View Poll Results: DE Personal Loot in a PuG?

Voters
911. This poll is closed
  • It's *your* loot, DE it if you want

314 34.47%
  • You should always share loot if it's an upgrade for someone else

280 30.74%
  • It's your right to DE it and it's their right to kick you

317 34.80%
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Make your own groups."
    "Join a guild."
    "Make friends and run with them."

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    "Make your own groups."
    "Join a guild."
    "Make friends and run with them."

New sig...

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    It could be an upgrade for you but if you don't hand it over because the other players tell you to welcome to kicksville.
    If it's an upgrade in terms of ilvl then you can't even trade it. If it's the same ilvl or lower (so now you can trade it) but it's still an upgrade, you can just tell people that.

I have yet to see this epidemic of people getting booted because they got an upgrade but somebody else wants it.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-10-02 at 05:36 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Yeah... people lacking manners, never greeting or saying anything at all... until something they want has dropped, and then they start harassing the person for it... real sense of being social, that!
    Also this. Says nothing the entire dungeon. Immediate spams trade requests and whispers for you to trade the loot you don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Sure he is. We aren't talking about Group Finder here, we are talking about Mythics. There's no "kick" function needed. The leader can just remove you. So that's the thing with building a group yourself instead of using the tool to group you with randoms. You get to "choose" who to run with. Seems crazy, but yeah, if you don't act in a way that benefits the group, less groups will be encouraged to play with you.

Some call it karma...but I just see it as a common sense type thing.

"I joined a group but played in a way that showed them I really couldn't care less about them...then they didn't want to play with me...WAAAAAAAA!!!"
    Since we aren't in LFG then the group leader needs to make the rules apparent before hand. In this case the rule was if you don't give loot to who I tell you to you get kicked. Where do you draw the line between what is and isn't acceptable behavior. If the group lead wanted a drop for transmog should OP be forced to hand it over? What if OP was planning on use the item because it was a slight upgrade, should they have to give it over to someone who it was a larger upgrade for?

At worst as presented OP had bad social skills and the group lead is a complete asshole for trying to control what someone does with their own loot.

If you plan on kicking people who don't share drops, let that be known ahead of time.
    If you expect loot sharing for the greater good then the greater good is also served by feeding DE mats to an enchanter if they are in the group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    If it's an upgrade in terms of ilvl then you can't even trade it. If it's the same ilvl or lower (so now you can trade it) but it's still an upgrade, you can just tell people that.

I have yet to see this epidemic of people getting booted because they got an upgrade but somebody else wants it.
    Lower iLvl items can still be massive upgrades. I was rocking an 850 haste versatility item. A 840 item with crit is a massive upgrade but people view it as a downgrade cause ZOMG iLvl!

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I think no broadcast is the most awesome solution. So much loot harrassment could be avoided.
    Sadly, I read about "No Broadcast", people would constantly Bitch about "No Drops".
    Problem is, no matter what you do. With a Playerbase this big. There is always a rather large crowd going to find stuff to Bitch and harrass abut.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    Any bitching little ninny who thinks he's entitled to my loot whether I use it, vendor it or wipe my ass with it, can go fuck themselves. If you think you can demand it, I'm more likely to throw it away just to spite you.
    Amen to THIS!

Since we aren't in LFG then the group leader needs to make the rules apparent before hand. In this case the rule was if you don't give loot to who I tell you to you get kicked. Where do you draw the line between what is and isn't acceptable behavior. If the group lead wanted a drop for transmog should OP be forced to hand it over? What if OP was planning on use the item because it was a slight upgrade, should they have to give it over to someone who it was a larger upgrade for?

At worst as presented OP had bad social skills and the group lead is a complete asshole for trying to control what someone does with their own loot.

If you plan on kicking people who don't share drops, let that be known ahead of time.
    If you expect loot sharing for the greater good then the greater good is also served by feeding DE mats to an enchanter if they are in the group.
    meh. You only need to make rules before hand if you are planning on getting Blizz intervention for someone breaking the rule. Otherwise, it's fair gameplay to run with whoever you want to and to stop running with them when they show you they choose to play contrary to how you and the others want to play.

We don't need to introduce lawyers to the game to draft lengthy "Rules of Dungeon Decorum" that everyone signs before starting the run. That's nonsensical. If you want people to play with you, just act like you got some sense - or stay in group finder and run heroics.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Calling other people entitled, but feeling entitled to dungeon groups regardless of how you behave.
    You are literally saying I can't do what I want with my own stuff without checking with others first. That completely defeats the purpose of personal loot.

Your choice, their choice to remove you. Crying about being kicked, and seeking validation, is childish
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

You are literally saying I can't do what I want with my own stuff without checking with others first. That completely defeats the purpose of personal loot.
    1) No it doesn't. and 2) They aren't saying you can't do what you want with your loot.

They are saying, "If you want to run with me, I expect you to share loot that is not an upgrade for you". meaning, before you DE or trash an item, see if it's an upgrade for anyone else. You can do whatever you want with your personal loot. No one is denying that. They are only saying your personal choices may limit your choices of who you can play with.

~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    The enchanter 'needs' the item just as much as the other player/s do.

