Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Can void lords even use light magic though? I'd assume they are on opposite sides of spectrum and would be impossible for them to live inside light let alone manipulate it.
    Xe'ra has not used any light based magic that we know of.

I find it extremely suspicious that her contacting the player characters mind causes intense pain when EVERY other Naaru has communicated in a way that is 'soothing' and makes the character feel at peace. No other Naaru has used audible Language either (that I know of), they just communicate telepathically with the chimes.

It also has a gender in a way most Naaru don't seem to, they seemed to not have a gender before this point, since they were spawned at the dawn of the universe and don't reproduce as far as we know.

It talks in a way that is condescending and generally makes the player feel bad about themselves - again something no other Naaru encountered has done. End justifies the means seems like a strange position to take for beings that are supposed to be supremely altruistic.

I don't trust it. I think it's a disgrace to the Naaru.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Can void lords even use light magic though? I'd assume they are on opposite sides of spectrum and would be impossible for them to live inside light let alone manipulate it.
    This is why I think Xe'ra is an example of the light being used for a less-than-noble purpose, like the scarlet crusade did. I doubt a void Lord could mimic the light in the same way a Naaru uses it.

The naaru are some strange thing, they have 2 phases of their life, one is the light and the other is the void, they are the counterpart of the old gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I think she's a being of light, but I think she's overzealous like the scarlet crusade are. She approves of Illidan because he does whatever it takes to get the job done.

I reckon she'll try to force Azeroth into a Titan state to fight the legion, but the ritual she uses is so dangerous it would kill every living thing on the planet, so we have to put her down with the aid of Illidan.
    Technically if Azeroth woke up we'd all be dead anyways, at least that's what I understand anyways.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Well, we have no real idea of what happens when a titan is "born", so kinda hard to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    we did blindly kill a faction of demon hunters, who were doing nothing but murder demons, well we were murdering demons with them, because a small force of blood elves attacked shatrath...
    You forgot the part where the Naaru told us to.
    Last edited by huth; 2016-10-01 at 04:07 PM.

However ridiculous you believe Illidan's redemption story to be, it is the new lore as told by the book. Your theory is flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    However ridiculous you believe Illidan's redemption story to be, it is the new lore as told by the book. Your theory is flawed.
    What really doesn't make sense is our supposed role in it as the mean, hyperaggressive attackers.

Although it was funny to just plain ignore the tanks and slaughter the raid.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    After the reading of WC Chronicle i believe Void Lords are corrupted-like Naaru. Nerzhul in WoD tried to corrupt Naaru turning it into Dark Star with something that look like Shadow/Void magic.
    X'era being KJ or Sargeras doesnt make any sense cause she works against them clearly. Reviving Illidan -> to destroy Legion.

BUT! here the thing. Burning Legion and Sargeras want to destroy Void Lords clearly. So they are the Void Lords enemies.
    So, it would be very useful for Void Lord in disguise to fake X'era and to use us, players, and Illidan to defeat Burning Legion.
    I wouldnt be even surprised if in the end, after we will defeat Legion, X'era will turn out to be one of the Void Lord.

p.s. I think Dreadlords are Void Lords pawns that work against BL and Sargeras. Wouldnt be surprised if X'era has the same capabilities to fake characters as Dreadlords, maybe even on the greater scale.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    we did blindly kill a faction of demon hunters, who were doing nothing but murder demons, well we were murdering demons with them, because a small force of blood elves attacked shatrath...
    I wouldn't say it that bluntly. We killed demons who were taking over Karabor Temple, we killed the Nagas who were literally draining outlands, we killed Gruul (who was on Illidan paycheck) that attacked Rexxar and his tribes, to the point of "kidnapping" his companions. Not to forget the Fel Orcs, who also attacked both Alliance and Horde forces throughout the whole expansion.

And throughout this whole thing, we had literally the blessing of at the leader of the Naaru's. I mean, you're literally granted the titles "Champion of Naaru" and when you attune for BT, you gain "Hand of A'dal".
    Suddenly, one day, 99.7% of the Lich King's death knights broke free.
    Clearly, the lich king was keylogged

The opposite of Naaru is Void God right? Void Lords are above that. In my opinion, Elune is probably the closest to being the opposite of the Void Lords. For this theory, she's not the oldest Naaru, but a non-physical entitity that created them.

Xe'ra is right Illidan is good and hadn't let himself become too far corrupted. He was just doing what ever it took to stop the legion and one of those things just happened to be banging a harem of 1k chicks. Just imagine all he had to sacrifice to do that.

Deleted
    Without chiming in with any wild theories the absolute concrete fact we have,
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Xe'ra is absolutely suspicious.
    Sums up pretty much where we are with her, taking her at face value even as a paladin I'm slightly wary of her sudden investment in everything we're doing, especially as it is contrary to A'dal's campaign through outland. Do Naaru just not talk to one another? And somewhere A'dal is getting a write up by the Naaru council? Somehow I doubt that.

