Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    I don't think they need to, just like every other subject we can do both I object to the notion of doing that first. The subject of police accountability should be a major concern for everyone since it affects all of us. BLM will never be taken seriously just like occupy wall street they have no direction or leadership making it easy for extremists and bad actors to muddle their message.
    I don't reckon that's the point. I think it's more that it's a bit hypocritical to be outraged and riot when the police shoot black individuals when you don't even have a clean backyard, meaning, if in black communities they shoot each other, why isn't there any visible outrage over it?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Insisting on? I assume you mean being against single mother families. But in this case, abstinence and less promiscuity (if it can be actually done) can help single motherhood and cascade against all the other issues.
    The issue is that sometimes accidents happen, and welfare should be a system to assist folks that need help. Too often though, it is viewed as a lifestyle. It is tough being a single parent and holding down a job and raising kids. But, in many of these situations, you have a single mother on welfare who doesn't work and doesn't help their kids. We can discuss sex ed, but when the mother laughs about being pregnant again, while her 13 year old daughter is out trying to prove her value via sex, it doesn't matter what schools teach.

They just need to drop the anti-factual and fundamentalist religous angle of being against sex-ed. Although as I noted before, it's not like the religious uptight conservatives are the ones banging bitches every weekend and knocking them up. They really do believe in waiting. It's the people who aren't of that nature, who don't have inhibitions against promiscuity, who are also in a place which tells them myths about sex, who are the ones ending up knocking up a girl and running away from their problems.
    As I mentioned in my post, the bible thumping abstinence only folks are generally the rural republican types and predominately white, so why would any of that matter to the inner city black democrat areas that teach sex ed? Granted I'm generalizing, but we're talking overall in the country anyway. (And yeah, there's plenty of white teenage mothers, just watch Jerry Springer...)
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I thought it was a sort of "we need to come together with white people, we're so much greater together than opposed, like milk and cookies". Just a shot in the dark on my part though lol
    Oh sorry, totally misunderstood lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    As I mentioned in my post, the bible thumping abstinence only folks are generally the rural republican types and predominately white,
    Can't say I agree.....

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I don't reckon that's the point. I think it's more that it's a bit hypocritical to be outraged and riot when the police shoot black individuals when you don't even have a clean backyard, meaning, if in black communities they shoot each other, why isn't there any visible outrage over it?
    There are so many programs that are trying to do that but no one covers that because it does not grab headlines, people don't read good headlines. Since BLM don't have any organization it's not going to happen at the moment it's just a slogan anyone can grab not really a movement.

Again I don't see why it's an issue, we are more than capable as a society to handle more than one issue at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Can't say I agree.....
    Eh, it was stupid of me to focus down that much (republican/white), but baptists and such are still predominantly rural/ small town types vs the urban types whom are church-goers in between 3 boyfriends and whatever drugs/alcohol/ gambling keeps up the rest of the weekend.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    According to BLM people like him are not really black, or they are uncle toms, sell outs etc etc. I have even seen them tell other Blacks that they are not black enough.
    Yep, black people that say intelligent things that make sense, just get hit by No True Scotsman and get called "not black enough" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The issue is that sometimes accidents happen, and welfare should be a system to assist folks that need help. Too often though, it is viewed as a lifestyle. It is tough being a single parent and holding down a job and raising kids. But, in many of these situations, you have a single mother on welfare who doesn't work and doesn't help their kids. We can discuss sex ed, but when the mother laughs about being pregnant again, while her 13 year old daughter is out trying to prove her value via sex, it doesn't matter what schools teach.
    Do you have any factual data to back that up? Unwanted Teen pregnancies especially among minorities have significantly dropped since that ideal was sold by the press in the 90's. From all data sex ed worked, the only place teen pregnancies are high is among the bible belt where abstinence only is being preached.

Do you have any factual data to back that up? Unwanted Teen pregnancies especially among minorities have significantly dropped since that ideal was sold by the press in the 90's. From all data sex ed worked, the only place teen pregnancies are high is among the bible belt where abstinence only is being preached.
    It's also being preached in the midwest where STDs and teen pregnancies roughly match westcoast and eastcoast states.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post

"They are a superficial, shallow movement. They are cookies with no milk"
    I love this guy ^^
    This guy is telling the truth. No doubt some white as fuck asshole on this forum will try to silence him by saying "he no black man" or some other shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    According to BLM people like him are not really black, or they are uncle toms, sell outs etc etc. I have even seen them tell other Blacks that they are not black enough.
    That's a standard "No True Scottman fallacies".

There are so many programs that are trying to do that but no one covers that because it does not grab headlines, people don't read good headlines. Since BLM don't have any organization it's not going to happen at the moment it's just a slogan anyone can grab not really a movement.
    It isnt covered because it doesnt further the black vs. white agenda or it isnt a black vs cop issue.

Again I don't see why it's an issue, we are more than capable as a society to handle more than one issue at a time.
    Yes, we are, but the only thing that grabs headlines and becomes a national issue is when a cop kills a black man. So the appearance is that the national media only cares when protests happen when cops shoot blacks. The media has an agenda and that is why people are upset. Why wont they cover these other events?

The problem is more a Police Training issue and more a Public cooperation issue then it is a race issue. As long as we focus on the race issue, we will continue to have issues with police using force.
    Last edited by petej0; 2016-10-06 at 08:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Longest ongoing strawman argument in history.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    It isnt covered because it doesnt further the black vs. white agenda or it isnt a black vs cop issue.

