Page 1 of 45
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

"No means no!" but only for women

Men are expected to always not do something when women say no but when women wants to do something against a mans will, like forcing men to become parents, why doessn't mens no matter in that case? Surely it should be respected when men say they don't want to be forced to become parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Men are expected to always not do something when women say no but when women wants to do something against a mans will, like forcing men to become parents, why doessn't mens no matter in that case? Surely it should be respected when men say they don't want to be forced to become parents?
    how to get out of custody

step 1: tell courts you want sole custody

step 2: drop kid off at adoption center

We in the Patriarchy have decided that if you father a child, the woman gets to decide whether or not she wants to bare the child. While the Patriarchy is all male we do have daughters.

You can't really ask a woman to kill her fetus can you?

Once the fetus becomes a child, yes that child has a DNA father and that DNA father is financially responsible for the child until it is of age.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

There is a large difference between someone forcing themselves onto someone, and having a child.
    In case A, someone saying no, one person is an unwilling participant.
    In case B, both people had consensual sex with full knowledge of possible consequences. If they don't know sex could = baby, then they haven't payed attention to humans for as long as humans have existed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blinz View Post
    There is a large difference between someone forcing themselves onto someone, and having a child.
    In case A, someone saying no, one person is an unwilling participant.
    In case B, both people had consensual sex with full knowledge of possible consequences. If they don't know sex could = baby, then they haven't payed attention to humans for as long as humans have existed.
    Yet people say consent to sex does not mean consent to parenthood as far as woman are concerned.

It's really ridiculous to compare saying no to an act, with saying no to the consequences of said act.

You don't get charged for a crime for refusing to do a crime. You will get charged for a crime, if you did it, but now try to say no to the consequences of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Yet people say consent to sex does not mean consent to parenthood as far as woman are concerned.
    Oh, don't worry. The people that were saying that have no problem being hypocrites and saying a man having sex means you want to have a child.

Isn't it funny when people start using the argument they fought against?

Correct, consequences include not having rights to the other persons body. Her body, her choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to misconstrue the long tail implications, but having a child is one thing, the social construct modern society has about forcibly supporting the child without question is a whole other discussion.

When it comes to the birthing of kids, women will always have the choice, because it's still a potentially life threatening situation.
    When it comes to the actual raising of children or being financially responsible for them, that's a whole other discussion.
    Currently men are completely powerless in the situation and really it shouldn't be that way. I think if the man doesn't want to have a kid and took proper steps to not have a child and an accident occurs such as a condom breaking, if the woman doesn't want to have an abortion, the man shouldn't have to bear the consequences of her choice. The argument could be made that the woman also not using a contraceptive should leave her bearing the majority of responsibility.

Poor analogy.

If you don't want to be a parent don't have unprotected sex.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

When it comes to the birthing of kids, women will always have the choice, because it's still a potentially life threatening situation.
    When it comes to the actual raising of children or being financially responsible for them, that's a whole other discussion.
    Currently men are completely powerless in the situation and really it shouldn't be that way. I think if the man doesn't want to have a kid and took proper steps to not have a child and an accident occurs such as a condom breaking, if the woman doesn't want to have an abortion, the man shouldn't have to bear the consequences of her choice. The argument could be made that the woman also not using a contraceptive should leave her bearing the majority of responsibility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    We in the Patriarchy have decided that if you father a child, the woman gets to decide whether or not she wants to bare the child. While the Patriarchy is all male we do have daughters.

You can't really ask a woman to kill her fetus can you?

Once the fetus becomes a child, yes that child has a DNA father and that DNA father is financially responsible for the child until it is of age.
    I don't see why not. I'm fine fine with women wanting a child if they got pregnant by accident. I just don't get why a guy has to pay child support for a child he clearly never wanted. Especially not when a woman has ways to get a child on purpose, I know these cases are rare but they are real.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    I don't see why not. I'm fine fine with women wanting a child if they got pregnant by accident. I just don't get why a guy has to pay child support for a child he clearly never wanted. Especially not when a woman has ways to get a child on purpose, I know these cases are rare but they are real.
    That child has to be taken care of, one way or another, it's either going to be the father or the people (who pay taxes through the state handing out child-support).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Two things I want to know.

1) How old are you?

2) Where the fuck are your parents?

If you want to talk fairness, then it's more fair that you pay for your own child, whether you wanted it or not. Rather than people who have nothing to do with you or your child be forced to pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    'No means No' in regards to an act does (and should) apply to both genders.
    However, saying No to an act does not equal saying No to the consequences of an act.

The comparison in the OP is pretty flawed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Life isn't fair. Males should be encouraged, legally or otherwise, to be involved in raising their genetic kids, even if it means just donating resources.

I can understand why some people might not like this, especially with the populist feminist movement that's pushing for gender equality in all areas except the areas where females already have advantages. As a reaction to this ideology, I agree with your grievance. But I don't think either case is ideal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a vasectomy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Get a vasectomy.
    This is kind of like telling a women to get an abortion. In both cases, we're overlooking bodily autonomy.

Deleted
    That is some really bad analogy.