People need to talk more to each other, and agree to some rules for the group each run if it bothers them this much.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    A person could say the same thing about someone that DE's their gear over giving it to someone who needs it. See the point I was trying to make now?
    No, they couldn't actually. I mean, anyone can say anything they want, but in this case they would be incorrect.

meh. You only need to make rules before hand if you are planning on getting Blizz intervention for someone breaking the rule. Otherwise, it's fair gameplay to run with whoever you want to and to stop running with them when they show you they choose to play contrary to how you and the others want to play.

We don't need to introduce lawyers to the game to draft lengthy "Rules of Dungeon Decorum" that everyone signs before starting the run. That's nonsensical. If you want people to play with you, just act like you got some sense - or stay in group finder and run heroics.
    But how do I know what you consider bad gameplay? I would never waste my time joining a group that would kick me if I didn't let them dictate where personal loot goes. How can you expect people to comply with your standards of game play without letting them know those standards?

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I see nothing wrong with vendoring, disenchanting or keeping the item for transmog. I don't care if it's an upgrade for the other person. If you get nothing in return then there is no reason to do the stranger a favor.
    "If you get nothing in return then there is no reason to do the stranger a favor."

Asshole response of the year, right here folks.

Look, I know that people aren't obligated to give anyone anything, I'm not that oblivious to it... but there's a thing called common courtesy. If I'm in a pug literally every time I get something I don't need, I'll link it in chat, most of time people don't need it, but it's still the nice thing to do.

That said though, if the player was "demanding" the item, like the OP insinuated, then I'd have disenchanted the item as well. But until we have both sides of the story, it's all hearsay.

Regardless, MrKnubbles is definitely an asshole I would not want to run with, regardless because that type of attitude is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Right...

How's this for reasoning - I'd kick the OP because I didn't like what he was doing and didn't want him in the group. I rarely actually kick people (usually offliners), but this is one of the few circumstances that i'd actually consider it, even if it was for another players loot. I get that he can do what he wants, I just think it's a total dick move; My opinion isn't going to move on this one. If someone punched me in the face i'd want to punch them back.

Question; If the OP did in fact somehow have an 890 BiS chest and an 880 dropped, would you still stand by his decision to DE it?
    So you're a self admitted asshole. Okay. Your reason is acceptable because blizzard allows kicking for any reason, but it is not valid. No where is sharing loot a requirement of grouping for dungeons. You are only making it one after the fact.

If he had an 890 chest and DE'd it, I'd be mad at him, but I wouldn't kick him. The only people I ever kick are those that are either completely afk/leeching, or not online for at least a good 5 minutes. I've made the group go on and 4 man a boss while waiting for someone to get back online. We can't control our ISPs, and we should treat each other with more respect towards things out of our control.

It is so disgusting though that you can't see that the real selfish and greedy person is the one asking for something that was never theirs to begin with, and then getting mad when they don't get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Just like he had the ability to DE it. For reasons
    No, he has he right to DE it, because it belonged to him. Just like I have the right to throw food away in front of homeless people, even if it make me look like an ass. They do not have the right to demand I give them that food.

But how do I know what you consider bad gameplay? I would never waste my time joining a group that would kick me if I didn't let them dictate where personal loot goes. How can you expect people to comply with your standards of game play without letting them know those standards?
    You will know what they consider bad gameplay when you do something then the leader removes you from group. I dunno, seems pretty straight forward to me.

"how was I supposed to know you guys didn't like me kicking your shins?"

Most scenarios in life can be answered with, "act like you got some sense".

And if the OP didn't know before, he knows now. Some folks don't like people DE'ing gear that others can use as an upgrade. So now it's up to the OP to announce his intentions before hand knowing that there are people like that out there. Then the OP won't have to get his feelings hurt if they kick him mid-run. He can get his feelings hurt when they don't invite him to group.

~ Daryl Davis

15+ Year Old Account
    Fun part about Mythics is that you can't burn your bridges as easily as you can in Normals/Heroics.

You want to be an asshole, you won't get reinvited and your name'll get around. Have fun beyond that part.

It was more, kicking the player because that one player didn't want to play as a team player. So yes, in a round about way you are right, "their way" was for everyone to play nice and share loot you don't need if it's an upgrade. But it's less about "we want our way" and more about "we want to play with players who play like us".
    I wouldn't call a group of ppl you will most likely never see again a team. And perhaps these ppl should set rules in their LFG notes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Fun part about Mythics is that you can't burn your bridges as easily as you can in Normals/Heroics.

You want to be an asshole, you won't get reinvited and your name'll get around. Have fun beyond that part.
    I doubt it will get around. In fact its one of the reasons ppl complain about LFD. People can be asses and easily get into the next group.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I wouldn't call a group of ppl you will most likely never see again a team. And perhaps these ppl should set rules in their LFG notes.
    Perhaps this, perhaps that...sure sure. Perhaps 5 millions other things would have been better. Perhaps the OP could have stated his intentions up front. Lots of things could have happened.

The bottom line is that choices were made on both sides and none was wrong, up to the point of going to an online forums thread to complain about people making a choice because they didn't like your choice.

~ Daryl Davis