15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    look at his shoulder
    https://imgur.com/a/GjT67

this is why i turned anti alaising and texture filtering off
    it does nothing there is no visible difference
    it was eating up framerates for no improvement

- - - Updated - - -

my resolution is at because i like the size of the screen and the size of everything on my desktop

my lcd monitor will go to like 2715x1547 despite the card can go higher than that to like 3.9k x something

i have to recrop my screen with hdmi if i had wow at 2715
    - - - Updated - - -

i just showed 2 pictures next to each other
    i can't see any difference on that guy's shoulders
    i am not some developer of graphic cards i just play games
    so if there is something i am not noticing then show me it..
    You might be be able see the difference in a compressed pic but in game edges of anything just look so much cleaner and those pics are not the same camera distance so you cant tell anyway
    Last edited by Firatha; 2016-10-04 at 07:22 AM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Why is this in the WoW General Discussion? It has more to do with computers and they have their own section...
    i asked about the wow forums and wow graphics
    it's world of warcraft related
    i am not asking about graphic cards in general
    i am asking about wow and how people view it with their cards
    this forum is weird with their sorting and i just put it where ever it seemed like it fit to me
    i am not asking about other games
    it's only wow i asked about
    and that specific wow forum post link related

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    You might be be able see the difference in a compressed pic but in game edges of anything just look so much cleaner
    like i said
    texture filtering only had a tiny edge difference which doesn't do much(atleast for wow anyway)
    so i turned it off
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Deleted
    32GB ddr4 2400MHz, i5-6600k with oc to 4,1 and gigabyte gtx 1080 g1 edition and on ultra 10 settings there are a few places where fps dips to 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Not you again..

You have faced the camera at the very most optimal angle for you to get as high a framerate as possible.

900-series is still solid.

Your GPU is still dated.

It's like a strong case of buyer BIAS with you. Get over the fact that your card isn't the best anymore and that 970 owners in general are very happy with their choice.

Deleted
    I get over 60 fps 90% of the time with everything max and 4x MSAA with a MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G. It drops down in certain areas/ situations, but is always above 45. So the claims about 60 fps in low settings are just either a lie or people have other issues (such as an AMD cpu 4Head) with their configs. (I'm on a 4690k @4.4 GHz)

980TI - max out at 190fps @ 2560x1600 on max number.... IF I am happy with my card running at 85C.

I'm not - so I run at 65C at 90fps on 7.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buljo View Post
    780ti, 4670k@Stock

MAX Settings-Preset 10 (x16 Anisotropic, MSAA 8x)

Dalaran: ~45-60Fps
    FP: 33-35 FPS
    Outdoor(Suramar): ~30 FPS
    Instanced(Order Hall): 90 FPS

Sensible settings - Preset 7( Trilinear, MSAAx4)

Dalaran: ~80 Fps
    FP: 73-75 Fps
    Outdoor(Suramar): ~80 Fps
    Instanced(Order Hall): ~85 Fps(For some reason I get lower frames on preset 7 than on 10 in my orderhall. Fuck knows)

I'm keeping it locked to 70 frames. Never dips below.
    i just switched to 2715x1547 fullscreen then it became blury regardless of low-ultra graphic settings but it gave me 30 extra fps for some reason..
    i switched back to 1.8k fullscreen windowed and that extra 30fps stayed around..
    so your weird framerates are as weird as mine

it's possible the framerates are only an estimate
    not a 100% so that's why it jumps around

Some shitty one that barely gives me 10-15 fps on places like halls of valor and maw of souls :d Fun times to be a master student studying abroad with a low budget and a trash laptop lel. Overall though I have 20-30 fps on raids and rest of the world with only a few hiccups sometimes. I've grown so used to it that if I play a game on PS4 I can get dizzy just looking at smooth 30 fps XDDDD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Not you again..

You have faced the camera at the very most optimal angle for you to get as high a framerate as possible.

900-series is still solid.

Your GPU is still dated.

It's like a strong case of buyer BIAS with you. Get over the fact that your card isn't the best anymore and that 970 owners in general are very happy with their choice.
    which picture are you talking about?
    i was showing someones shoulders in the only space that the interface wasn't blocking
    so unless you wanted it on the left side instead of right then that's unfortunate for you but there is nowhere else for me to screenshot his shoulders without the interface box blocking it with black transperancy
    i wanted to show the settings+shoulders at the same time

getting optimal framerates with any game
    how is that "not the best anymore"
    770 and 900s came out around the same time
    we are suppose to be talking about that forum post where people with 970 are getting lower than me at their low settings
    and suppose to discuss why this is and give insight into each others framerates to see if their problem is as consistant as it was on offical forums as it could or could not be on mmochampion
    so why are you being egotistical about me
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2016-10-04 at 07:46 AM.

Duuuuuuude ppleaaaase stop trolling with your 2715x1547 res.... YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE IN THE UNIVERSE WHO'S USING IT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guurb View Post
    Duuuuuuude ppleaaaase stop trolling with your 2715x1547 res.... YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE IN THE UNIVERSE WHO'S USING IT
    i am not trolling and i am not using it so what kind of drugs are you on

Deleted
    it's world of warcraft related
    Only because you mention places in the game and talk about your performance there. Your computer's performance there. More specifically, the graphics card. And that's more suited for a post in Computers than it is in this forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Only because you mention places in the game and talk about your performance there. Your computer's performance there. More specifically, the graphics card. And that's more suited for a post in Computers than it is in this forum.
    why does it even matter beyond someone having ocd
    i asked about wow i am not asking about other games

Deleted
    why does it even matter beyond someone having ocd
    In that case, what does it matter what FPS other people have?

