Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    33% nerf to an obscenely overpowered ability doesn't make it trash, just saying.
    Its like all those dhs complaining that they are trash now but still dominate AOE...

The absorb mechanic of IP is just very strong. No matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    33% nerf to an obscenely overpowered ability doesn't make it trash, just saying.
    a full 60 rage IP will net you around 20% of your hp.

considering how warriors now play with around 60% of the rage they had, id say youre going to not be seeing nearly as many warriors in top content as you used to

Will this change any stat prios? haste seems more valuable as it will generate more rage now, but at the same time spending it on IP took a hit - so, no change?

I'm talking about haste gearing, not versatility . I don't raid, just mythic+

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Will this change any stat prios? haste seems more valuable as it will generate more rage now, but at the same time spending it on IP took a hit - so, no change?

mastery is the dominant stat now.

crit blocks are now going to mitigate much more than IP can. focusing haste is still probably fine, but even when taking heavy damage and in haste build you should expect to have little shield and little rage.

as well, spamming intervene is even more important now.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    a full 60 rage IP will net you around 20% of your hp.

considering how warriors now play with around 60% of the rage they had, id say youre going to not be seeing nearly as many warriors in top content as you used to
    Got a flashnews for you, pal prot self heal heals for 35% of missing health, so a protpal needs to be at 40% health for his heal to become better than our ip. While we can stack it and just not take damage and play around it.

And IP does more than 20% of our health atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Got a flashnews for you, pal prot self heal heals for 35% of missing health, so a protpal needs to be at 40% health for his heal to become better than our ip. While we can stack it and just not take damage and play around it.

And IP does more than 20% of our health atm.
    at 3.7m a 60 rage ip gave me around 800k hp. feel free to test for yourself

1,26M avg IPs before the nerf translate to around 840M avg post nerf, I have 3.4M hp with a flask.

That does 25% of my health. So 25% hp for a palprot.

Can't test it live for now.

800K full ips seems extremely low for 3.7M, what stats is your gear oriented towards ?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not at home to verify, but that 20% hp would assume that IP used to absorb 30% which is kind of false. It scales with mastery (and even vers I believe?) and Dragon Scales does exist. A 33% nerf to IP instead of a huge nerf to our rage is a MUCH better move. I figured to have our rage back IP would have needed ~30% nerf to bring us in line. I guess that was right on the money in blizzard's eyes and I'm not complaining about it. It's better than the alternative.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Will this make heavy hide neck enchant less valuable than the 300 mastery one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post

i think mastery > haste >> vers >>> crit (really big DR)

the nerf got versatility a bit useless

a same amount of haste (just gear) grant you 1 sec of GC and reducing cd from shield slam, shield block, revenge,etc at 30%

haste with a lot of rage to spend allow you stack IP faster, reducing the nerf feeling

With Into the Fray talent in the ideal conditions, we can get 45% haste... if you make the maths haste its really really tempting
    Last edited by gonzajd777; 2016-10-04 at 03:28 PM.

1,26M avg IPs before the nerf translate to around 840M avg post nerf, I have 3.4M hp with a flask.

800K full ips seems extremely low for 3.7M, what stats is your gear oriented towards ?
    3.8m hp 829k IP 4% vers 47% mast

and also. you used stam flasks? str are better =p

3.8m hp 829k IP 4% vers 47% mast

and also. you used stam flasks? str are better =p
    Think i'll get higher ips than that, i got like 16% vers and 40+% mast (can't remember exactly)

We used cauldrons for HC so yeah didn't get to choose^^ (Well fuck me I just thought about spec switching just to drink the flask as I'm typing this, oh well)

Its closer to 21% of your health, seeing as how the ignore pain tooltip doesn't display the actual amount you will absorb, but rather the value you will absorb 90% of.

unbuffed, 864ilvl.

it seems like the cap on IP was not reduced.

making the hotfix notes pretty much straight up wrong or intentionally misleading

actually i dont remember, now that i think about it.

getting a cap of 2.3m IP with 4.4m hp

is that about how much it always was?
    Last edited by apples; 2016-10-04 at 04:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it was ever intended to just soak entire boss hits, and this is not simply a 33% nerf since the rage generation was brought up again too.
    IP is still extremely powerful on taunts when you've had time to stack a nice absorption amount, and it's not like it's the only tool the warrior has available for mitigation. Shield block, Neltharions Fury and lots of critical blocks all do their part.
    Also, absorption is still the most powerful form of mitigation, which is one reason the reactive gameplay of blood DK for example makes them so weak in comparison. They have to take all the damage before they can try to mitigate some of it. But they might already be dead at that point because they just took a ton of unmitigated damage.
    Warriors don't have to deal with that. Yeah, there might still be a healer or two necessary to pick up after the damage the warrior did take after his mitigation, but that's normal. It's infinitely smoother damage than any of the other tanks takes. Watch the HP bar of a death knight, brewmaster or Vengeance DH when they're tanking, it's all over the place because of how spiky the damage they take is.

getting a cap of 2.3m IP with 4.4m hp

is that about how much it always was?
    The cap was 3x the amount of a full rage IP (or 6x max IP if you were specced Never Surrender). If you're getting 800k-ish IPs, and capping at 2.3m-ish, then I'd say the cap is the same as before.. That is, it is effectively 33% lower than before, since your IPs are 33% smaller than as before, but it hasn't actually been changed, it's just the IP's that make it up have gotten smaller.

Certainly not as strong as before, which is fine, but still better than shield barrier, which never stacked with itself.