Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's a dispel deterrent guys. UA itself is not OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cainium View Post
    Directly after the hotfix I posted on the lock forums that one day a guy will appear who still kills himself with UA dispell and opens a thread about it.... well, i guess i should buy a crystal ball and a turban...

So, with these threads still appearing i see the next nerf coming. 25% of locks max HP? Next "one-shot thread" 10%? And in 7.1 removed entirely 'cause "we can't balance it. It's always OP due to some players don't want to pay attention to a lock 'cause they think locks don't do damage anyway and we want everyone to have fun in arenas".

I remember times where UA wasn't a spender, and dispelling it was baically always 50% of HP or more, with one cast, no stacking mechanic and no ramp up time. And now... it's a shadow of his former "dispel protection", and people still complain about it.
    nah, if they wanted to make UA more noob friendly, they could just have it make the target immune to dispells

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    And this is why nobody likes warlocks in PvP, not so much that UA dmg is pretty damn high (50-75% of a players health is too high) but the warlock players reaction to it.
    Hate to break it to you but every class responds the same way to these thinly veiled nerf threads.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Hate to break it to you but every class responds the same way to these thinly veiled nerf threads.
    Except Shamans, they create these threads before you can even do so. Look at the Rehgar thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    Last time I checked most classes don't do nearly that much damage in a single spell. UA honestly needs a slight nerf, that's just ridiculous.
    It's not one spell though, people have been repeating that in this thread. It's a stacking debuff they apply and the only way to get it to that much damage is to get a ton of stacks out which is a lot of casts, which would drop off by themselves quite quickly if the lock wasn't allowed to drain life to refresh them. It probably took that lock 10+ seconds at least to set up that damage. Plenty of classes are capable of dealing much more damage in the space of 10 seconds.

Deleted
    I wish my VT could instagib healers/

Don't dispell? Locks dots hit like wet noodles and are hardly noticable. Let the UA run and outheal easily the afflilock.
    I honestly do not think they diserve more nerfs. You can beat a dead horse just so many times..

Deleted
    Everyone hates warlock players

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    nah, if they wanted to make UA more noob friendly, they could just have it make the target immune to dispells
    That would make it easier for the lock, and doing good things to locks is a no-go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    Last time I checked most classes don't do nearly that much damage in a single spell. UA honestly needs a slight nerf, that's just ridiculous.
    If UA was to get nerfed, affliction wouldn't be viable for basically anything in this game.

They'd have to massively increase our standard dot damage, and that would probably cause more complaining simply because that means now affliction and healer comp can put more pressure without the ramp up time passively, allowing the warlock to also focus more on survival.

Also a simple way of putting this, don't dispell our mechanic that only hits like a truck if you dispell it. It's ticking damage even when stacked can be healed through, assuming your team was bad enough to allow more than 5 stacks of UA to be hardcasted?

Quote Originally Posted by Baleful-Bal View Post
    If UA was to get nerfed, affliction wouldn't be viable for basically anything in this game.

They'd have to massively increase our standard dot damage, and that would probably cause more complaining simply because that means now affliction and healer comp can put more pressure without the ramp up time passively, allowing the warlock to also focus more on survival.

Also a simple way of putting this, don't dispell our mechanic that only hits like a truck if you dispell it. It's ticking damage even when stacked can be healed through, assuming your team was bad enough to allow more than 5 stacks of UA to be hardcasted?
    People don't actually understand what you just said .. Blizzard test it a couple of expansions ago .. I recall was playing then and it was quickly reverted because a full line of DoTs meant death unless healed ...

The current way its designed is the best it has been for a long time ..

People trust me you do not want the damage moved from stacks to sustained ..

Quote Originally Posted by Pereqt View Post
    Everyone hates warlock players
    Everybody hates most classes. I think the only class "everybody" doesn't hate is priests, who tend to hate themselves enough for it to even out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nlvez View Post
    I understand how the spell works, and i know you need to not dispel it. And not asking for a nerf, was just wondering if this was right since there's been an hotfix.

