View Poll Results: DE Personal Loot in a PuG?

Voters
911. This poll is closed
  • It's *your* loot, DE it if you want

314 34.47%
  • You should always share loot if it's an upgrade for someone else

280 30.74%
  • It's your right to DE it and it's their right to kick you

317 34.80%
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Don't DE anything in the dungeon of course your going to upset someone if they can use it and you just shard it. Just tell them you need crit(or what ever it is) for your raid or arena matches even if its a downgrade.
    I really dislike the idea of lying to them. I shouldn't have to lie to be able to stay in a group and keep my own loot.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    This personal loot trading has created a whole toxic side of players...
    This is the most accurate thing I've read today. A ton of people are acting as if your ability to trade these items to them means you are required to, regardless of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by CParker1987 View Post
    It's your loot... who cares what they think. The dungeons wont be going anywhere any time soon so just get another group and move out.
    And if you are one of millions of dps players wait for 30+min to get another group.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    This is the most accurate thing I've read today. A ton of people are acting as if your ability to trade these items to them means you are required to, regardless of your choice.
    Basically this whole thread. "Well you could trade it so you should trade it" "Wow you shard it, how terrible a person you are"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    And if you are one of millions of dps players wait for 30+min to get another group.
    Oh I am a healer... I don't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    I am willing to bet they asked (not told you to hand it over) for the piece of gear after you said it wasn't an upgrade and you DEed it. But for the story and good ol shit posting you made it seem like they were the bad guys.
    asked or demanding it doesn't matter when the conclusion is to kick the person because they didn't get their way.

Quote Originally Posted by truulte View Post
    Do you offer up any drops you don't need as an upgrade to enchanters to DE?
    That's a terrible argument, and u know it.
    Really? Basically Its the same.

Its like:
    "Is the 900G Shard more worth for the Enchanter than the 5-10Ilvl Item Upgrade for another?"

"Is the 30G Vendor Trash mor worth for the Player than the 900G Shard for the Enchanterr?"

This way Around you can even more clearly say because the worth can in both times valued in Gold directly:
    The Item you dont need is far better of with the Enchanter and is put to better use then Vendoring. And you just selling it to a NPC is beeing selfisch. You Should just give the stuff you dont need to the Enchanter for Disenchanting.

Of course, nobody would want to give up their VendorTrash so some other guy can Improve their gear with an Enchant, because they can buy the stuff on the AuctionHouse.
    Well, you can Also buy Gear on the Auction house.
    But narrowminded people see only the side they get benefits. -> Free Gear

That is pretty fucking rude tbh.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post

That isnt created by personal loot, that trait was in those douchebags already

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Really? Basically Its the same.

Its like:
    "Is the 900G Shard more worth for the Enchanter than the 5-10Ilvl Item Upgrade for another?"

"Is the 30G Vendor Trash mor worth for the Player than the 900G Shard for the Enchanterr?"

This way Around you can even more clearly say because the worth can in both times valued in Gold directly:
    The Item you dont need is far better of with the Enchanter and is put to better use then Vendoring. And you just selling it to a NPC is beeing selfisch. You Should just give the stuff you dont need to the Enchanter for Disenchanting.

Of course, nobody would want to give up their VendorTrash so some other guy can Improve their gear with an Enchant, because they can buy the stuff on the AuctionHouse.
    Well, you can Also buy Gear on the Auction house.
    But narrowminded people see only the side they get benefits. -> Free Gear
    So much this. I'm glad I'm not the only one throwing up the bullshit flag at such a glaring double standard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    That is pretty fucking rude tbh.
    What is? Way to fence sit with that comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone has a different view of these kind of things.

I for instance would have offered a trade to the guy since the loot he got was not an "upgrade" then i would trade my loot for the one he got. I get my enchanting materials. Fair trade i would say. Not everything can be handle for free just because someone needed it more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Depending on how I feel, I may announce to the group if anyone wants this item and just pass it to whoever needs it; however I will not trade it to anyone who is not polite about it. I am giving you a piece of gear and you can't even say please? Even if I have already said who wants it, if you just go "Me" or "Yes", I won't even bother.

In terms of the whole DE the item, what was the rush to DE it? I usually just wait til the dungeon is over and then DE anything I got that I don't need. I wouldn't say it was a good reason to kick you mind, id just be a bit annoyed if I were the person who could have used the piece, but it will drop again another time so why cry.

Thats just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameasun View Post
    I used to freely give stuff away at the start of the expansion, but the few pugs I've been running with lately have so drastically dropped in quality I just don't bother anymore. If people pull less damage in 850 than others did at 820 three weeks earlier, they're simply not trying. Not to mention all the mechanical fails.

