Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    That's way too much work, at the same scale at Cata. There's a much easier and better improvement: add the scaling tech to the whole world so we don't have to leave a zone after doing 1/3 of it because the quests are green / gray...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    That's 2 8h days of work here :P
    I'd rather level an alt xD
    you make 3.75 an hour? plz explain

10+ Year Old Account
    The 40-60 experience needs some serious retuning. The scaling tech will help but the flow needs some adjusting as well.Things are on the right track per continent per faction, though:

EK Alliance and Horde (From 40): EPL, Badlands, Searing Gorge, Burning Steppes, Swamp of Sorrows and Blasted Lands.
    Kalimdor Horde and Alliance (From 40): Dustwallow Marsh or Feralas, Felwood, Winterspring, Un'Goro Crater and Silithus.

Would be helpful for those in Silithus or Blasted Lands for there to be an NPC Mage to port players to Hellfire Penninsula starting at level 58.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    That's way too much work, at the same scale at Cata. There's a much easier and better improvement: add the scaling tech to the whole world so we don't have to leave a zone after doing 1/3 of it because the quests are green / gray...
    ...See my original post. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazda View Post
    The Adventure Guide is awesome, but I think new players need help to get to those new places they are being led to.

My wife just recently started playing the game and it is always an annoyance when she wants to move on to another zone, either because she already out-leveled the current one or simply just wants to see different content. Often times the new zone is ways away from her current location, even on a different continent. She has no idea or instructions on how to get to those zones. Are we missing something here? Or is looking up external websites in order to find out how to get from A to B really what we are supposed to do? Without most flight paths unlocked it often feels like she is stuck in a zone and most certainly regularly disrupts the leveling experience.

Any serious tips/advice on how to get around that? I much appreciate any help you guys can give me here.
    You actually will have to visit zones and manually unlock the FPs in order to use them later per character. I do know that on Northrend, Pandaria, The Broken Isles and Draenor as well as Hyjal and the Twilight Highlands some FPs require some questing to unlock. Forest Song (Alliance Quest Hub) is on the other side of Ashenvale and goes past two Horde Quest Hubs so to help with this, a quest giver in Astranaar will put you on a mount and sends you there.

Also, the Adventurer's Journal merely SUGGESTS zones. If you want to go to a zone on another continent, I reccommend asking a player with a mount that can carry passengers (Pretty common now) to help you out. Even better if it's a Mage. Things are linear in Outland, Pandaria and Draenor in terms of zone flow.

My Alliance leveling flow from 5 to 35 spans EK and Kalimdor. I typically go to Elwynn, then Loch Modan until level 16. Then I go to Redridge until 20, go to Darkshire until level 25 and then go to Ashenvale and Stonetalon on Kalimdor. Then I do Southern Barrens and then go to the Plaguelands from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    I do really wish old dungeons had an optional scaling.

Only one I disagree with is the original profession splits
    Some got frustrating having to farm elementals etc for their drops and tailoring with having to go to certain place like moomwell to make the cloth
    They were there for those who wanted them. In fact those who got those recipes back in the day were allowed to keep them but the location requirement is removed. You also overlook the fact the Gnomish Engineering (needed to build Engineering Mounts) and Goblin Engineering are still in the game. Alchemy still has Potion, Elixir and Transmutation Master as well. I have a Paladin with the Outland Swordsmith recipes still for example. Since Blizzard is clearly trying to make crafted gear relevant again, it's all the more reason to bring back the others too.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

7+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the leveling experience when I first started playing and enjoyed doing on my first 3-4 toons. I enjoyed the questing progression pre-cata. I can't speak to post cata quest leveling cause I blow through levels so fast I barely experience any of it. Maybe I'd be interested in it again if there was actually enough substance to "sink my teeth into".

Would have been interesting to attach a poll to this: Do you want the lvl1-100 improved? yes/no
    I wonder if there are enough players, among all wow players, interested in this to reach six digits. I'd be surprised if there were.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post

They were there for those who wanted them. In fact those who got those recipes back in the day were allowed to keep them but the location requirement is removed. You also overlook the fact the Gnomish Engineering (needed to build Engineering Mounts) and Goblin Engineering are still in the game. Alchemy still has Potion, Elixir and Transmutation Master as well. I have a Paladin with the Outland Swordsmith recipes still for example. Since Blizzard is clearly trying to make crafted gear relevant again, it's all the more reason to bring back the others too.
    I am not overlooking anything, but thanks for assuming I am, considering I agreed with 99% of what you posted.
    With the way stats have changed over the years and how elemental resistance is no longer a thing, the "old" professions sub proffs are no longer needed.
    All for new ones, but the old ones need to stay back in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    you make 3.75 an hour? plz explain
    More like 2.5-3.
    Croatia, man

Monthly paycheck is like 500€. Standard.

