View Poll Results: DE Personal Loot in a PuG?

Voters
911. This poll is closed
  • It's *your* loot, DE it if you want

314 34.47%
  • You should always share loot if it's an upgrade for someone else

280 30.74%
  • It's your right to DE it and it's their right to kick you

317 34.80%
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    You can do whatever you want with your drops. DE after the dungeon to avoid drama.
    If I don't need it i'll DE it right there and then to avoid bag cluttering. Plus it's personal loot, not "loot randomly awarded to a member of the group but to be mandatorily passed along to others".

7+ Year Old Account

so example, how to easily get enchanting mats with tailoring...

here i spent 8k total on stonehide leatherx400, sniper scopesx20, loose triggersx20, surface to air infernal rocketsx10, and felhidex20
    (the scopes are 5g each, triggers 2g, and surface to air 40g)
    to make 10 helmets
    i then turned those helmets into 6 obliterum
    selling at (the amount i get) 4k each
    (also bought 220 more blasting caps to make gunpowder charges so thats added on)

so 8k into 24k, so turning the price of 8 chaos crystals, into 24, easy peasy, and gathering the stuff yourself as a tailor would make this much more worth while
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Wait to d/e. But yea, I've run into that issue too somewhat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    If you refer to killing questgivers, Blizzard GMs will tell you there's a PvP solution for that, thus they will not intervene. If it goes beyond what a typical killing spree is about, for example wiping out a crucial hotspot of questing for multiple hours, days, then they will probably care.

It's not wrong. Blizzard decides what's wrong and what's right. If you feel like an enchanter scammed you by using his loot for his purposes, you may attempt a GM ticket and settle your issue for good.
    nope, as a alliance player ,the farm npc in westfall, the third small questing hub you go to, the npc gives you about 8 quests, one at a time, and its this one npc, long respawn, and horde LOVE to kill him, and cause massive pile ups of 20-30 people, ive sent in a few reports coming back with "not against the rules" usually rogues, and ive spent some time defending that npc to stop it from being fucked with...

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Lol that lie.
    its actually common if ppl are on the same server as u. It was pretty big in lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    not very many reps even have 850 gear
    where talking about all personal loot, so even 895s if that pops up
    you can only upgrade order hall items to 840
    No, we're talking about Mythic dungeons with base iLvL of 840. Same gear as most rep rewards and upgraded Order Hall items. They don't drop upgraded gear left and right. And most common upgrades are 850. Like some rep rewards, Obliterum gear or upgraded items from World Quests. OP didn't specify what iLvL dropped. Your fixation on upgraded gear is cherry-picking and straw-manning.

and no but as you see, as some people have allready said, they rather let someone starve to death infront of them, then give up their cheeseburger
    Did the poster thaat you replied to there say that? No? Then it's just you being fallacious again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

nope, as a alliance player ,the farm npc in westfall, the third small questing hub you go to, the npc gives you about 8 quests, one at a time, and its this one npc, long respawn, and horde LOVE to kill him, and cause massive pile ups of 20-30 people, ive sent in a few reports coming back with "not against the rules" usually rogues, and ive spent some time defending that npc to stop it from being fucked with...
    So it is not wrong, like I said? Game Masters are not always consistent or right about everything, but for further answers you could try CS forums. What you deem wrong, might be fun world pvp for others. Yes, even it's about slaughtering a level 10 NPC as 110, but you're not the guy who gets to make the rules what fun is allowed and what is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good to know that there are so many greedy people out there. I'll just put a "We loot share" in my Mythics to avoid the me-centric players. I mean I'm an asshole and even I would give somebody who wasn't a dick in my group an upgrade if I couldn't use it. I almost always ask people if they need anything that I don't.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

so example, how to easily get enchanting mats with tailoring...

here i spent 8k total on stonehide leatherx400, sniper scopesx20, loose triggersx20, surface to air infernal rocketsx10, and felhidex20
    (the scopes are 5g each, triggers 2g, and surface to air 40g)
    to make 10 helmets
    i then turned those helmets into 6 obliterum
    selling at (the amount i get) 4k each
    (also bought 220 more blasting caps to make gunpowder charges so thats added on)

so 8k into 24k, so turning the price of 8 chaos crystals, into 24, easy peasy, and gathering the stuff yourself as a tailor would make this much more worth while

Only problem is it seems you had the gold to do this already. We don't know what the OP has.