Also, if someone is using that awful PersonalLoot addon that immediately broadcasts all drops that can be traded I'm temporarily unable to read the chat, no matter how much people whisper me. If someone gets a drop it is their choice to offer it to others. Having someone immediately run up and yell "You gonna wear that?! Can I have it?! Hey, did you read my whisper?! Hey! Hey!" is the #1 way to turn me into an antisocial asshole in any pug. I have zero patience for this shit.
    Thats because you are an antisocial asshole by default then. Not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    They where the bad guys, needy as fuck is what they where

The fact that 70% is answering the poll thinking others have a right to the loot just shows why we have a shit community in this game.
    It's funny how opinions go. I would submit that a stronger community shares and that a poopy community would be more selfish. In my experience, a poopy community is one where no one talks to each other, everyone hordes their own loot, whether they can use it or not or regardless of how much someone else needs it.

So in these stronger, healthy communities, when you see people selfishly trashing gear that would be an upgrade to you, the natural response would be to kick them from your group before they can be a cancer to your stronger, healthy community.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    As the title says, I was just kicked from a mythic dungeon group for disenchanting a piece of loot I got from personal loot. I disenchanted the item, then one of the guys told me to give it to him, but it was obviously already gone. They then proceeded to boot me from the group and call me a moron.

I understand lootsharing and it's been great for me for gearing up within guild groups... but outside of that, in group finder pugs? Personal loot should be exactly that: Personal. If I choose to vendor it, that's my choice, and if I want to give it up to someone else, that's my decision. But being held hostage for my own loot is absurd--especially as an enchanter. Where are my enchanting mats supposed to come from?

What do you guys think? Am I being a heartless bastard or is this kind of entitlement going to be commonplace going forward?
    Put yourself in their shoes. You are in a dungeon and an item you really need drops. The other person clearly doesn't need it, but because he knows someone else might, he proceeds to instantly DE it because he'd rather have the shard than make someone else happy. Don't think for a second that that wouldn't upset you just a little. Some people more than others hence why you were kicked.

Honestly though, if a group really wants to loot share then establish that prior to running with random people. I'm the guild enchanter so I desperately need mats. As such, if I plan on quickly DE'ing my loot then I don't expect anyone to trade with me. If there is something I might want from the dungeon then I will hold on to the loot till the end so everything feels fair should I choose to trade. Rush DE'ing at times can make you look like a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by aeluna View Post
    Put yourself in their shoes. You are in a dungeon and an item you really need drops. The other person clearly doesn't need it, but because he knows someone else might, he proceeds to instantly DE it because he'd rather have the shard than make someone else happy. Don't think for a second that that wouldn't upset you just a little. Some people more than others hence why you were kicked.

Honestly though, if a group really wants to loot share then establish that prior to running with random people. I'm the guild enchanter so I desperately need mats. As such, if I plan on quickly DE'ing my loot then I don't expect anyone to trade with me. If there is something I might want from the dungeon then I will hold on to the loot till the end so everything feels fair should I choose to trade. Rush DE'ing at times can make you look like a dick.
    It is his loot.

If he is kind, he will give it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    asked or demanding it doesn't matter when the conclusion is to kick the person because they didn't get their way.
    It was more, kicking the player because that one player didn't want to play as a team player. So yes, in a round about way you are right, "their way" was for everyone to play nice and share loot you don't need if it's an upgrade. But it's less about "we want our way" and more about "we want to play with players who play like us".

Option 3. I always offer unneeded PL items to the group before vendoring or disenchanting, but I consider that common courtesy rather than an absolute rule. Likewise, I ask to be traded loot that's an upgrade for me if I see it, but I don't expect the other player to hand it over (though I reserve the right to think slightly less of you if you don't, and I know you're only vendoring/DE'ing it). In your position, I would not have DE'ed the item without offering it around; in theirs, I probably wouldn't have kicked you unless you'd consistently been a dick throughout the run on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    It is his loot.

If he is kind, he will give it to you.
    And it's their group. And if they want they'll continue running with the guy who's disenchating what would be upgrades.

Neither is wrong, we just happen to have a hypocritical OP who is mad that other people exercised their free choice when he exercised his. Why does one have to be wrong. Why did the OP even have to make this thread? Why couldn't the OP realize, he did what he wanted, then they did what they wanted, and just get on with his life?

Quote Originally Posted by aeluna View Post

The person isn't DEing simply because someone else in the group needs the item. They are DEing the item because the drop is theirs and they want the shard. :|