I really enjoy leveling. But scaling tech is a disaster and i am not interested in a game featuring it. Phasing is a disaster. Nerfing professions by adding catchup mechanics just makes that easier and is a disaster. LFR is a disaster. My critique is that most of the "improvements" suggested by the OP are thinky veiled attempts to make leveling easier. As Ive pointed out many many times, where the playerbase sucks the worst is when they confuse making the game better with making it easier. We learmed that in 1996 when blizzard released diablo 1 and it was all client side. So players all immediately hacked their toons, gave themselves god mode, one shot diablo and then quit saying the game is boring.

To the op, if you want to redesign questing, come up with ideas to make it more challenging instead of making things easier. Otherwise i lump you into the same class of players that ruined diablo 1.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I look at things objectively and will play devil's advocate at times. I offer no apology for that but it's better than the overt efforts I'm seeing to bait me into an arguement. LOL.

At the same time, I look at all sides of an arguement. Not just mine and that of the person expressing their opinion. You're welcome ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I really enjoy leveling. But scaling tech is a disaster and i am not interested in a game featuring it. Phasing is a disaster. Nerfing professions by adding catchup mechanics just makes that easier and is a disaster. LFR is a disaster. My critique is that most of the "improvements" suggested by the OP are thinky veiled attempts to make leveling easier. As Ive pointed out many many times, where the playerbase sucks the worst is when they confuse making the game better with making it easier. We learmed that in 1996 when blizzard released diablo 1 and it was all client side. So players all immediately hacked their toons, gave themselves god mode, one shot diablo and then quit saying the game is boring.

To the op, if you want to redesign questing, come up with ideas to make it more challenging instead of making things easier. Otherwise i lump you into the same class of players that ruined diablo 1.
    Note the parts I bolded. Those are called "Contradictions". You're welclome.

For the last part, there are MUCH simpler solutions including lowering EXP gains, lowering player damage output and increasing Mob HP and damage output but those alone wouldn't be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    I am not overlooking anything, but thanks for assuming I am, considering I agreed with 99% of what you posted.
    With the way stats have changed over the years and how elemental resistance is no longer a thing, the "old" professions sub proffs are no longer needed.
    All for new ones, but the old ones need to stay back in the past.
    I'm thinking more along the lines of "Let's make Gear Crafting Professions Relevant Again." Excuse the paraphrase (LOL).

Let's be honest: Gear Crafting Professions have been irrelvant since Wrath. Intended by Blizz or not, that's the reality. There's no reason for anyone to run Smithing/LW/Tailoring anymore and hasn't since Wrath: The daily cooldown on epic crafted gear was done for the sake of server economy but it worked a bit too well: "Why should I AH this gear after I spent almost a week getting enough mats to make it and won't make much off it anyway?"

A compromise I would be ok with would be in additiont to gear, players with certain crafting professions get the recipe for making the gear themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I enjoyed the leveling experience when I first started playing and enjoyed doing on my first 3-4 toons. I enjoyed the questing progression pre-cata. I can't speak to post cata quest leveling cause I blow through levels so fast I barely experience any of it. Maybe I'd be interested in it again if there was actually enough substance to "sink my teeth into".

Would have been interesting to attach a poll to this: Do you want the lvl1-100 improved? yes/no
    I wonder if there are enough players, among all wow players, interested in this to reach six digits. I'd be surprised if there were.
    I laugh at this weak arguement every time I see it: Everyone assumes everyone who plays WoW either frequents MMO-C or the WoW Forums. Less than half do in reality, maybe less than a third. The silent majority log in, play WoW and then go about their lives.

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

7+ Year Old Account
    I laugh at this weak arguement every time I see it: Everyone assumes everyone who plays WoW either frequents MMO-C or the WoW Forums. Less than half do in reality, maybe less than a third. The silent majority log in, play WoW and then go about their lives.
    What argument? I stated the following :

That is NOT an argument. That's me wondering how many people actually care about it. I'm not concluding anything. The level of reading comprehension on this site at times...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only fix leveling needs is a price reduction

10+ Year Old Account
    What argument? I stated the following :

That is NOT an argument. That's me wondering how many people actually care about it. I'm not concluding anything. The level of reading comprehension on this site at times...
    ...That's why I quoted EVERYTHING you said, not just part of it.