Seriously, this is a question more suited for Computers, not General Dicussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    because somebody really cares about framerates even tho his monitor is capped at 50hz
    the refresh is restricted to 50 due to windowed fullscreen mode it is a wow hard coded thing i have no control over blizzard made it
    the refresh goes to 60hz if i used the normal fullscreen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    There is thousands of people with this issue. Thread on the official Technical Support forums is up to 15 pages and there are heaps of other threads like it.

Blizzard is spouting the same nonsense bullshit of "update your drivers, disable all add-ons".

The issue is on their end, has been proven 10+ times by multiple people in the thread.

All you can do is wait for a fix from them.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...8965409?page=1

I have the same issue. GTX1080, Shit FPS in zones like Suramar.
    this is why i didn't upgrade to 900 series
    i have been getting good framerates with my geforce 770 gtx
    and some people complain of problems with 900 and even now 1000s as well
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2016-10-04 at 08:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Macbook Pro laptop, literally everything that supposedly is the worst possible thing for gaming.

55+ on Ultra everything.

Screw me, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    There is thousands of people with this issue. Thread on the official Technical Support forums is up to 15 pages and there are heaps of other threads like it.

Blizzard is spouting the same nonsense bullshit of "update your drivers, disable all add-ons".

The issue is on their end, has been proven 10+ times by multiple people in the thread.

All you can do is wait for a fix from them.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...8965409?page=1

I have the same issue. GTX1080, Shit FPS in zones like Suramar.
    What do you call shit fps i get very playable fps in Suramar theres only a few places where it dips and like 2 places it dips enough to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Macbook Pro laptop, literally everything that supposedly is the worst possible thing for gaming.

55+ on Ultra everything.

Screw me, right?
    World of warcraft is totally fucked when it comes to what it does and does not like to run on its pretty funny.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post

55+ on Ultra everything.

Screw me, right?
    the mac thing is just a joke from the earlier years of when mac laptops first came out they couldn't even load any game because everything was coded for windows
    and lots of complaints were sent to blizz about macs having less performance
    but apple has fixed a lot of the stuff by now so your framerates are completely fine for wow
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2016-10-04 at 08:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    which picture are you talking about?
    i was showing someones shoulders in the only space that the interface wasn't blocking
    so unless you wanted it on the left side instead of right then that's unfortunate for you but there is nowhere else for me to screenshot his shoulders without the interface box blocking it with black transperancy
    i wanted to show the settings+shoulders at the same time
    Any excuse you got doesn't make a difference. You stand the same way with a 980/1080 and you'd have an equal (=CPU bottleneck) or greater framerate than the 770.

getting optimal framerates with any game
    how is that "not the best anymore"
    Ignoring every benchmark or GPU test ever for this statement.

770 and 900s came out around the same time
    Ignoring the fact that GTX 770 came out on May 30th 2013 and was a repackaging of the old GTX 680 which came out in March 2012, while the GTX 900 series released September 18th 2014. We see here another example of you not really caring about facts for your statements.

we are suppose to be talking about that forum post where people with 970 are getting lower than me at their low settings
    They are not looking down into a corner of nothingness when reporting their framerate. You are.

and suppose to discuss why this is and give insight into each others framerates to see if their problem is as consistant as it was on offical forums as it could or could not be on mmochampion
    so why are you being egotistical about me
    And here I don't necessarily disagree that a discussion thread could exist where we reported CPU bottlenecks of the game. But face it, it's CPU bottlenecks, shown more easily when paring with new GPUs as they will show their wasted potential in graphs much sooner. You in your first post already turned it into some sort of "look again at my amazing 770 performance when it has to render nothing! Didn't I warn y'all!?"
    Last edited by Wries; 2016-10-04 at 09:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Any excuse you got doesn't make a difference. You stand the same way with a 980/1080 and you'd have an equal (=CPU bottleneck) or greater framerate than the 770.

Ignoring every benchmark or GPU test ever for this statement.

Ignoring the fact that GTX 770 came out on May 30th 2013 and was a repackaging of the old GTX 680 which came out in March 2012, while the GTX 900 series released September 18th 2014. We see here another example of you not really caring about facts for your statements.

They are not looking down into a corner of nothingness when reporting their framerate. You are.

And here I don't necessarily disagree that a discussion thread could exist where we reported CPU bottlenecks of the game. But face it, it's CPU bottlenecks, shown more easily when paring with new GPUs as they will show their wasted potential in graphs much sooner. You in your first post already turned it into some sort of "look again at my amazing 770 performance when it has to render nothing! Didn't I warn y'all!?"
    i got my pc in 2013
    idk how you expect me to travel in time
    i didn't need a new card in 2014
    i didn't need one in 2015
    i didn't need one in 2016
    why would i waste like $1000 for a card that just gives the potential of extra frame rate which can't even be used because there is no game that needs more than 60 fps
    there hasn't been a game where my 770 can't run on ultra
    i only prefer to make wow lower because i can't see any difference on ultra that i even care about
    if you want to have your child tantrum at a few pixels here and there then go ahead
    but stop trying to think my brain is the same as yours

a lot of these companies brainwash people into buying the latest crap just for money
    not because you actually need it
    in 2 years
    you will get the same framerates on the 1000s
    but people will be brainwashed into thinking their 1000 is old just to keep feeding companies money
    you only really need to upgrade cards every 5 years at minimin

if you don't like this forum topic
    then go talk somewhere else
    it really makes no sense why you are even on here
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2016-10-04 at 10:00 AM.