the neckpiece and get the set bonus from it?

Might've been said at some point, but I can't seem to find a real answer. Can anyone say where the shock baton definitively comes from? What unlocks the world quest or whatnot? I don't know if I'm just needing to play the waiting game or could've had one by now.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boodajooce View Post
    Might've been said at some point, but I can't seem to find a real answer. Can anyone say where the shock baton definitively comes from? What unlocks the world quest or whatnot? I don't know if I'm just needing to play the waiting game or could've had one by now.
    There is a Suramar quest chain to unlock the WQ that has a chance to award Baton. If you WoWhead the WQ name (Life Finds a Way) within the comments section there is a detailed list of the needed quests to unlock it. Keep in mind though, it seems to be quite rare even once you unlock it. I've had it unlocked for like 3 weeks and it just awarded it for the first time a day or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hareem View Post
    There is a Suramar quest chain to unlock the WQ that has a chance to award Baton. If you WoWhead the WQ name (Life Finds a Way) within the comments section there is a detailed list of the needed quests to unlock it. Keep in mind though, it seems to be quite rare even once you unlock it. I've had it unlocked for like 3 weeks and it just awarded it for the first time a day or two ago.
    Ok thank you, I did find that on WoWhead and went through the questline but I just wanted to be sure I wasn't still missing something or if it was just rare as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Boodajooce View Post
    Ok thank you, I did find that on WoWhead and went through the questline but I just wanted to be sure I wasn't still missing something or if it was just rare as hell.
    It should pop up every 1 - 2 weeks though. I had it 2 times now.

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

are you talking about regular 825 baton or upgraded?

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    It should pop up every 1 - 2 weeks though. I had it 2 times now.
    Yeah, I'm not really sure how it works but it seems random and rare. I didnt have it for 3 weeks, always had Bite or gold, and now I had it pop twice in 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hareem View Post
    Yeah, I'm not really sure how it works but it seems random and rare. I didnt have it for 3 weeks, always had Bite or gold, and now I had it pop twice in 3 days.
    It surely is random. I had it multiple times now and had the Devilsaurs Bite only once, while having Baton 3 times and the other times it just gave gold.
    Not really sure how this system chooses what to reward to the player.

*tips m'fedora*

Deleted
    Did Six-Feather Fan get nerfed? Its only doing 2% of my damage.