There was no need for me to add a Poll since the point of this thread isn't to up'down vote my ideas but have an actual discussion.

Does that make sense now?

7+ Year Old Account
    ...That's why I quoted EVERYTHING you said, not just part of it.

There was no need for me to add a Poll since the point of this thread isn't to up'down vote my ideas but have an actual discussion.

Does that make sense now?
    All you've done now is shifted direction by ignoring the fact that you misinterpreted my post: meaning, you said it had an argument when it did not.

An argument so weak that it didn't even exist! The only person not getting it was you in that you somehow interpreted my post as having an argument for something that it did not. I corrected you saying there was no argument. If you understand now that my original comment did not make an argument, was merely voicing a curiosity, then everything is now making sense to the only person that needed clarification: you, Aurabolt. There was nothing else to clarify.

Try not to get triggered so easily in the future; it tends to lower your reading comprehension.

I feel like the only thing leveling needs is levelscaling since my only issue with leveling is that you outlevel your zone before youve completed it.
    Also it sort of ruins questing when the instance xp is so insane as it is now.

I wanted to respond at length but frankly the combative OP responses are completely offputting so I'll make it short.

The return on investment for drastic restructuring of leveling makes it completely pointless. This includes level scaling.
    It would only work if Pristine mode were added, and exclusive rewards were tied to Pristine mode, and/or if progression servers were implemented.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    $60 for an instant level100 killed my mood to level an alt.
    Why? You can use that $60 just like anyone else. Have you? Will you? Because I've still not leveled all 24 characters to 100 (full Horde and Alliance stable), and I sure as hell am not going to spend $60 to do so. I'm pretty sure most of us altoholics actually like leveling characters, so the boost is a non-issue.

Cataclysm was a fine revamp to the zones if it kept within the bounds of that expansion... but it didn't, and couldn't, unless Blizz planned to re-revamp everything after Deathwing went away. By now, we need to put out those fires and fix up everything we can. I definitely think we're due for an old-world overhaul.

With the zone-scaling tech in place ... I'm almost stupidly giddy when I imagine all of Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms being potentially rewarding for a 110 or 120.

I think a lot of these should be relatively easy to implement, though I think the return on investment is unfortunately pretty small.

I kind of doubt that WoW gets new players very often these days. They get returning players, which are a sizable pool for WoW. The game is so old, that no matter how great it is, people will jump to the next new thing. Totally agree that dynamic questing and scaling makes every bit of sense. It lets you choose where you quest instead of forcing you through some zones which are not well built or that you just don't like.

Personally, my biggest want is that something be done with old raids. There are SO many great raids that are just transmog fodder right now. Let us run them as 5 man for the current tier or something. Maybe LFR makes sense too, but something to capitalize on all this old content.

I know this is an unpopular subject and I'm in the minority on this. I actually prefer leveling Alts vs. Max level content. I'm well aware Blizzard has repeatedly made clear its stance on updating older content vs. making new content. I obviously disagree to have come here and made this topic. I will continue to talk about it and force the issue until Blizzard reverses its stance or at the very least makes some concessions.

I didn't come here to argue with the majority of folks here who I know will disagree with my position. I will not be baited into unproductive banter either on that note. If that is your intent, I'm letting you know now you will not get my attention.

Moving on.

I'll break things down by each tier of level content: 1-60 (Post-Cataclysm), 58-70 (TBC), 68-80 (WotLK), 80-85 (Cataclysm), 85-90 (MoP) and 90-100 (WoD).

