Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Holy lacks survival cds compared to other healers

I logged with my pala and druid and i notice that these healers have much more survival cds than we do and they can heal easier and more frequently on the move , as a priest i have literally nothing to use on the move except renew..... and serenity but serenity is really big cd , they have wards , divine shields , a lot of instant healing , pala has 2cds plus more health , im speechless , as a priest i have nothing but guardian and guardian is not even close to the level of divine shield when used on self, im not really sure how to help my team when i have to run , i cant even help myself.

Why does everyone want the exact same fucking thing for every class?? You have your strengths and weaknesses, as do they. I play a holy priest..and you know what...I have yet to be outhealed on any EN fight.

If you are worried about HAVING to help your team when moving, then the other healers that CAN do more while moving, are not doing enough. Holy priests right now are fine overall, please for the love of god, stop wanting every single class to be exactly the same in output/CDs/movement, etc. They aren't and shouldn't be. Every class has strengths and weaknesses..play to your strengths, and everyone does that, you will win everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Why does everyone want the exact same fucking thing for every class?? You have your strengths and weaknesses, as do they. I play a holy priest..and you know what...I have yet to be outhealed on any EN fight.

If you are worried about HAVING to help your team when moving, then the other healers that CAN do more while moving, are not doing enough. Holy priests right now are fine overall, please for the love of god, stop wanting every single class to be exactly the same in output/CDs/movement, etc. They aren't and shouldn't be. Every class has strengths and weaknesses..play to your strengths, and everyone does that, you will win everytime.
    As a holy priest, how do you survive HOV trash or BRH final boss shadowbolt volley at Mythic+7 or higher?

you really think someone with a reply like that has even done mythic+7?

I'm in the holy is fine camp playing at a lower level, but do see why it was not taken in any top 10 guild this progression (hint: the hps wasn't the problem).

Does shadow bolt volley doo damage to people not standing in the path on mythic+7?

Personal responsibility and proper use of each classes defensive cds is my answer
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

A 100% of versatility makes wonders xDD

Out of jokes, is true that could be difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    Does shadow bolt volley doo damage to people not standing in the path on mythic+7?

Personal responsibility and proper use of each classes defensive cds is my answer
    he's not talking about the laser. Shadow bolt is the unavoidable aoe the boss does periodically. Specifically, the only dangerous part is when he casts it for the first time right before you get the damage/healing/health buff.

And then secondly, the OP is complaining that holy does not have said defensive cds that you think must be used so properly.

Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    he's not talking about the laser. Shadow bolt is the unavoidable aoe the boss does periodically. Specifically, the only dangerous part is when he casts it for the first time right before you get the damage/healing/health buff.

And then secondly, the OP is complaining that holy does not have said defensive cds that you think must be used so properly.
    I was talking about the other group members using their cds. Ie. Dispersion.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

OP is right.

Having cloth is a pretty big disadvantage, there is lots of mechanics that are Physical damage.

Not having the output cooldowns or defensive cooldowns (personal and group) to survive certain things.

Halls of Valor is near impossible to heal as a Holy Priest when pushing keystones.

I have done on time hov +4 with 2 chests and i have also done neltharion's +7 but not on time even though it was very close , im not complaining about hps at all , ibelieve our hps are fine and yes on fights with a lot of damage we can top the meters , the problem is that we are really defenseless and squishy when we have to move and generally we are sqhishy , i see other priests dieing too on logs , i have a lot of trouble on en heroic where most of the fights require movement and its not like a dungeon where your spirit can usually handle the rest of the fight if you die , dieing on a raid is terrible for your team.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2016-10-02 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Done mythic 10 with no issues. Pretty geared though. I wish they reverted the focused will passive, that was honestly good enough. Holy does deserve a personal defensive that isnt desperate prayer.

Deleted
    I find it pretty dumb that we even have to choose between a meh survival cooldown and a meh movement ability. And choosing one completely prevents us from having the other while other healers just have both as baseline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    I find it pretty dumb that we even have to choose between a meh survival cooldown and a meh movement ability. And choosing one completely prevents us from having the other while other healers just have both as baseline.
    This is exactly my problem.We are starting Mythic today and from my HC experience...anything that may touch us is a certain Death. We lack the mobility or a decent personal cd. At least remove Desperate Prayer from the feather tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rfx View Post
    Done mythic 10 with no issues. Pretty geared though. I wish they reverted the focused will passive, that was honestly good enough. Holy does deserve a personal defensive that isnt desperate prayer.
    Yeah, really don't understand how focused will went from any damage taken to melee hits only because holy was so good the entirety of wod.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PeopleReady View Post
    As a holy priest, how do you survive HOV trash or BRH final boss shadowbolt volley at Mythic+7 or higher?
    Pretty easy.

Keep renew on everyone, Keep mending up. Use Binding Heal & circle of healing. Then spam Holy word and prayer of healing.

I know it comes as a shock, but players are allowed to think outside the box and swap talents around, even if icyveins says other wise.

- 872 holy priest
    Last edited by Grimbolt; 2016-10-03 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    Pretty easy.

Keep renew on everyone, Keep mending up. Use Binding Heal & circle of healing. Then spam Holy word and prayer of healing.

I know it comes as a shock, but players are allowed to think outside the box and swap talents around, even if icyveins says other wise.

- 872 holy priest
    Did +9 and Xavius has an actual one shot mechanic for cloth. How do you swing that one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PeopleReady View Post
    Did +9 and Xavius has an actual one shot mechanic for cloth. How do you swing that one?
    Have better equip I guess. Although I can't really accept this answer myself since other healers don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    Have better equip I guess. Although I can't really accept this answer myself since other healers don't need it.

I'm at 860 ilvl, lol

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Why does everyone want the exact same fucking thing for every class??
    stop wanting every single class to be exactly the same in output/CDs/movement, etc. They aren't and shouldn't be.
    Except Blizzard is kinda already designing every class to have similar basic cooldowns.

Notice how every class has some kind of speed boost, and every class has a heal now?

We're not wanting every single class to have the same exact abilities 100%, just "necessity" cooldowns like speed boosts and survival cooldowns.

Every other class has a self-survival CD. Holy/Disc don't, you have to spec into it and lose your speed boost in the process.

Not having a personal damage reduction CD drastically increased the skill cap for higher level mythic+'s and to a lesser extent raids. Positioning becomes that more important such as staying out of LOS of the trash mobs but still in LOS of the tank/group but even this is only a temporary strategy because invariably you will have to pop out to heal the melee which becomes complete luck if you get killed or not. Looking at you barraging archers!

I've had the use Guardian Spirt to survive the shadow bolt volley from the final boss of DHT +9, I highly doubt this was the intended use of Guardian Spirit.