Playing Wow without LAN

hope i get some help here, for some reason i cant get my computer to connect to a modem or router through LAN. i can only use wifi or home plug, So whenever i play the game the connection is very unstable with sudden lags and disconnections. Can someone please advise how i can get a stable connection?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    hope i get some help here, for some reason i cant get my computer to connect to a modem or router through LAN. i can only use wifi or home plug, So whenever i play the game the connection is very unstable with sudden lags and disconnections. Can someone please advise how i can get a stable connection?
    If I understand correctly, your computer won't connect to your router via ethernet cable? Make sure your drivers are up to date, make sure wired connection isn't disabled.

Right click network icon by the time > network and sharing center > Change adapter settings (top left) > find the LAN > right click and enable (if disabled).

If the LAN is not disabled, what messages does it have?

Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    If I understand correctly, your computer won't connect to your router via ethernet cable? Make sure your drivers are up to date, make sure wired connection isn't disabled.
    it can connect directly, but my modem and router Are in the living room and my computer is in the bedroom, the distance is too long for a LAN

it can connect directly, but my modem and router Are in the living room and my computer is in the bedroom, the distance is too long for a LAN
    You can buy 50-100ft ethernet cables..... How is this an issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, so "for some reason" is that you don't have a cable long enough? Either buy a longer cable, or, assuming your Wifi drivers are up to date, the only way you could get a more stable connection would be to either move the router close to the computer, or buy a wifi extender.

FYI: LAN stands for Local Area Network. What your router puts out is a LAN, what you connect with is either Wifi, or Ethernet. You have to connect to your LAN to connect to the internet. If you're too far away to connect to your LAN, you have to move closer or bridge the gap with something.
    Last edited by Taurous; 2016-10-01 at 08:15 PM.