In general, the following features should be added to all tiers:

- Dynamic Questing added to the 1-100 Questing Experience (introduced in Legion).
    - Raid Finder Support for all level 60, 70 and 80 Raids.
    - Bonus Quest Objectives (introduced in WoD)
    - Championing Factions (introduced in MoP)
    - World Quests (introduced in Legion)
    - Transmogrifier and Void Storage Services added to Ironforge, Thunder Bluff, Darnassus, The Undercity, The Exodar and Silvermoon City.
    - Faction Stronghold Upgrading through Phasing (See below)
    - (More Class Dungeon Quests aside from Shadowfang Keep
    - Bring Back Profession Specializations (Elemental Leatherworking, Swordsmithing, etc.)
    - Improved Profession catchup Mechancics 1-700
    - Level15-85 Scenarios
    - Battle for The Undercity brought back as a cross-faction 40-man Scenario
    - New Loremaster Profession (see below)

Faction Stronghold Upgrading

The idea of Faction Stronghold Upgrading takes concepts from both the Garrison and Class Halls. The difference is it's something higher level characters can do once they've moved on to content for the next expansion (for example going from Outland to Northrend). See below for specific tiers for specific examples.

How it would work is through phasing and quest progression, Players can capture, restore or reinforce existing or former strongholds. For example, Southshore was destroyed by the Forsaken post-Cataclysm. Alliance players can retake Southshore for the Alliance and rebuild it. Taurajo was destroyed by the Alliance. Horde players can rebuild it and reinforce it.

Loremaster Profession

A new Secondardary Profession geared toward players who either play Alts or are out in the world doing non-linear things. The Loremaster Profession allows higher-level players to give bonus daily quests to lower-level players.

Both players benefit from this: The lower level player gains EXP and a satchel containing money and gear or items appropriate for their level and class. The higher level player receives a satchel containing Gold, Reputation and secondary currency depending on their level.

In order for a Player to become a Loremaster, they will need to have earned the Loremaster Achievement in the zone they want to give quests in. Once this condition has been met, they will be referred to a quest hub in the zone to become quest givers.

As your Loremaster rank increases, you can give more and more types of quests and give quests to more players. Once a quest has been given, the quest giver is free to leave the zone if they wish. When the quest is completed, the satchel is mailed to them.

Loremasters can also elect to temporarily lower their level when grouped with lower-level players and quest with them.

1-60 Post-Cataclysm

- Dynamic Questing enabled for players level 10-60: Players can choose where they want to level and are locked into that zone until they have finished all major quest chains in that zone.
    - Specific references to Garrosh Hellscream are removed and are replaced with High Overlord Saurfang or Sylvanas Windrunner where appropriate.
    - Tushui and Huojin Faction-specific Quests are added to most of the EK/Kalimdor zones (1-60).
    - Illidari Faction-specific Quests are added to certain EK/Kalimdor zones such as Ashenvale, Desolace, the Felwood and The Blasted Lands (post-Iron March Invasion)
    - An Alliance Version of the Silverpine/Gilneas Quest experience has been added for level 12-20 players.
    - The Blasted Lands Questing Experince is updated to reflect the events of the Ironmarch Invasion. The remnants of the Iron Horde that made it through the Dark Portal have built a stronghold to the west of the Dark Portal. In the East, the Legion has established a base of their own. As the Alliance and the Horde work to rebuild their destroyed fortifications, the last pocket of the Iron Horde and Legion presence most both be dealt with.
    - Alliance Players can help restore Menthil Harbor in the Wetlands through questing, strengthening it into a strong naval port with the assistence of veterans of the campaign in Draenor.
    - The Hillsbrad/Alterac Questing Experience is updated to reflect the events of the Legion Invasion Pre-event: The Alliance has amassed forces in the South, East and Northeast to retake Southshore! The Horde moves to keep to intercept the Alliance's naval forces while the Wildhammer Clan attacks Tarren Mill, forcing the Horde to fight on multiple fronts. At great cost, the Alliance ultimately succeeds in retaking Southshore and moves to quickly reinforce the town before the Horde can take it back. Little did the Horde realize, the Alliance had a much bigger target in mind further to the North: The Ruins of Alterac.
    - Horde Players can help rebuild the Ruins of Taurajo in Southern Barrens through questing, restoring it into the trade center it once was.
    - Horde Players help build a new tunnel between northeast Arathi Highlands and Southeast Hinterlands, creating direct access road between the two Horde settlements on either side.
    - Alliance and Horde Players help a group of Mages and Warlocks create a new portal to Outland in...Desolace?! Despite the chaos around them, the casters have decided to repurpose a Legion portal to serve as a new portal to Outland.
    - The Westfall Questing Experience is updated to include the events of Heroic Deadmines. Alliance players help Gyran Stoutmantle finish reinforcing Sentinel Hill and transform the Dead Acre into a fully functioning farm, giving the homeless and unemployed purpose.
    -The Northern Barrens Questing Experience is updated to include the events of the Legion Invasion Pre-event: The Horde has secured most of the Northern Barrens and has begun constructing a Zepphilin Tower to the Northeast and a bridge connecting to Southern Barrens. Some old threats continue to be a problem, however.

