Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The problem with guaranteed goals is that some people see they have to farm X amount of Y and feel they must farm for it every single day. While with RNG everyone has a point were s/he looks at the chances and says "fuck it I'm only farming it when I'm in the mood".

I liked the Cata model of valor points best. You could cap it with 7 dungeons but it didn't matter when you did them. IMO better then giving a daily bonus for the first dungeon.

I think they should add a new forge/npc, call it something like... Ley Forge or whatever, make it work like Obliterum but only with soulbound items that you get in WQ, dungeons and raids, that way if you are unlucky with your drops you can just "disenchant" them in this forge and when you get 100 whatever ashes you can create an item that increases the itemlvl of any item by 5 or something, except profession items (they have obliterum), this way you can actualy work towards a goal, because...here is the thing.....

Right now the BiS gear is not from raiding...at least not the majority of items, even when Nighthold its released, there are BiS items from dungeons, because every item in dungeons can upgrade up to the actual maximum (895) so for someone to have the BiS of, for example, a relic for his artifact, he has to farm endlessly one specific dungeon in heroic/mythic and all that, hoping first for the chance of getting one item and then the chance of upgrading that item up to 895, I mean, its pure madness.

When they added the warforge thing in raiding it was really good because before that you just looted your BiS and you didnt care anymore about the boss anymore, with warforge you actualy had interest in continuing killing the boss because it could drop the same item but a litte better, now EVERYTHING can get an upgrade AND the size of the upgrade its ridiculous, for example items that can drop from 840 to 895 (in increases of 5)

They need to add something that allows you to have goals in the game, because right now you just dont have goals, you do things and hope for an upgrade...

And about the professions...I don't know how some of them work, but I'm alchemy and Im at 780 I think...nothing gives me +skill, everything is gray, so I have to mass produce flasks (they are not fast to farm at all) hoping for the rank 3 pattern so I can max the profession...I mean...what the fuck? give me a 100% drop from a raid boss, or a recipe from a reputation vendor, but this is just crazy.

I'm LOVING this expansion so far, but I'm beginning to hear more and more complains about the RNG, and its absolutely true, I hope Blizzard adds something in 7.1-7.2 to fix this

No matter what they do, someone will always be unhappy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I love Legion. Great expansion overall. But I think Blizzard needs to fix some of the end game RNG before people start quitting.

• Leveling professions with quests and doing dailies... great! Then you hit the RNG brickwall of discovering the 3rd star rank.

• Gearing up then you hit an RNG wall with getting a legendary.

• A lot of the hidden artifact skins are total RNG.
    It's not even the skins or artifacts. So far I've done maybe 50 dungeons (that's like ~250 bosses) of all difficulties on two toons. Got maybe 3 pieces of gear that were actually useful. Most of the time there's nothing; not even artifact power.

The game becomes very unrewarding once you have finished your class quests. Unless you happen to be crazy about raiding.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2016-10-03 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Legion. Great expansion overall. But I think Blizzard needs to fix some of the end game RNG before people start quitting.

• Leveling professions with quests and doing dailies... great! Then you hit the RNG brickwall of discovering the 3rd star rank.

You're going through the entire initial leveling experience at a nice pace. Great progression rhythm in everything. All of a sudden you hit that point at end game where 1) can't get a legendary because its total RNG, 2) can't get that extra artifact skin because it's total RNG, 3) no profession progression until you get WQ spawns/discoveries.

While the profession stuff doesn't seem like a major deal. Not getting a legendary is pretty shit. Also the fact that some hidden artifact skins have huge grinds after unlocking it makes the initial RNG extremely frustrating. You could do 10 WQ/day, a ton of dungeons all the time, lots of PVP but none of it will go towards that grind because you weren't lucky enough to land that skin.

What do you guys think? Are you okay with the RNG (talking to unlucky people - of course if you're lucky you like it)? If not, what do you think Blizzard should do to fix it?

200+ work orders for Nomi... 23 recipes... 11.5%... Bullshit to be cockblocked at 760 with no way to change it.
    hundreds or in some cases a thousand or more potions and still not level 3? what the fuck
    Legion Loremaster (required for eventually flying) is locked behind a raid boss, what the fuck
    RNG is what determines which emissary quest becomes available... unfortunately there are recipes on those emissaries that require exalted and As an example.. you've seen ONE Valajar emissary quest since the 12th of September... again... what the fuck.
    360hours played on my druid... No legendary... not REALLY worried about THAT, YET

Using RNG to bait people into playing eventually leads to bad things... it leads to rage, it leads to distrust, and it shines a light on bad game design.

RNG is quickly destroying any goodwill that Legion MIGHT have bought Blizzard after the shitshow that WOD was.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The only frustration i have so far is not switching to higher ilvl gear due to how the stats budget works.

I had a mythic 6 titanforged ring (875) dropping from a run this weekend, got really excited because it had my best stat on it and even then after analysing it, it was not worth to drop my set of 835 and 840 optimized rings.

My equipped ilvl and the bag ilvl has a 13 points disparity (849/862)... that's just holding my ilvl down due to how the secondaries work, making it harder and harder to get a good piece of gear for me.

