Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    so now you want to split one faction into two. decide.
    If you were actually participating in the thread and contributing, instead of trolling you would have seen that much earlier in the thread I suggested that factions be determined by actual player choices in game (similar to choosing between Aldor and Scryer in TBC). So you would still have factions, but those would be determined by player choice, and not pigeon holed into a faction because of your aesthetic choices when selecting a race. I understand that it is WARcraft and keeping some form of conflict is really the back bone of the game, at the same time outside of PvP you are effectively cut off from playing with roughly 50% of the gaming community.

While on the subject of PvP going back to my point above (which you ignored) the PvP community has turned a blind eye to fighting their own faction in competitive PvP (rbgs and arena) why would this be any different? Why do you accept one and oppose the other?

Deleted
    Your avatar is pretty rainbow(and peaceful)

I enjoy killing Alliance and laugh at them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You want to remove something that IS World of Warcraft.
    Might as well encourage Blizz to completely eliminate all remaining vestiges of RPG, right?
    You already have factions inside of wow (like the cenarius circle) with races from both the alliance and horde though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Might as well encourage Blizz to completely eliminate all remaining vestiges of RPG, right?
    What if MY form of RPG is a peace loving Tauren druid who feels more comfortable with NEs and more in tune with alliance political ideals than that of horde.

Horde vs Alliance is world of warcraft thing... not inherently warcraft. Going back to the REAL roots, the RTS, and the PvP there, a person could both fight with or against 1 of 3 factions, those being NE, Orcs (which included tauren, trolls, and goblins), and Humans (which included high elves, blood elves, dwarves, and gnomes). Meaning all factions/races were at war with each other, and a person could choose to create allies or enemies as he/she saw fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather not, the two factions still have each their views on how to handle situations, and life among each other. As well, don't like the idea of not having any lore of war for the future, because suddenly all our battles aren't really war, and just a sport - maybe creating the future of weak warriors? (Yes, was slightly a start of sounding Alliance, then turning in to a Horde text, hah)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I believe you should be able to play instanced content with Real ID friends, probably not Battletag though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I believe you should be able to play instanced content with Real ID friends, probably not Battletag though.
    Sure I'd be cool with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Rather not, the two factions still have each their views on how to handle situations, and life among each other. As well, don't like the idea of not having any lore of war for the future, because suddenly all our battles aren't really war, and just a sport - maybe creating the future of weak warriors? (Yes, was slightly a start of sounding Alliance, then turning in to a Horde text, hah)
    At some point societies have to evolve, and the need for soldiers is less and less. World of Businesscraft. Beancounter - goblin accountant.

Combat log:
    Beancounter casts tax.
    You are taxed for 50k.
    You die.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-10-05 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    At some point societies have to evolve, and the need for soldiers is less and less. World of Businesscraft. Beancounter - goblin accountant.
    Yeah, then you have a few races that needs to evolve further.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This thread was a painful read with all the PvP kids/faction fanboys trying to make themselves seem relevant.

Funny you say the real war is between the Alliance and Horde even though that hasn't been true since Warcraft 3. Even in the first two games, it was the Old Horde, not the one today.

The entire Alliance vs Horde conflict is definitive of one contrivance leading into another.

EDIT: Granted, I didn't mind the Cold War scenario. That was actually interesting and tense. The actual "war" as sparked in MoP just felt like a distraction from the main story.
    Last edited by Wewlad; 2016-10-05 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could change game if you're not happy with the MAIN theme of the game? Just throwing it out there

During MoP people bitch too much Orcs vs Humans. During Legion people bitch there is no war anymore. Always going to be someone that bitches either way.

Deleted
    Crossfaction grouping for instanced and non-instanced content would be fine.
    World pvp can stay as it is, hell I would even like an option to kill players of my own faction.
    Also, as lore goes further from expansion to expansion, original Orcs vs Humans idea is completely gone, we are more allies than enemies these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    That is a bad example cause...

We have cases were Bowser don't kidnap the princess (But Mario -there is a Princess Peach game-), and there are a couple of Zelda games were Ganon is not even in the game.
    well no one can deny that those are the main historical reason behind the games ahah, of course there is some spin off, but a mario game is not a spinoff, same for zelda, same for wow

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Why always wanting to change things
    Some things are not meant to change

Bowser will always kidnap the princess
    Link will always fight Ganon
    Horde will always fight the Alliance

Your right. Lets go back to Warcraft being a RTS and not a MMO. I mean why change things right?

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    At this point there is no reason other than to justify why we PvP.

I am tired of my race/faction choice (which is typical purely aesthetic) interfering with me being able to play with friends/family.

Many times Tauren and NEs are more in tune with each other politically than that of their respective alliance/horde friends. Prior to her taking over the horde, Sylvanas' only reason for remaining a part was because she couldn't fight a both horde AND alliance. BEs only align with horde because they are alone (save for the forsaken) on a largely alliance populated continent.

Pandaren are already neutral.
    Worgen are basically human and would be on whatever side opposes Sylvanas.

Goblins and gnomes have always shared a love for things mechanical, which in several places around the world allow them to put aside any racial/political differences so that they can coexist.

For the most part it tends to be both horde and alliance vs big bad anyway. Why can't we implement a system that allows to ACTUALLY play that out?

This sounds like the same logic spouted off by the Bernie kids back when he was still pretending to be against Hillary

I really wish they would. The class hall campaigns have been the most fun I've had in WoW in a long time. I love that there are no faction ties, we've all got our own thing going on outside of that political nonsense.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I would love an option to have 1 of the opposites races per server. A traitor, prisoner, orphan, whatever you want to call it. This would put a big dent in faction hopping every time racials are messed with. I understand the slippery slope this creates and why it will never happen, but a girl can dream.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Your right. Lets go back to Warcraft being a RTS and not a MMO. I mean why change things right?
    wow has never been a rts

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    wow has never been a rts

Warcraft. which Wow came from was. If they never would have changed Warcraft to World of Warcraft. We wouldn't be here having this convo.

in fact The wow engine is a heavily modified warcraft3 engine.

I wouldn't mind cross faction stuff. At which point I think it'd be better to "flag" for PvP based on race.
    I could say "kill all the humans and undead" and have those races flagged for PvP. If my friend is one of those.. then I should be careful.

But I'm quite sure I'm the minority with that opinion.