58-70 Outland

- Dynamic Questing enabled for players level 58-70: Players can choose where they want to level and are locked into that zone until they have finished all major quest chains in that zone.
    - Specific references to Garrosh Hellscream and Thrall in the present tense are removed.
    - Tushui and Huojin Faction-specific Quests are added to most of the Outland zones (58-70).
    - Illidari Faction-specific Quests are added to all Outland Zones except Zangarmarsh.
    - Reputation gained from completing quests for Silvermoon City or The Exodar are drastically increased.
    - Having broken free from the Lich King, the Knights of the Ebon Blade have built a neutral quest hub in Terrokar Forest, Shattrath City, Blade's Edge Mountains and Shadowmoon Valley.
    - Upon arriving in Outland, Alliance and Horde players learn the Burning Legion has sent more forces to all Outland zones to hasten the destruction of the remnants of Draenor.
    - The Black Temple Level 70 raid remains intact. In addition, Players help the Illidari and the Ashtongue Deathsworn wipe out the demons trying to retake The Black Temple.
    - The Eversong Woods/Silvermoon City Quest Experience is updated to reflect the events of the Cataclysm: The Forsaken send resources to help restore the Western half of the city.
    - The Ghostlands Quest Experience is updated to reflect the events of the Cataclysm: With the Scourge Wiped out, Horde players help the Sindorei resettle their long-abandoned abandoned towns and villages.
    - The Azuremyst Isle Quest Experience is updated to reflect the events of WoD: The Draenei transform Azure Point into a proper town and set to work building a shipyard to the south and a mine to the north.
    - The Bloodmyst Isle Quest Experience is slightly updated to reflect the events of WoD.
    -Druids gain increased reputation from the Cenarion Expedition.

68-80 Northrend

- Dynamic Questing enabled for players level 68-80: Players can choose where they want to level and are locked into that zone until they have finished all major quest chains in that zone.
    - With Dalaran relocated to The Broken Isles, major amneties for Alliance and Horde players have moved to Vengeance Landing, Conquest Hold, Valiance Keep, Valgarde, Argent Tournament Grounds and The Shadow Vault.
    - Alliance players can now help retake the lower parts of Wintergarde Keep in Dragonblight through questing.
    Horde Players can now help secure and reinforce Garrosh's Landing in Borean Tundra.
    - The Ebon Blade and the Kirin Tor have both added quest hubs in Crystalsong Forest.
    - Quests involving Dalaran on Northrend have been removed. The Ulduar Quest Item involving Algalon the Observer now requires players to travel to the Throne of Storms in Storm Peaks.
    - Players who play as a class without a target-healing ability soloing Icecrown Citadel will now be able to complete the Emerald Dragon Encounter. The dragon is healed according to the damage the player inflicts on adds during the encounter.
    - Death Knights gain increased reputation from the Knights of the Ebon Blade.
    - Paladins and Priests gain increased reputation from the Argent Crusade.
    - Mages gain increased reputation from the Kirin Tor.

80-85 Cataclysm Areas

- Dynamic Questing enabled for players level 80-85: Players can choose where they want to level and are locked into that zone until they have finished all major quest chains in that zone.
    - Specific references to Garrosh Hellscream are removed and are replaced with High Overlord Saurfang or Sylvanas Windrunner where appropriate.
    - The Twilight Highlands intro quest chain involving King Varian Wrynn and Anduin Wrynn has been removed. Instead, Alliance Players are sent straight to the Twlight Highlands.
    - Tushui and Huojin Faction-specific Quests are added to Hyjal, Uldum and The Twiight Highlands.
    - Alliance Players join Genn Greymane in the battle to retake Gilneas from the Forsaken.
    - Horde Players join Sylvanas Windrunner in the battle for Gilneas opposite Genn Greymane and the Alliance.
    - Horde Players assist Trade Prince Gallywix, who is looking for something valuable in Deepholm.
    - Shaman gain increased reputation from the Earthen Ring.

