Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just to come back. Glad to see some people share the same boat with me and there is a good discussion going on. Think I'll stick with Legion at least until this 2 months of game time runs out.

Easily the most active, content-wise, expansion yet (gameplay sucks though ..), but it isn't hard to imagine that some people like the OP are just not findin' it thrillin'. But that's MMOs for you, always. You're doing the same thing over and over, forever.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all, in fact I was counting on getting bored by this month and was hoping it would make it easier to ease off the game abit (RL is starting to catch up on me). However it's been anything but boring. I've gotten 4 characters to 110 and 835+ gear for their mainspecs, and currently still choosing who to main. I'm not doing WQ everyday though, I get abit tired of doing em. I just work on profession quests, do some pvp, only just did a Mythic +1 for the first time (yes, I am casual), enjoyed the class campaign stuff, etc. There is alot of mixing up to do in this expansion, really.

Btw for those saying they "cant" do Mythics. Seriously, try the LFG tool. You'll see more reasonably requirements there (not always of course, but many times). People take dungeons way more seriously once you get into Mythics as well, so you're expected to know the fights, the mechanics, but on the plus side most groups are focused and also don't kick at the drop of a hat because they're just better players in general.

I think my transition from Heroics -> Mythics was one of the best decisions I made. I was alittle afraid at first (because I tried it on a healer character which is the role I'm least confident in), but honestly, best thing ever. Not every Mythic has been smooth sailing, but that's exactly what I'd want from dungeons from that level onwards. Since I don't raid anymore, I'm really enjoying the extra challenge, and better attitude (generally) of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    But World Quests are just getting repetitive after a while.
    Thought I'd finally be done with em, for the most part, after getting the 1000 World Quests done achievement... and then there's a follow up of doing 2500...

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    The person I quoted said: "how not bored we were with Vanilla and TBC for even years after release." I'm not 'misremembering' anything, you took my reply out of context (and misquoted me).
    Well, there is quite a lot of discussion in a thread, but for the record what I was saying is :
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Yeah, people did end up complaining they ran out of things to do in Vanilla and TBC... monthes after release. Certainly not weeks.
    I stand by it, and I'd add that on top of taking monthes to run out of content, it was if you didn't raid and had no alt.
    No expansion has ever come close to the amount of world content vanilla had (in addition to it being a brand new experience), so you can't realistically compare anything other than end game. It took me at least 3 months to reach level 60. Imagine if WoW had launched with only 5 zones, I doubt we'd even be here having this discussion.
    True, but it's not the amount, it's the design : TBC's size is comparable (if not smaller) than most following expansions, and yet TBC was in the same ballpark as Vanilla, taking monthes to run out of content.

Deleted
    Nah. I am good. Thankfully, I don't have this spoiled urge to get everything now and then cry when I can't progress further.

Considering there's little to grind you haven't already grinded in pre-BC over and over, yeah, getting a "bit" bored.

Deleted
    not at all. just got my alt to 110 & am still very much enjoying doing everything the game has to offer me so far.
    havnt done LFR yet on my main, although i could if i wished as she's 842 to see what its like, i just want to see how a 840+ holy priest, compares to an 840+ resto shammy when i get there.
    on the whole, really enjoying it so far.

Nope, not even close to being bored. Legion is an amazing expansion!

Kinda funny that no one was bored in MoP several months in it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    My only max level character (rogue) is at 830 ilvl and is struggling for gear upgrades. I rarely see anything on the WQ's, heroic dungeons are nearly pointless as the gear will be a side grade at best and I have zero chance of getting into mythics as all the people on my server are asking for 840+. All I do at the moment is log on, do the emissary quest and then log off.
    You're doing something wrong. I got my alt to 840+ in about a week without any mythics. It was only from about 5-6 heroics, class set, warforged gear, world quests and the increased ilvl of artifact weapons after the campaign. If you are at 830 you are definitely not even fully heroic geared.

But I am also getting bored and frustrated with the content. The raid is okay but I've cleared it twice this week and am already tired of doing the same dungeons 50 times over with different tuning and hoping for WQ RNG is not fun. Meanwhile, I'm falling behind because I am not getting lucky with RNG which decreases my will to do the repetitive content even further.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Not bored, if you don't expect to do the same thing over and over you probably shouldn't play a MMO.

One thing that irks me though is the gating of class hall and especially professions which makes leveling alts annoying (having to do specific dungeons).
    it's not about doing the same thing over and over(that is the core of an mmo), it's about the reward for almost all the content being irrelevant because of warforged/titanforged gear. so when you get a non titanforged item you just get disappointed because it could be even better.

Deleted
    Nope, playing my monk, equipping it on 2 specs, levelling my druid and shaman and still going stron.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Kinda funny that no one was bored in MoP several months in it...
    The difference being you could run around as a freaking panda, that never gets old.

I dunno what it is exactly, but I am getting a bit bored. I want to level more characters, but when I think about how long it took me to level my main, I don't want to. World Quests are boring and I often can't find the motivation to do them. Right now all I log on for is Brewfest to get some toys and pets I don't have yet.

I also have to say the gating on the order hall campaign quests is brutal. I expected it to go much more fluid, like one, long quest chain that you could just do whenever you wanted to. I'm losing motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I'm getting bored simply because I don't have a guild and DPS DKs apparently have a shit stigma behind them. I get declined to mythic normal and mythic+ runs like it's going out of style. I'm quite honestly fucking tired of it.
    DKs are crap for raids both on sims and on real logs (= low dps), but for dungeons, they're not so bad, so I dunno, I guess sheep mentality.

Now shadow priests... those are utter garbage for dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    it's not about doing the same thing over and over(that is the core of an mmo), it's about the reward for almost all the content being irrelevant because of warforged/titanforged gear. so when you get a non titanforged item you just get disappointed because it could be even better.
    That's pretty much the opposite of the facts. War/titanforging keeps content relevant for longer since there's a chance you might still get an upgrade there.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    That's pretty much the opposite of the facts. War/titanforging keeps content relevant for longer since there's a chance you might still get an upgrade there.
    And it makes it frustrating when you get the item you want, but it does not titanforge. This is not diablo where you can farm all day, you only have a limited change at receiving loot, and atm the amount of rng present in gearing is retarded, the argument "you might get an upgrade therefore it's relevant content" does not mean shit because you will get to the point where it's really unlikely you will get an upgrade, so the only thing titanforged does is slow the bis gearing process to the point where it's impossible to ever get bis.

I'm pretty bored with legion because they made a lot of classes that I really liked to play less fun. I'm also burned out on wow and will have more enthusiasm latter on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just finding myself doing the same thing over and over. World/Emissary quests are getting stale now, Dungeon farming is getting stale and Emerald Nightmare I'm honestly not enjoying as much as I'd hoped. Obviously I'm not speaking for everyone here but I'm really trying to enjoy Legion and well I just can't. I don't want to quit just yet because I at least want to give it more time since my game time doesn't expire for a while.
    Nope, not in the slightest. Still having tons of fun.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.