Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Ok mastery, then you gear vers/mastery. Haste was more of a dps centric stats with some tanking advantages than a pure tank stat.

If the 2 war tank from the world 1 guild rocking 30% vers doesn't convince you vers is better I don't know how I can.
    i never said it wasn't better. i said it wasn't obvious that it was better.

you did say that however, so i was just wondering how you arrived at that conclusion when everybody else said haste was better before sims were build.

I ran this a few days ago, but its still the same. Against a mythic level raid boss, versatility is the best for preventing spike damage and reducing overall damage intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    there is a difference between "something being obvious" and "stating the obvious" you know.

i shall counter your great argument with:

so does mastery.
    Marok ran it a while back. Mastery is a higher 'raw' increase to IP. Versatility is higher because of how it lets IP double dip. By increasing its value, then reducing flat damage intake (thus reducing the amount of damage hitting IP, so it lasts longer).

That said, I agree. It's not "Obviously" better. In fact, if it weren't for the math, I wouldn't have said it was. The 'obvious' synergy comes from Haste/Mastery (More shield block uptime = more Critical Blocks through Mastery). That said, it does technically pull ahead the most

Quote Originally Posted by Pachulius View Post
    Noticed many top Prot wars skiped STR gems and went straight Versa or Haste gems. Wondering why that might be as I thought STR was our tops tat
    Producing Saber's Eyes requires 800 skill in Jewelcrafting, which costs hundreds of thousands of gold in materials to get to. This means only a bare handful of people per server can craft them, which means they're exorbitantly expensive (10,000-20,000g per gem)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Of note, Sco was only 851 ilvl and went Haste/Mastery for the world #2 kill. Альвеона at the time was near 31% vers, 28% mastery, only less than 2% haste. Морана Had 16%ish Vers, 40%ish mastery, 15%ish haste.
    He was 870 and went mastery over haste. You're looking at Sco (851), but he was raiding on Scogun.
    Last edited by vorpalbladebb; 2016-09-30 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldarm View Post
    Marok ran it a while back. Mastery is a higher 'raw' increase to IP. Versatility is higher because of how it lets IP double dip. By increasing its value, then reducing flat damage intake (thus reducing the amount of damage hitting IP, so it lasts longer).

That said, I agree. It's not "Obviously" better. In fact, if it weren't for the math, I wouldn't have said it was. The 'obvious' synergy comes from Haste/Mastery (More shield block uptime = more Critical Blocks through Mastery). That said, it does technically pull ahead the most
    There is also an obvious synergy with versatility and mastery. They both increase your IP value directly. Mastery by increasing your AP by a percentage and Versatility with a flat percentage increase applied on top of the mastery AP. These effects are multiplicative, so the more mastery you have, the more versatility will increase your IP value, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by AanvilGT View Post
    There is also an obvious synergy with versatility and mastery. They both increase your IP value directly. Mastery by increasing your AP by a percentage and Versatility with a flat percentage increase applied on top of the mastery AP. These effects are multiplicative, so the more mastery you have, the more versatility will increase your IP value, and vice versa.
    and mastery contributes too with more critical blocks with less damage on your IP shields

From the Blues

We are discussing a potential hotfix to increase rage generation from Shield Slam and reduce Ignore Pain's maximum absorption, so hopefully that will help with any 'clunky' feeling you guys have been noting.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    From the Blues
    Yes, so now it can run out because the % value was reduced before we can refresh because of the damage, not the lack of rage :P

I havent felt so bored and rage starved in forever on my warrior and i am still playing Haste/Mastery, i cant even imagine if i go Versa/Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Yes, so now it can run out because the % value was reduced before we can refresh because of the damage, not the lack of rage :P

I havent felt so bored and rage starved in forever on my warrior and i am still playing Haste/Mastery, i cant even imagine if i go Versa/Mastery.
    Well I hope they do it right, i'm already in the process of rerolling (cuz I have a rule that I have to like at least 2 of the specs). This will at least give me some hope, cuz I'm still playing my warrior but leveling on the side. I just don't have 6 months or a year to wait before they fix stuff. I need a class / spec that is somewhat stable. Spending all my time leveling and grinding out the tree would make it impossible in a few months, and then it would be to late.