85-90 Pandaria

- Dynamic Questing enabled for players level 85-90: Players can choose where they want to level and are locked into that zone until they have finished all major quest chains in that zone.
    - Tushui and Huojin Faction-specific Quests are added to most of the Pandaria zones.
    - Flying on Pandaria can now be unlocked at level 85.
    - Operation Landfall-related quests can now be done at level 82.
    - The Isle of Thunder can now be visited at level 83.
    - The Knights of the Ebon Blade have decided to help assist the Shado Pan with the Yaungol in Towlong Steppes as well as the Klaxxi in The Dread Wastes.
    - Pandaren gain increased reputation from all Pandaria Factions.
    - Battlefield Barrens can now be done starting at level 10 by Alliance and Horde Players. Quest Mobs scale with your level and require doing a short quest chain to enable daily quests.
    - Alliance Players can further develop Westwind Camp through questing.
    - Horde Players can further develop Eastwind Camp through questing.

Draenor 90-100

- Dynamic Questing enabled for players level 92-100: Players can choose where they want to level and are locked into that zone until they have finished all major quest chains in that zone.
    - The requirements to get the achievement Draenor Pathfinder have been reduced: The Draenor Treasure Finder Achievement has been removed as a requirement to get the Achievement. In addition, becoming Revered with Tanaan Jungle Factions has also lowered to Honored.
    - The Auctioneer Construct has been removed and is now replaced with an Orc or Draenei Auctioneer, who is added to level 3 Garrisons.
    - The Gold and Resource costs for updating Garrisons to Level 3 had been reduced by half.
    - Players can now up to 4 Bodyguards with them at a time, up from 1.
    - Reputation gained from active bodyguards is dramatically increased.

...That's a pretty good start in my book.

I will say again: I care not what those who are against any of the ideas think as that wasn't why I posted these ideas in such detail. I figure if I'm going to push for updating older content, the least I could do was offer specific suggestions and ideas. I want to stress "Terrible ideas", etc. will not be acknowledged by me. Understand you're wasting your own time if you choose to respond to my post with such comments.

If you're going to critique, it must be constructive if you hope to get any sort of reaction from me. That's not too much to ask for. I want this to be civil.

I also posted this on the WoW Forums a few moments ago. I spent two and a half hours drafting all this. The intent is to start a positive dialogue about giving parts of the 1-100 questing experience a much needed update.
    I approve of this, you have obviously given this much thought. Bravo, good man!

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Why? You can use that $60 just like anyone else. Have you? Will you? Because I've still not leveled all 24 characters to 100 (full Horde and Alliance stable), and I sure as hell am not going to spend $60 to do so. I'm pretty sure most of us altoholics actually like leveling characters, so the boost is a non-issue.
    I think even if you like leveling characters, getting to max level 10 or 15 times (which I assume most alt-aholics have done) will still burn you out. The content just isn't fun after X number of times. For some people X is 1, for some it's 50. I know for me, even thinking of leveling another character dissuades me from doing so. If it takes say 48 hours, which is pretty fast I think, playing 2 hours a day that's almost 4 weeks. And I may not get 14 hours a week to level, unless I want to drop my main altogether.

I've leveled through prior expansions, so I know 48 hours isn't that big of a deal (my first 60 took 18 days /played, no joke; even my second, which I rushed took 6 days). But the game has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    I think even if you like leveling characters, getting to max level 10 or 15 times (which I assume most alt-aholics have done) will still burn you out. The content just isn't fun after X number of times. For some people X is 1, for some it's 50.
    It's only the expansions that are bad. There are so many zone choices from 1-55 (55-60 could use some work) that I don't get bored. Past that, I've tried to get creative to mix things up a little but, unfortunately, it doesn't always work. I've resigned myself that I'm always going to have to do HFP and Jade Forest. I've yet to find a good way to bypass either. I don't mind doing Northrend repeatedly because I love it (and thankfully that allows me to skip Cata content completely). WoD's another one I'd prefer to skip in its entirety and isn't possible. The best I've found to do is the Gorgrond 'trick'.

Edit: A big issue is once you reach 'milestone' levels (60, 70, 80, etc.) you're punished for not doing the next expansion's content. There's about an ~80% reduction in EXP. As an example, once I hit level 80 in Northrend, even though I'm still doing level 80 quests, they'll go from awarding ~18k to ~4k. It really takes away choice in the content you want to do unless you accept the EXP penalty of continuing doing what you want. I'd like to think level scaling would help with that and, in turn, burnout from having to do the same expansion zones repeatedly.
    Last edited by Lane; 2016-10-03 at 10:52 PM.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson