Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There is a big pink elephant in this room.

A+T=B
    /10char
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    A westfall baby as king/queen of the alliance? I don't think that's a good idea.

I reckon Moira would be a good fit for a political marriage. She already has an heir and it would help solidify the Alliance's ties to the Dark Irons even further.

Also, less human focus would be a good thing.
    They could adopt an orc baby?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Don't be accepting that there are other lifestyle choices? Is that what you're referring to?
    Oh, Christ... I'm tired of you Trigglypuffs. Your Anduin/Wrathion fanfic is not going to become lore. Just like your Harry/Ron fantasy never came true. Shouldn't you be posting on your Tumblr about cis-priv or something?
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    (1.) Implying that one would need to spend 24/7 on these forums to keep up with thread topics and/or general emotions about the game is asinine and you should know better. The "search" function on the website works phenomenally and given that the topic of who Anduin may or may not marry has been (almost grossly) discussed far too many times over countless threads. And given your response to the individual(s) mentioning Wrathion as a potential candidate shows you're not up to speed of the general consensus of which groups on this forum actually, truthfully would like that pairing happen.

(2.) You do have a point about the focus on "kingdoms" and "royalty" in medieval based fantasy, however, I believe that is the exception and not the rule. Using WoW as the prime example, there have been many instances of WoW breaking the traditional medieval based fantasy and numerous occasions have proven that the game does not need to fall into that. So if your opinion is that Anduin *needs* to be addressed for somebody in the Wrynn line to take over, and my opinion is that it's not that big of a deal given we know what the future is probably going to be with him... then that's where it ends: difference of opinion.
    1. Don't give me lip about asinine, you're the one who started with "this thread again" like it was a burden upon your existence. What groups on this forum want to happen is not my concern, groups on this forums claimed high and low that pandaren were the most requested race in WoW, a race which since the end of pandaland has topped the charts in lowest players race in game, and has only slightly gone up above dwarves and goblins this expansion, for some reason.

2. If the future of the game boils down to "Anduin vs Sargeras bro on bro battle", that's a pretty shitty and uninspired future to look forward to, I would rather watch Dragon Ball Z. Back in pre-BC, WoW had a lot of political intrigue going on for itself, and even prior to that in the WC games. It needs to make a return, and take the focus off the neverending and repetitive subject of Legion-Old Gods-Legion-Old Gods. It adds spice and personality to the game, and refreshes things from the endless "Big Good vs Big Bad" theme park that WoW has become since the end of pre-BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    They could have little Dragon babies instead. Who would be the mother? Anduin always struck me as the feminine one in their relationship.

- - - Updated - - -

From a lore and realism PoV she's basically the only viable candidate. But let's not carried away by notions like those.
    how is she a viable candidate? anduin is 16 and shes almost 30.

id say it will either be wrathion or if they chicken out and put him with a girl it will have to be someone young like him.

the closest character to anduins age is li li and wrathion. everyone else is too old for him.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe they'll bring in the draenei orphan girl from tbc
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Don't be accepting that there are other lifestyle choices? Is that what you're referring to?
    No, it's just that hamfisted social justice shit has little place in WoW. We have lesbian chicks in Northrend and numerous little hints of gay and bisexual characters in numerous quests, the latest of which in Highmountain in a tent with a man and two tauren. Blizzard has made it painfully clear they support everyone's "lifestyle choices".

Putting something in the forefront like this is simply not necessary in exchange for all the dramalama it will create, and the furthering of the Warcraft logo as a "We are actually pushing social justice issues Craft".

Some things just need to stay separate, not because you disagree with them, but because there is a time and a place for everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    how is she a viable candidate? anduin is 16 and shes almost 30.

id say it will either be wrathion or if they chicken out and put him with a girl it will have to be someone young like him.

the closest character to anduins age is li li and wrathion. everyone else is too old for him.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe they'll bring in the draenei orphan girl from tbc
    what the fuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    probably an orc and the final expansion will be horde and alliance united

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Oh, Christ... I'm tired of you Trigglypuffs. Your Anduin/Wrathion fanfic is not going to become lore. Just like your Harry/Ron fantasy never came true. Shouldn't you be posting on your Tumblr about cis-priv or something?
    i dont remember ron ever gently touching harrys cheek or anyone involved with harry potter ever insinuating that they were a couple.

wheras theres a couple devs that have shown support for anduin x wrathion and theyre interactions clearly have chemistry there.

whether you like anduin x wrathion or not you have to be blind not to see that its a viable option, especially with a clutch of pure black dragon eggs in legion. and having a dragon for a king would be awesome

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    No, it's just that hamfisted social justice shit has little place in WoW. We have lesbian chicks in Northrend and numerous little hints of gay and bisexual characters in numerous quests, the latest of which in Highmountain in a tent with a man and two tauren. Blizzard has made it painfully clear they support everyone's "lifestyle choices".

Putting something in the forefront like this is simply not necessary in exchange for all the dramalama it will create, and the furthering of the Warcraft logo as a "We are actually pushing social justice issues Craft".

Some things just need to stay separate, not because you disagree with them, but because there is a time and a place for everything.
    like an orc wedding in the middle of the apocalypse attended by dragons and one of the most powerful night elves in lore when they couldve been doing something useful.

wow makes plenty of time for straight relationships. theres no reason there cant be a prominent gay relationship especially when wrathion is one of the most interesting characters in the game.

id much rather see a romance plot where the main friction between the two are conflicting ideas and morals instead of "GO EL!!"
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

whether you like anduin x wrathion or not you have to be blind not to see that its a viable option, especially with a clutch of pure black dragon eggs in legion. and having a dragon for a king would be awesome
    Didn't they remove that clutch at some point in beta? And replaced it with just Ebonhorn?

Also Wrathion wouldn't be king, it'd be Anduin.

You can entertain the whole pairing as much as you like, but its pretty safe to say it won't happen, especially after all that Wrathion's done. Do you really think Stormwind and the Alliance at large will accept the guy who helped Garrosh and caused this whole mess becoming part of their royalty? And a black dragon, too?

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont remember ron ever gently touching harrys cheek or anyone involved with harry potter ever insinuating that they were a couple.

wheras theres a couple devs that have shown support for anduin x wrathion and theyre interactions clearly have chemistry there.

Seeing patterns where there are none is called "Apophenia". I'm sure your Tumblr could use another update. I get that you identify as Dragonkin and all, but that's not a real thing. That's called being crazy and there are medications to help with that.

1. Don't give me lip about asinine, you're the one who started with "this thread again" like it was a burden upon your existence. What groups on this forum want to happen is not my concern, groups on this forums claimed high and low that pandaren were the most requested race in WoW, a race which since the end of pandaland has topped the charts in lowest players race in game, and has only slightly gone up above dwarves and goblins this expansion, for some reason.
    pandaren make up about 6.6% of the population. thats more popular than over half the races in the game https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Harry should have been with Hermoine. I'm sorry you get your panties all in a bunch because people realize there is more than one way to live a life. The wrathion part was a joke, but it still doesn't need to be a woman.

Does he need to marry anyone? Who cares? If it's relevant to the story, then sure, but he's got a lot more to worry about than marriage politics. Just look at how bad Thrall's poorly handled marriage went with the player base.

- - - Updated - - -

what the fuck?
    It's not social justice shit and if people get upset about a major lore character being gay then that's just fucked up. I'm sorry other peoples lifestyle choices are painful to you. It's common place in the world and just because you advert your eyes doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Blizzard isn't making it "painfully" obvious, they are creating story that reflects how society has developed. I also don't see how making a major lore character gay is pushing social justice. So supporting everyone is now somehow pushing social justice?

Quote Originally Posted by Adeivus View Post
    Didn't they remove that clutch at some point in beta? And replaced it with just Ebonhorn?

Also Wrathion wouldn't be king, it'd be Anduin.

You can entertain the whole pairing as much as you like, but its pretty safe to say it won't happen, especially after all that Wrathion's done. Do you really think Stormwind and the Alliance at large will accept the guy who helped Garrosh and caused this whole mess becoming part of their royalty? And a black dragon, too?
    wrathions plan was to provide azeroth with an infinite army from multiple alternate timelines. its not his fault that kairoz wasnt more secure about keeping an eye on garrosh. it was never his plan for garrosh to be in control of the iron horde or for the iron horde to attack azeroth. had his plan worked the iron horde along with hundreds, if not thousands of alternate alliance and hordes coming through and uniting with us to protect azeroth.

the eggs are still there on live, its not explicitly stated whether or not the eggs are still alive, but its left open ended with the thread to be picked up on later. in beta ebonhorn was wrathion and he took the eggs but since they replaced him with ebonhorn the eggs are still hidden in the cave. im sure wrathion will find out eventually.

and yes, wrathion would be king, theyd both be king. unless stormwind followed britains hiearchy where wrathion could never be higher than prince due to not being born royal.

but even then wrathion could probably claim the title of king of black dragons unless someone contested him.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Wrathion. <3
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Harry should have been with Hermoine. I'm sorry you get your panties all in a bunch because people realize there is more than one way to live a life. The wrathion part was a joke, but it still doesn't need to be a woman.
    honestly if its not wrathion i dont see the point in making anduin gay. either put him with wrathion or make someone else gay.

imagine blizz turns him into a fag?

the horde npc would laugh so hard that alliance could just walk into the capitals

10+ Year Old Account
    You can have a relationship with a body pillow for all I care, but sitting here demanding they make a character gay to fit your fanfic is rather obnoxious. They should make a gay male character. Make a strong decisive Orc or Tauren and give him a partner that's not "hidden" have it go against the stereotype of the "softie" that's so pervasive. Do something like that. By trying to make Anduin gay you'd only be perpetuating the stereotype because he's viewed as small and weak.