Yes, we are, but the only thing that grabs headlines and becomes a national issue is when a cop kills a black man. So the appearance is that the national media only cares when protests happen when cops shoot blacks. The media has an agenda and that is why people are upset. Why wont they cover these other events?
    How many headlines do you get about people helping other people? Busted terrorist attacks? positive interactions at political rallies? I hate to break your conspiracy theory here but good headlines don't make money, drama, hate, sex and scandals sell, the press in general is not interest in educating the public anymore.
    The problem is more a Police Training issue and more a Public cooperation issue then it is a race issue. As long as we focus on the race issue, we will continue to have issues with police using force.
    You can train them until they literally turn blue the problem is police accountability, the current system is broken and needs to be reformed and that affects everyone this is what is getting lost in all the noise.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Wrong. If that's really your belief you should probably just keep it to yourself and stay away from society. All lives matter. There is nothing more disgusting than someone who has no respect for human life.
    Your opinion is wrong!!! Maybe you should practice what you preach and keep your opinion to yourself while I watch twitter and the news everyday lives being wasted, gunned down in the street, human trafficing, senseless violence, overpriced medication, people with jobs not being able to afford living, list goes on. There is nothing more disgusting than someone who takes an idea like "no lives matter", and then twists it into "someone who has no respect for human life", just to prove their dumb and retarded agenda.
    Intel i5-3570k @ 4.2GHz | 8gb 1600 MHz DDR3 Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 670 SC | ASUS Z77V LK | Seagate Berracuda 2TB
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ymeimei/simple

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Longest ongoing strawman argument in history.
    It is a strawman, but lets be honest. Why is it the media only focuses on BLM when it is a cop shooting the person and not when it is another black person? Do black lives only matter when they are shot by police?

BLM and other similar grievance groups behave the way the do for no other reason than they are rewarded for doing so. While I disdain the moral bankruptcy of such ideological mercenaries, I don't see their actions as illogical or stupid. The stupid ones are the people who support these parasites as a means of virtue signaling. They let assholes like BLM fleece the country financially, and degrade the institutions that make us a prosperous, civilized people.

Meanwhile black people live in the same poverty and violence they always have, waiting for the next government program that will save them from themselves. Newsflash, it won't work. It never works. The only thing that can save these people is internal cultural change. If they start working hard, raising families, amid building futures, it won't matter how racist whitey is, because they will have built their own lives, and yes, they'll matter.

How many headlines do you get about people helping other people? Busted terrorist attacks? positive interactions at political rallies? I hate to break your conspiracy theory here but good headlines don't make money, drama, hate, sex and scandals sell, the press in general is not interest in educating the public anymore.
    I think we are saying the same thing. Although you do get the occasional good story and terror plot getting spoiled will always make headlines.

You can train them until they literally turn blue the problem is police accountability, the current system is broken and needs to be reformed and that affects everyone this is what is getting lost in all the noise.
    It may be broken, but accountability is not an issue. Police dont shoot because they feel they can "get away" with it. They shoot because they are afraid. They are afraid because they are not trained well enough and people are not cooperating with their commands.
    Last edited by petej0; 2016-10-06 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymei View Post
    Your opinion is wrong!!! Maybe you should practice what you preach and keep your opinion to yourself while I watch twitter and the news everyday lives being wasted, gunned down in the street, human trafficing, senseless violence, overpriced medication, people with jobs not being able to afford living, list goes on. There is nothing more disgusting than someone who takes an idea like "no lives matter", and then twists it into "someone who has no respect for human life", just to prove their dumb and retarded agenda.
    I do practice what I preach. I treat people as if their lives matter. I never said society in general does. Perhaps I misinterpreted what he meant by "no lives matter". I was taking it literally. It sounded to me as if he was saying that human life is meaningless.

But no, my opinion is not wrong. Human life is very important regardless of how society acts. If I am uninformed about "no lives matter" then you'll have to forgive me. I was not aware of such a thing or what it really meant.
    Last edited by Docturphil; 2016-10-06 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    It is a strawman, but lets be honest. Why is it the media only focuses on BLM when it is a cop shooting the person and not when it is another black person? Do black lives only matter when they are shot by police?
    You're not wrong. I've expressed that in the past. The media is good at creating narratives. All cops aren't bad, every black shot wasn't a non-threat. People who wear the BLM also work with the police and local governments to help bring both sides together. And those same people are outspoken about violence within their communities. Hell just during the past Charlotte protest you had protestors denouncing loots and people looking to be violent. But to sit there and try to throw looters and black on black crime onto BLM is fallacious where BLM is clearly focused on bad cops and systems that protect them. Theres other groups, other movements that focus on ending violence in black neighborhoods. They've been around since forever, the news thinks that they are boring so they don't get much attention.

No one cares about the anti-gang group in a community, or the mentors looking to keep young black men off the streets, or things of that nature. They rather just point fingers at BLM without realizing that the people who make up the former also make up the latter.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    BLM is about cops not actually black lives though, they honestly picked a shitty name that doesn't help their cause.

They should have used #fuckthapolice
    Then why do they get so pissy when you say #AllLivesMatter? Especially when white men are killed/executed by police at a much higher percentage and rate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    There is definitely work to be done in black communities, but to act like there isn't unfair prejudice towards black people, especially black males, is dishonest.
    But police kill unarmed whites at a much much higher rate. The prejudice seems to be towards them, males specifically, than blacks....