Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quick update, ~20mins after i killed it, the same thing happened. Got phased but this time i saw a another player attacking it. After a while, i got phased back. Dunno what's happening tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    If the Horde player is a Paladin, what else is he supposed to do?
    Curse Blizzard for making it faction tagged.

A theory for the phasing. What if the slime was meant to be approached solo? What if every solo player gets phased as soon as they tag it and we're just bugging it with 40-man raids? The idea of forcing to prove yourself against the slime sounds like a neat concept, if it's true.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    A theory for the phasing. What if the slime was meant to be approached solo? What if every solo player gets phased as soon as they tag it and we're just bugging it with 40-man raids? The idea of forcing to prove yourself against the slime sounds like a neat concept, if it's true.
    Would be nice if it was solo.

Aside from having to prove yourself against slime, yes.

Something about it being "slime" just takes away the epic feeling.

I have been waiting for 12 hours alone, with no group and nothing happened. What should be the thing to do to be phased?

8 hours of spawn camping until I found another group in lfg. 9 hours of fishing (~2.2k casts). Won't even be mad if they fix it, I wouldn't wish any of that on my worst enemy.

Seriously though, huge props to all the contributors and testers for sharing all your information and findings. <3 Doing gods work

Quote Originally Posted by Sempere View Post
    I have been waiting for 12 hours alone, with no group and nothing happened. What should be the thing to do to be phased?
    My theory is more about the 5-man tap issue not actually an issue, not the absurd spawn time itself.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, I'm not sure how it all happened.

My server is flooded with horde, so as a human pally I was doomed.

started hopping around and realized those groups wouldn't last long enough for the slime to spawn most likely, and asked a random guy on a server for an invite.

He invited me to a group, we some how phased to a playerless area along side of the river, and the ooze was there. Killed it, got the item, started fishing.

12th cast I got my shard - I know I'm a terrible person. If it makes you feel better, I sent maxwell on a 12 hour mission 45 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Midolftw View Post

started hopping around and realized those groups wouldn't last long enough for the slime to spawn most likely, and asked a random guy on a server for an invite.

He invited me to a group, we some how phased to a playerless area along side of the river, and the ooze was there. Killed it, got the item, started fishing.

12th cast I got my shard - I know I'm a terrible person. If it makes you feel better, I sent maxwell on a 12 hour mission 45 minutes ago.
    Very lucky. I have no friends on dead servers and trying to realm hop didn't seem to matter plagued with 20+ pallys no matter where i zoned.

2,000 casts still nothing >.>

Done with this for now. 16 hours, not a sign of the slime. Just about every server hop was met with "It was just killed x minutes ago!"

I camped TLPD for 2.5 months, and told myself I'd never camp anything for an extended time ever again, but I did. I feel like an idiot.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Very lucky. I have no friends on dead servers and trying to realm hop didn't seem to matter plagued with 20+ pallys no matter where i zoned.
    The group leader was on the server Fenris, which is low pop. I thought it was a bug honestly. I couldn't believe seeing a completely empty server with all this going on.

Hey guys just finished I wanted to share a couple things

1) most people don't group when camping the slime but 5 of us decided to group up and I'm glad we did; as soon as the slime spawned our group tagged it first and it immediately made the other people camping it vanish it's like we got phased as soon as we tagged it. And our whole group was able to kill and loot the slime whole the competition just vanished lol

2) the 5 of us started fishing immediately after and one of the guys in my group got the item in only 10 casts!!! Lucky bastard lol

- - - Updated - - -

Haha we were in the same group

Quote Originally Posted by Donalld View Post
    most people don't group when camping the slime but 5 of us decided to group up and I'm glad we did; as soon as the slime spawned our group tagged it first and it immediately made the other people camping it vanish it's like we got phased as soon as we tagged it. And our whole group was able to kill and loot the slime whole the competition just vanished lol
    This is what my theory is pointing to in regards to the 5-man tap. I think everyone in a group no more than 5 people is phased. The people seeing the tapped slime may have been in a raid where only 5 people in the group got the tap.

Basically, everyone waiting for the slime should only be in a party, no raids. 40 man raid, only 5 get tap. 8 separate groups of 5, all get a kill.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2016-10-02 at 12:11 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donalld View Post
    Hey guys just finished I wanted to share a couple things

1) most people don't group when camping the slime but 5 of us decided to group up and I'm glad we did; as soon as the slime spawned our group tagged it first and it immediately made the other people camping it vanish it's like we got phased as soon as we tagged it. And our whole group was able to kill and loot the slime whole the competition just vanished lol

2) the 5 of us started fishing immediately after and one of the guys in my group got the item in only 10 casts!!! Lucky bastard lol

- - - Updated - - -

Haha we were in the same group
    Okay, I'm glad someone else in that group posted - I wasn't near the slime at the time of the spawn so I missed the others phasing out. We literally were just insanely lucky.

How are you guys realm hopping? There is literally no other farming group on LFG in EU, so I'm stuck on Bloodhoof with is 2/3rds alliance. Sad times.

Wondering the same thing too. I'm in US and I don't see any.

I had a similar experience.

I was camping by the river, queuing for arena skirmishes while waiting. After one match, I zoned back to see a slime corpse. About 30 minutes later, I zoned back to find a live slime and no one else around, so I murdered it.

Took about 260 casts to get the shard. All told, took me less than 6 hours to get the appearance after hitting AK6. Probably luckier than most.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    How are you guys realm hopping? There is literally no other farming group on LFG in EU, so I'm stuck on Bloodhoof with is 2/3rds alliance. Sad times.
    You join any group, not just one flagged specifically for Ashbringer. The DANGER world quest ones are usually pretty good as they usually have auto-invite set.

It's kind of a dick thing to do (and it's the reason I don't set auto-invite anymore, got sick of folks on high pop servers hopping into my group because they were looking for mana node spawns in the vineyards)

You join any group, not just one flagged specifically for Ashbringer. The DANGER world quest ones are usually pretty good as they usually have auto-invite set.

It's kind of a dick thing to do (and it's the reason I don't set auto-invite anymore, got sick of folks on high pop servers hopping into my group because they were looking for mana node spawns in the vineyards)
    You can't do that anymore...it doesn't work if you're not in the same zone....