They are prolly gonna gut IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    From the Blues
    thats stupid
    warriors are fine now
    the clunky feeling probably comes from low damage scenarios in which that case you dont need a full IP just a tiny one will do
    if you charge in and take so much damage that you need an IP up, the damage probably generated enough rage for you to do 1 60rage IP
    so i dont know where the "clunky feeling" is coming from
    personally I like the state prot is in now
    If they really wanna buff SS, just make sure it doesnt generate so much rage such that we go back to ignoring revenge again
    maybe SS 13 rage and revenge 6-7 rage?
    Last edited by Milocow; 2016-10-01 at 07:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    They are prolly gonna gut IP.
    Dont reflect your hate of blizzard not giving monks what they need on warriors >> brewmaster forum is that way!

To stay ontopic i think this is a good thing.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2016-10-01 at 08:20 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    We are discussing a potential hotfix to increase rage generation from Shield Slam and reduce Ignore Pain's maximum absorption, so hopefully that will help with any 'clunky' feeling you guys have been noting.
    That this probably ends up being a big nerf for raids/mythic+, if they dont increase the rage gen from ss/rev by a hugh amound, is something most warriors probably dont understand. But hey at least all the crybabies can finally spam abilities during world quests and heroic dungeons, because thats the content tanks really care about.

Deleted
    I actually love high Mastery as Protection Warrior.
    Superb for AoE dps with all those Scales of Earth procs.

Crit is nice for Ultimatum procs and Revenge procs + good dps.

Haste is fun, protection rotation is non existant so being allowed to atleast hit abilities very fast makes it less boring.

Versatility on the other hand. It just doesn't feel as fun playing with high versitility as the other stats for gameplay, effective yes, boring yes.
    Last edited by mmocdfdf1a8f27; 2016-10-01 at 08:54 AM.

Deleted
    What needs to happen is shifting some rage from damage taken to our abilities. People looking at logs for Heroic bosses figured about 60-70% of our rage generation comes from RFDT. On Mythic it might get even higher.

The thing with RFDT is how stupidly good it is. Right now you gain about 1 rage/2% hp in damage you take. A 60-rage IP gives back about 22-23 rage by the time it is eaten. That's right, we have a passive 35% mitigation by doing nothing but standing there and taking damage! But we also have Dragon Scales, which makes that particular IP be 40% larger for no cost, meaning we mitigate almost 50% of all damage taken very often, just as long as we have Shield Block up (without even taking into account the defensive benefits of block/crit block). Not only that, but we have a great number of defensive cooldowns: Shield Wall, Last Stand, Spell Reflect, Demo Shout, heck even Neltharion's Fury vs stuff that melee a lot.

So with all this rage coming from doing nothing, why do we press buttons? Focusing on SS/Dev to extend Shield Block uptime is the only reason, and even then I get into situations where SB refreshed to 1 charge and I still have 10 seconds of the buff on me. This means my 25% haste is a bit useless, I'd be better off dumping it into mastery or vers.

Look at Vengeance DH (I hope I get their tank spec name right), they also get Pain from damage taken, but for them it's a lot closer to a 50/50 split between self generation and damage taken (and even there it gets skewed towards a 65/35 split on hard hitting bosses).

In my opinion, they need to lower the rage you get from damage taken and buff our self generation massively. At that point our 130 rage pool makes sense: you can pool up a lot of rage and min-man Dragon Scales procs or keep it for predictable damage spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bixster View Post
    That this probably ends up being a big nerf for raids/mythic+, if they dont increase the rage gen from ss/rev by a hugh amound, is something most warriors probably dont understand. But hey at least all the crybabies can finally spam abilities during world quests and heroic dungeons, because thats the content tanks really care about.
    If you don' t understand that nerfing ip directly and not our rage generation will attain the same objective without making the gameplay boring, you're hopeless.

If you don' t understand that nerfing ip directly and not our rage generation will attain the same objective without making the gameplay boring, you're hopeless.
    spamming IP is more fun than not spamming IP?

idk man

carpal tunnel hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    spamming IP is more fun than not spamming IP?

idk man

carpal tunnel hurts.
    Why are you talking here if you're not even playing a warrior ?

Why are you talking here if you're not even playing a warrior ?
    what proof do you have that im not currently playing a warrior?