7+ Year Old Account
    So it is not wrong, like I said? Game Masters are not always consistent or right about everything, but for further answers you could try CS forums. What you deem wrong, might be fun world pvp for others. Yes, even it's about slaughtering a level 10 NPC as 110, but you're not the guy who gets to make the rules what fun is allowed and what is not.
    "Unless Blizzard can punish you for something, you have done nothing wrong."
    i dont know, there is many things you can do i would call "wrong" that blizz cant punish you for
    like inviting a warlock to your raid, they come in set up a summoning portal, and healthstones, then you kick them cause you just needed them to help summon and make healthstones >_>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Only problem is it seems you had the gold to do this already. We don't know what the OP has.
    he said hes entilited to loot, hes carrying groups, and alot of stuff hes said (and many others in this post that im responding to) seem to have the gold to spend 8k...

its fine if enchanters want to do mythics for them, ive said that many times in this thread
    but what they should do is either, only DE stuff no one needs, or when they enter, warn everyone their going to DE anything they get, so the group isnt suddenly losing out on a bunch of options for loot
    They aren't losing on shit because Enchanters or not, they aren't entitled to anything and it's not their loot. Why aren't you complaining about people who got BoE epics in the world not giving them to the needy? Go on, try consistency for once.

as long as you arnt being a fucking prick, yes, so when you enter a group you should tell em "hey im gunna DE everything i get, so dont give me loot, or ask for loot, cause im just gunna DE it" that way the group, if they dont care, will let you in, but if they want to be a efficent group, making sure everyone gets gear they can use, arnt being suddenly scammed
    Ah, so warning people that their feeling of entitlement won't be satisfied by you is "being a fucking prick". And not sharing personal loot is "scamming people". *Meanwhile in the cuckoo land* Also, jsut for the lolz, try reporting someone for scamming for what you're crying about here (via a ticket, so a GM will respond to you) and report on the results here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Simply put: both loot systems are trash, because of people like the OP.

The old one was trash because assholes could need on stuff they didn't need, and were allowed to do so.

The current one is trash because assholes won't trade stuff they don't need.

Loot systems cannot account for human greed. There will always be 'that guy' that looks at you with your 805 ilvl bracers, and DEs 840 ones in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Simply put: both loot systems are trash, because of people like the OP.

The old one was trash because assholes could need on stuff they didn't need, and were allowed to do so.

The current one is trash because assholes won't trade stuff they don't need.

Loot systems cannot account for human greed. There will always be 'that guy' that looks at you with your 805 ilvl bracers, and DEs 840 ones in front of you.
    Needing something for materials is as valid need as anything else. But it's pointless to try to convince anyone, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    It's no different than if I had won a loot roll; Blizzard just decided to skip that step now and give people loot directly. So it *is* my loot. And I will do what I please with it.
    And if you joined a Mythic then that Leader can kick your ass out

And idiots whining about 1000g, omg, you can make that much in 5min or less.

7+ Year Old Account
    Needing something for materials is as valid need as anything else. But it's pointless to try to convince anyone, right?
    really... so let me guess you were one of the people who in dungeons clicked need on every item to get enchanting mats? you know, that was called a loot ninja from vanilla till wod, and would get you kicked out of everything
    also being a loot ninja was a offence, and could get you in trouble with blizzard, so as you stated earlier
    you are wrong, and were wrong because blizzard labled loot ninja-ing as a offence
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-10-02 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I can guarantee that those that think this is OK will be wetting their knickers when it happens to them. Is it really so hard to be a good player and help people in your group? I always trade loot I don't need, guess I was just raised correctly.

"I sell my loot to people all the time. Usually around 20k per item."

It's a lie when you say "all the time" when it was only to two people, even if I was to believe that.
    Yeah, you're right.
    Two times is not the same as all the time. It does work however.

15+ Year Old Account
    So many entitled people in this thread thinking they have every right to someone else personal loot. Pathetic.
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

I strongly disagree with op , i think im lucky to meet nice players so far at pugs who pretty much always give the loot if they dont need it and i also do the same , thats a great thing for the community , what if we all decided to vendor or de those items instead of giving them? that would make wow really antisocial and terrible , wow seems to follow a social way now with legion , its amazing how players help each other outdoor and on dungeons , lets not break that spirit , keep your liberal feelings for the real world , wow doesnt deserve that fate.

An argument can be made for enchanting since enchanters make most of their money from disenchants and basically dungeons are the source of their income except flippers ofc , in that case i would try to make a generous offer to the other guy , 1.5k is way too much for a chaos , i would most likely try to trade the item for like 600-800g maybe 500.... and i would also try to explain them why im doing this but still as an enchanter how often do you really loot an epic and you have to give it to someone? i believe everyone is pretty much geared at this point and alot of drops include versatility and none wants them , rarely you will be forced to make sacrifices , its better to support the community than getting like 800g , gold is meaningless right now when you can make 100k per day or even more.

You can always just hold the shit and de at the end. If they dont like now personsl loot works they can change the loot method.

really... so let me guess you were one of the people who in dungeons clicked need on every item to get enchanting mats? you know, that was called a loot ninja from vanilla till wod, and would get you kicked out of everything
    also being a loot ninja was a offence, and could get you in trouble with blizzard, so as you stated earlier
    you are wrong, and were wrong because blizzard labled loot ninja-ing as a offence
    Unless you was a rogue , rogues for some reason had the right to ninja loot because thats a trait of their class.