She could be a lawful good character, willing to go to insane lengths to uphold her own values and path to 'the right'. Or it could just be a straight up ruse by the legion. Either way, everyone is suspicious of her. This is for certain.

Deleted
    Every time I read "redemption" I cringe, because if anything, Illidan is loved for being a shit face, and this story line so far is making him look like more of a shit face.

He isn't going the golden boy of redemption and rainbow. You can quote this and throw it in my face if he was changed as drastically as people fear.

I think the most likely scenario is that Xe'ra has no hidden motives and that we're just getting a poorly written story arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I think the most likely scenario is that Xe'ra has no hidden motives and that we're just getting a poorly written story arc.
    Given Blizzard's past track record I'm afraid so myself as well

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cl4nK View Post
    I wouldn't say it that bluntly. We killed demons who were taking over Karabor Temple, we killed the Nagas who were literally draining outlands, we killed Gruul (who was on Illidan paycheck) that attacked Rexxar and his tribes, to the point of "kidnapping" his companions. Not to forget the Fel Orcs, who also attacked both Alliance and Horde forces throughout the whole expansion.

And throughout this whole thing, we had literally the blessing of at the leader of the Naaru's. I mean, you're literally granted the titles "Champion of Naaru" and when you attune for BT, you gain "Hand of A'dal".
    The naga were draining zangarmarsh for a reason, gruul was actually on our side awhile back, he helped us defeat deathwing, and yeah the fel orcs who were defending their home bases :P
    and no we dident have the blessing to go into black temple until later in the expansion when a group of BLOOD ELVES attacked shatrath... now weird eh? blood elves... now that would be very suspicious if it turned out kaelthas ditched illidan and joined the burning legion and were to summon kiljaden but man that never happened right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, we have no real idea of what happens when a titan is "born", so kinda hard to say.

You forgot the part where the Naaru told us to.
    yeah the other guys whatever, but the naaru forbid us from attacking the black temple until a group of "blood elves" attacked shatrath, as maeiv was trying to convince them to help her, but she was refused
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I REALLY hope there's a twist to Xe'ra's bullshit because I can't take another insane redemptiuon story after Kerrigan one in Starcraft.

I do'nt care that Illidan is the prophet of light and shadow or some other retocnned stuff, let me kill him again for real this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I see these hugely grandiose ideas and theories for what Blizz is planning, the genius plot twists etc and it always ends up being the most typical cliche disney/hollywood shitty storylines.

I really need to pick up Chronicle sometime, but I'm still pretty hard-headed against it because I remain rather adamant that the only lore that counts is the lore as told via the game. Plot holes and all - especially given how history has quite a few itself.

Although I am thankful that it closed the one regarding the titans and who exactly was fighting the Old Gods on Azeroth because reading the Thunder King saga from Island of Thunder makes it VERY clear that the Mogu originated with Ra Den - which under the pre-chronicle lore would make him a titan.

Anyway, I just bring this up because game lore for why we go into Black Temple is pretty clear. We are dealing with someone whom last we knew was working with The Legion in order to destroy Azeroth. Like literally crack open Northrend and kill us all. Then we get to Outland and we find that he's running a totalitarian state propped up by the Naga and Blood Elves but it's only later in the final two fights of Black Temple that we see we are actually facing a broken warrior, angry yes but still just a shadow of his former self.

The loss to Arthas utterly wrecked Illidan. Completely and totally.

The loss has forced him into hiding which is no better than imprisonment. He's cut off from Tyrande, his brother, his planet and to make matters worse in what he thought was his guile showing the Blood Elves how to absorb the powers of Fel he's actually opened up Kael'Thas to the influence of Kil'Jaedan and the Blood Elves are the power behind the throne. Pretty much using Illidan being the baddest on the block to force their agenda on Outland and he's too wrapped up in his grief to notice.

Now all that's been changed, which is a shame because it's an amazing story that I think they could have done a lot more with. Heck, they still might be able to somewhat.

So Illidan is being painted as the pragmatist who suffers to bring about the end of the Legion, Xe'ra is mearly the storytelling device where we are supposed to gain sympathy for him.

Unfortunately the device is failing and I still can't see Illidan as anything but a petulant child constantly searching out new power for himself, constantly seduced by personal gain and unable to find any other way to achieve his goals than the easy way - as shown in the BRH event.

Dude just caves because stuff gets hard. Did it when he tried to be a druid, did it when rejected by Tyrande, did it after losing to Arthas, did it when he sucked all the juice from Gul'Dan's eyesockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    I see these hugely grandiose ideas and theories for what Blizz is planning, the genius plot twists etc and it always ends up being the most typical cliche disney/hollywood shitty storylines.
    Which is exactly why I think we can take this story arc at face value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?