Also besides that, the lock only got 1 UA off. i died within 20 seconds of the match starting
    HAHAHAHAHA...no. (See below). Your lie has been exposed, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    x1 UA does not backlash for 1.7M!!!

50% lock hp is about 1.7M so he got backlash-ed for max ... Lets say x1 UA does 250k damage before any mitigation (for easy math) .. UA when dispelled does 120% of REMAINING damage .. Again make things simple assume full damage .. So how many casts of UA would it require to yield a backlash of 1.7M?

If my math is correct (please correct me if I'm wrong) it would need a remaining damage balance of 1.360.000 for a back lash of 1.7M .. right?

If so that would mean the lock was able to cast +6 UA's on the target AND maintaining Drain Life the ENTIRE time FREE-CASTING ...

Ok so how much time of uninterrupted free attack time is that on a target?

x6 UA casts are about (6 x 1.2 so say 7sec) requiring 6 shards (x3 of which are available at start so x3 more shards) Drain Life is about 4.x sec channel ... While the x6 stacks of UA should have never been allowed to stack that high in the first place, the lock was allowed to cast Agony and keep it up (which generated the shards over about +30sec) as well as refresh all stacks of UA via casting Drain Life freely ..

Had they simply avoided the refresh mechanic for a few seconds the stacks would have fallen off by them selves and the lock would have ZERO shards and pretty much no damage ..

Alright we've kind of established free casting DPS time at around the 15sec mark after a ramp up of about 30sec .. Lets compare that ramp up time and burst window with other DPS builds?

I am no expert here and ask others jump in but looking at official Blizz posts they (Blizz) are happy with +8xx - +9xx burst with some seconds ramp up .. As I play WW Ill share that:

Touch of Death (Instant) / Serenity over 8sec yields near 1 shot .. All that while being stun locked .. Many builds are able to ramp up over a few seconds and pumping out +8xx - +9xx ..

Moral of the story .. ramp up then unload uninterrupted is YOUR fault ..

I will flay your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: Bads who don't watch debuffs die because they're bad, then complain that they died.

UA doesn't do burst damage if you don't dispel it. UA also doesn't really do any damage if you're playing properly and sitting the lock so he can't stack it up.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    This thread is full of kind helpful people

Your everyday avg pvp player - "I hate locks because I have no idea how they work and when I somehow die to a lock they are op because it definitely wasn't my fault. Since locks didn't get another nerf it must be time to reroll to the FOTM because my class sucks and that's why I'm always losing".

So i was playing some skirmishes as healer, just casually dispelled my teammate and instantly died...

After reading the hotfix 30 sept, i got kinda confused. Is this (still) a bug or actually legit?

puu.sh/rv2B6/57800d7106.jpg (sorry for not posting the picture, i can't do that yet)
    I am sorry that I do not have something to contribute to your problem. But could you please tell me which textures/addons and font you are using for your UI? I would totally appreciate it mate.

Backlash can crit which I did not calculate in my post and need help math wise please ...

Assuming a crit and a UA 250k dmg, what damage amount needs to be on the target for a backlash-crit of 1.7M?

I'll give it a try but I am not sure of crit modifier .. I'm assuming 150% and backlash then adds a 120% to that .. Or is it 120% then add a 150% to that? Or its the same either way calculated?

x1 UA (250k) would backlash for 300k if that crits it would be 450k
    x2 UA (500k) would backlash for 600k if that crits it would be 900k
    x3 UA (750k) would backlash for 900k if that crits it would be 1,350,000

So assuming my math is correct the lock got off x3 UA's which can be done in the very first few seconds of the match seeing how locks open with x3 Shards. Affliction crit rate inside arena is about +17% (+/- 3%) with the new templates so its not in the realm of the far fetched for that to occur.

Again please take my calculations with a grain of salt as I made many assumptions and if any of them are wrong that can change the outcome ..

Thanks

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best part of UA in Arena as a WW Monk, Is I wait until I am fully dotted up, use Diffuse Magic and watch the Locks Healer accidentally blow up his own lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dispelled an fear on a teammate, wasn't my intention to just dispel the UA
    That's why you don't use a dispel when your ally has lots of stacks of UA
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.