MM Barage vs Volley viability

With so much uncertainty floating around i just wanted to ask other people with experience what they say.

When i run mythic+ at around ilvl 850 i cant really see a big difference in favor of any alternative over the whole run.
    Yes, barrage has many situational advantages. But do they outway the drawbacks?

From just logical thinking if the damage is close to equal this would favour volley being ALOT easiser in many different aspects.

Drawbacks Barrage:

• Ninja pulls (no mather how good you are, this will happen every now and then)
    • Volley is easier to use (its toggle and forget)
    • It's not always possible to use barrage beacuse of environment

Advantages with Barrage:

• Burst
    • Cleave with spread targets
    • More fun rotation (not to be underestimated)

Interesting points aswell:

What's the observed difference in 1,2,3 etc targets in damage over time?

I would also assume different mythics would favor one over the other and vice versa.
    Last edited by Dreglorg; 2016-10-02 at 06:02 AM.

Volley doesn't generate bullseye stacks, being able to offset the 60 focus on demand is good too I feel like

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shanattah View Post
    Volley doesn't generate bullseye stacks, being able to offset the 60 focus on demand is good too I feel like
    this, Bullseye makes barrage so good. And we often have too much focus so like u said: being able to spend 60 focus on demand is a big plus.

In some mythic+ dungeons however, not ninjapulling is very important, and I dont think going volley for thrash in high mythic+ isnt a bad idea.

For Mythic+ I honestly prefer Volley. I will however use Barrage in DHT/BRH. Very easy to manage Barrage in them. Going from Barrage to Volley is not a huge downgrade for trash in Mythic+. So the 100% no "OOPSIE" pulls makes Volley great imo.

Deleted
    All those so-called drawbacks are just 'Learn to Play / Get good' issues. I've never had trouble with barrage ninja-pulling except for the Drakes over Fenrir one time. Just learn to position yourself better.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiite View Post
    All those so-called drawbacks are just 'Learn to Play / Get good' issues. I've never had trouble with barrage ninja-pulling except for the Drakes over Fenrir one time. Just learn to position yourself better.
    They for sure are things you can learn to play around, but doesnt stop friends and guildies and me included to occationally pull unwanted things in 6-7+

How can you not pull seagulls flying 50 yards over your head?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiite View Post

There are times where you just don't barrage. No matter how good you are at positioning. So its either that, or 100% uptime with Volley.