Thread: Withered J'im

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    this boss is a freaking mess, DBM keep spamming things everything was purple. Thank god I just waited outside the cave and cast moonfire once in a while just to get credit for the kill.
    Obviously the fat loot was gold and gold with the seal as usual.

Absolutely no idea what the fuss is about. Killed him on my first attempt while not being in a group (so no heals for me), inside the cave, following a simple "do not stand in fire" rule. Admitably, people did not stop DPSing on the shield phase, but adds died so quickly to cleave damage, there was no chance in hell for them to explode. I doubt most even survived past a 3 second mark, let alone 20 secs required for an explosion. Copies are another thing though, and 3-4 of them were alive when the boss went down. From what I can tell, there were 20-30 players total on that attempt. Most likely, as was in my case, not grouped either. So difficult to estimate accurately really.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2016-10-05 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted
    He only dropped gold.. WTF!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Had zero issues with him, 860 helm on hunter and 880 trinket on warrior.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry guys how does the loot work? First time i killed him today he gave me nothing, I used the coin and gave me 90g.
    Now since I haven't looted any piece of gear, can I keep killing the dude untill I drop something?

Noob question prob.
    Last edited by Powerlamer; 2016-10-05 at 11:45 PM.

Deleted
    I play three classes currently, DK and WAR i try to keep at the top of the world Quests, the PLD is there for Herbalism and Alcchemy so I do the chest and log off. However Blizzard RNG made me weep like a little girl today.

PLD, I don't need anything on him basically as I don't play him. Two Pieces of Gear.
    WAR , got the CRIT Helmet, like Crit is worth anything on the WAR.
    DK ... 2x 25G , If I had any spirit to break, this shattered it as a glass.

I wanna cry.

Only one reset, as the PLD was screaming for heals and got nothing, so decided to run outside. *sigh* I wish people had brains for more than automated breathing so they don't suffocate.

The FPS was dropping considerably to cca 35 ~ 40 on Adjusted level 10 Details ( mostly shadows )

Quote Originally Posted by Powerlamer View Post
    Sorry guys how does the loot work? First time i killed him today he gave me nothing, I used the coin and gave me 90g.
    Now since I haven't looted any piece of gear, can I keep killing the dude untill I drop something?

Noob question prob.
    All world bosses are once a week chance at loot. I believe you could keep using coins though. Sometime they allow multiple coin usage on world bosses sometimes not.

Killed him on two characters, first try, no problems with either one of them. Didn't get loot though, because fuck me
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't really had too much of a problem with him. I've done him twice already and he's only reset once so far. People just rush in and keep throwing bodies until he dies basically

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    What a cancerous world boss. People with low-end PCs won't even be able to do him.
    I remember it like it was yesterday (it was). I got to the cave, my FPS slowed to almost nothing, I died, he died, I got my WQ credit.

No idea what happened.

Hm, went there yesterday, saw a lot of skeletons, few people outside, few people fighting him, asked for invites in the channels and say, but got no response. Checked LFG, applied for an almost full group, got accepted, server hopped, killed him in a few minutes. No problem at all. Left group, returned to server and everyone there was still either waiting or dying without any sort of grouping, healing or communicating. Maybe people should just form a raid and fight him together...

Deleted
    Whatever happens.

Blizzard, you did the right thing by making a boss that actually made a difference from the usual zerg.

This thread is a testament to the incapabilities of the plebs, of whom noone cares about.

A minor nuisance for decency but overall an ez pz attempt for an organised group.

And yes, we killed it in ~3-5 min with our guild before the raid.

Ultimately, all this whine serves nothing, don't listen to people like these.

Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    This "raidboss" is an utter pile of shit. There is everything wrong with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand people's ranting here..

I play on a toaster.. It was new, but not state of the art, during Cataclysm, and I had 55ish fps on highest settings.. There were corpses yes, but not a single reset.. There was no lag...

Everything went smooth... Oh, did I mention, I play on the largest Horde Server? Draenor-EU...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Haven't really had too much of a problem with him. I've done him twice already and he's only reset once so far. People just rush in and keep throwing bodies until he dies basically
    The ol' Russian WWII strategy!

Opened LFD, searched for group, entered, started fight, killed him in the first attempt, left. On 2 chars. I was even thinking "what a lame worldboss" so I have no idea what your problem is

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Opened LFD, searched for group, entered, started fight, killed him in the first attempt, left. On 2 chars. I was even thinking "what a lame worldboss" so I have no idea what your problem is
    I am with you on this one. I went there and found nobody, so I made a raid, listed it and I kid you not, it filled in something like 5 seconds. Boss died and everyone moved on.

World bosses + CRZs + LFGtool = rather silly.

I dove in as a tank (cause that's what I do) and tanked him while the raid group killed him. Wasn't that hard, just annoying with the weird effects on screen. Not seeing what the issue is.

Side note: Does no one else think of Huck Finn when they see this guy? There's a character named N-Word Jim, and it's all I can see when I read Withered J'im.

The only problem I have with him is how easy it is to reset him. It would be funny if blizzard added a oneshot mechanic for tanks that have aggro and walk out of the cave. Grieving shouldn't be this easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    My complaint about this boss is the not getting any loot even though my Mage wasn't dead and had done dmg too him....my raid lockout shows I didn't kill him but was able to see the box for the extra roll....there is something wrong with his mech's if your dead and get no loot even though you did dmg to him....my mage died but I was able to get back to her body and get my rez and do more dmg but it didn't count.