10+ Year Old Account

1. Yep. Not only is it annoying, but it's frustrating. I've done over 800 skinning and still at rank 1 for leather.

2. Well, yes and no. I think you shouldn't be able to choose the legendary, but I think at some point you should get a legendary. To some extent, I'd like a system like "complete 500 world quests and get a random legendary" or perhaps "open 30 daily chests and get a legendary".

3. I think it should be that way. Because it's not gameplay related but purely cosmetic, I am not too bothered by this.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

The profession stuff is odd, I agree. Nothing else is a concern though. You will get a legendary eventually. You would be better off citing mythic+ dungeon rng where some people have gotten tons of gear better than raid gear and others have gotten none.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    Gotta give casuals a chance to compete if it wasn't random they'd lose every time
    why does a casual deserve a chance at the same gear if not better than someone who puts 12+ hours a day into the game?

it is the casuals that being entitled and qqing that the guy that worked really hard didnt deserve it, the players who take the game serious have been screwed right over if they are unlucky, if you cannot see that side of the coin then well you dont know how to put yourself in other peoples shoes.

i have unsubbed and i really dont have the desire anymore to go back because i know that to be the best i can be i have to be insanely lucky, luck isnt something thats in my life unfortunately so gg blizz, wow is dead to me now after 8 years.

Oh ok so I guess everyone wants legendaries to be a guaranteed drop that they grind for and then quit right after.

Lmao.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    No matter what they do, someone will always be unhappy.
    How did you crack that code?

Deleted
    It was clear long ago the direction they were taking. They expect to retain more people by forcing them to play every day the wow slot machine.

I don't get how people are having fun doing the same shit over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Some guaranteed goals.

I personally liked farming currency in order to purchase some items.
    This, please. A thousand times.

Bring back emblems/valor and let's us use high amounts of it (or make it hard to obtain, ie just make it something that you can slowly work to, so that it complements the RNG instead of "replacing it") to buy at least heroic raiding gear.

Ideally, also let us use that currency to upgrade items to warforged and/or gem socket/extra stats.

I think WotLK nailed the balance between RNG drops and guaranteed goals, but it could even be slightly slower, just let us having to upgrade gear instead of just farming endlessly in hopes to get the right piece of gear with the right upgrade.

Also weekly cap instead of daily limitation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only RNG element to the game that has really struck me has been that some hidden artifact weapons are pure RNG as to whether you'll ever get them while others can just buy them or do an invisible questline. My hidden appearance is a random drop from Withered training (which I don't enjoy doing) and I've yet to get it.

I don't know whether I'd agree with the legendary RNG or not, I got mine early on in the second week of the expansion, so I haven't had to think about it much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Using RNG to bait people into playing eventually leads to bad things... it leads to rage, it leads to distrust, and it shines a light on bad game design.

RNG is quickly destroying any goodwill that Legion MIGHT have bought Blizzard after the shitshow that WOD was.
    This. You work hard only to end up with nothing but frustration. There should be at least something guaranteed. A little item level upgrade, and with luck a bigger item level upgrade. Back in the old days you at least got a few badges from every boss and could use them to buy gems, if nothing else.

Otherwise it's like saying I have a chance to get paid at the end of the month if I do my job properly.

Also those goddamn world quests should be tuned to grant gear that's actually good for your spec. I play a ret pally main and all I see are intellect trinkets and tank relics -- never strength trinkets or dps relics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    Gotta give casuals a chance to compete if it wasn't random they'd lose every time
    LOL.

You talk about casuals like its a bad thing. Casuals made this game.

The irony is all you so called "hardcores" complaining about RNG, and not having a legendary drop, or completely maxing out a profession, or having BiS... 33 days into the GD expansion. Reality check needed!

I'm not a fan of you actually could have discovered how to get your hidden artifact skin and never know it since it's random.

i cant see the problem here, EN Heroic its droppping 865 not 820 like you have to hit titanforged to progress...

rng its an extra bonus, not a brickwall. You dont need a legendary, legendary are just a bonus. if you got one, nice, if you not, you can still progress.

i disagree with all that you said about gear brickwall... i dont have a legendary and i dont need it. the time when i get it, i will be happy .

Random legendary drops were a shit idea.

They should've been barred behind Mythic raid end bosses if anything and only if you followed a questline which required actual time and effort instead of random scrubs getting their legendaries on 3 alts because they only had to get lucky and run 1 M+ dungeon.

Legendary items lose all meaning and value when everyone can get them regardless of their merits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    i cant see the problem here, EN Heroic its droppping 865 not 820 like you have to hit titanforged to progress...

rng its an extra bonus, not a brickwall. You dont need a legendary, legendary are just a bonus. if you got one, nice, if you not, you can still progress.

i disagree with all that you said about gear brickwall... i dont have a legendary and i dont need it. the time when i get it, i will be happy .
    It's not about legendary for me. Problem is that everything is behind an RNG brickwall from regular dungeon gear to crafting professions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I liked the Cata model of valor points best. You could cap it with 7 dungeons but it didn't matter when you did them. IMO better then giving a daily bonus for the first dungeon.
    That one was very well balanced indeed. Idk why they had to destroy a working system just for the sake of change -- a shitty change.