"Let's be honest, we're living in the real world..."

More Trump lies... at least according to Elon Musk.

Also, where's the scumbag Hugh Hewitt on this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Renathras View Post
    I'm not a Republican and seldom vote Republican, so...fail ad hominem attack on your part?

What, you don't like what a person says that's reasoned and logical, so you attack the person instead thinking to make some cheap political points on an Internet forum?
    Fail to understand the republican party on your part?

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Poor Mike Pence. When Trump picked him he probably felt like he just won the lottery and would go down in the history books in a positive way.
    If he did, he's dumber than I gave him credit for. He knew what he was walking into and how horrible of a human being Trump was when he took the gig, he's just angling for a bid down the road and him giving a solid showing as a VP candidate helps his public image. Because he's come out of this, at worst, looking like he's unable to defend Trump but capable of being a solid politician on his own.

No, if his voluntary association with Trump ends up destroying his future chance in the party of the "moral majority", then that's tough shit.

Poor Teddy Cruz too.
    Nope, dude blows whatever way the wind blows. Major anti-government sentiment in his base? Shut down the government! People reacted poorly to the shutting down of the government? It's Obama's fault!

Him holding out until now was a calculated decision, he likely expected Trump to sink his campaign well before this. Guess he finally decided Trump wasn't going to sink it and he'd get on the "right" side of GOP history by siding with him at the very end. Oops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like in the past hour three members of Congress have called for Trump to quit or have withdrawn their endorsement. I wonder how many more will distance themselves from him in the next 24 hours.
    I've been saying for months (and so have a lot of other people, obviously) that any Democrat gets free bonus points by simply asking their Republican opponent "Do you support Donald Trump as the head of the Republican Party?"

I didn't have this in mind, however. This might not destroy him, but boy are people going to start shuffling towards the exit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Demonstrate the reasoning and logic of defending adultery.

For a Presidential candidate.

Of the party of family values.

You can say "oh it happens everyone does it" all you want. But even you have to realize that this is kind of a special case.
    Conservatives hypocrites? Never

Truly presidential material.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nope, dude blows whatever way the wind blows.
    If he had shown some spine and voted his conscience, he'd be laughing hysterically right now. But no.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Honestly I don't think they exist anymore or are in the vast VAST minority... because if they existed, we'd be talking about John Kasich vs Hillary Clinton, and it would've been a near no-contest win for Kasich.

I asked a co-worker who is voting for Gary Johnson due to his disgust in his party's choice in President what he thought of John Kasich and why nobody voted for him. His answer to me said to me more about the people in the party than anything else:

"Who was John Kasich?"
    I honestly can't believe to this day that the Democrat party gave us HILLARY CLINTON. Kasich would be running away with this thing. Hell, Webb would be, too.

The Republicans giving us Trump I find less surprising. Not due to the idiot liberal labeling attacks (bigots, racists, etc-ists), but rather because of their crowing opposition to the status quo and the ripe working class white male and female plight - particularly that the Democrat party has pretty much abandoned white people in general, and the old Union worker base of the party wholesale, preferring the "inevitable" "coalition of the ascendant" probably a few elections BEFORE they solidified that into a permanent majority - win or lose, Democrats wonmt have the House, have even odds of the Senate (and will lose it in 2018 if they win it now anyway), and Clinton will almost certainly be defeated in 2020 with a Republican wave at the State and local levels, ensuring Republicans again get to draw the district lines.

Sure, she will give progressives a liberal SCotUS - which will be an endless rallying cry for non-progressives to vote Republican in 2020 - but at tremendous strategic cost.

...and that's assuming a recession or collapse of Obamacare or yet another war doesn't come knocking on the door for Clinton to take the fall for.

The Democrat party's long term prospects are actually far better with a Trump win than a Clinton one in a lot of ways.

Donald has backed out of reserved advertisement time in all the major battleground states and there is no reallocation of funds to create advertisement in other states, these include Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida, the three he needs to win. Generally this means he is out of cash flow. It seems a Republican really does need to Koch money to win!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Donald has backed out of reserved advertisement time in all the major battleground states and there is no reallocation of funds to create advertisement in other states, these include Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida, the three he needs to win. Generally this means he is out of cash flow. It seems a Republican really does need to Koch money to win!
    Sauce for that?

Poor Mike Pence. When Trump picked him he probably felt like he just won the lottery and would go down in the history books in a positive way.
    I don't feel bad for Pence at all, his flip-flopping on the issues after getting the VP nod shows that he's opportunistic and without actual scruples. He did nearly as well as could be expected for a VP candidate in his position at the debate, but still.

I think the interview that Pence did shortly after getting the VP nod was quite revealing as to Pence's actual character.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    By Market, I mean market forces... Apple sees it is cheaper to make its iPhone in China, so it moves its production there. And in doing that they make a larger profit.

Let's say you got elected president and told Apple to bring its manufacturing to the US... could they get away with paying the same amount china pays its people?

No... so they would have to raise the price of the iPhone, which would mean consumers would pay more, and Apple would get less profit. So they will sit down, and figure out how they solve that problem... automation. An initially high investment, which will pay for itself after a few years, and no person ends up working in the factory...

And by the way:

Foxconn cuts 60,000 factory jobs and replaces them with robots
    Automation is accelerating in smartphone plants
    http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/25/11...ng-smartphones

(Foxconn is the company that assembles Apple's phones.)

So... there is no solution to this... other than a Basic Income, or RBE... neithre Hillary, or Trump will fix this issue.

Or you can set off an EMP over earth and take us back to a pre-industrial world. The truth is, we all need to adapt to change, like it or not.
    Market forces as dictated out by policy that we humans put into place. The market plays by rules, who writes those rules?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm not really following this conversation, it's not really my bag, but... how many times are you going to link that same exact video? It's been at least four times at this point. Do you think linking an hour-long video without even a timestamp to go by is reinforcing your point?
    Probably until someone watches it and stops referencing that authors other works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I can't handle how much hilarity boners this week has given me.

I thought Assange trolling all the Trumpettes was great.

But goddamn this Trump apology video is so awesome.

I love all of you.

How the Donald Trump audio was exposed.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/07/medi...ape/index.html

"The videotape of Donald Trump that is shaking up the presidential election sat forgotten on a shelf at NBC's "Access Hollywood" until just a few days ago.

On Monday, according to an NBC source, one of the entertainment newsmagazine's producers remembered Trump's 2005 taping session with former "Access" co-host Billy Bush. Trump's offensive comments about Alicia Machado were still making waves. And the Associated Press had just published a detailed story quoting former "Apprentice" employees saying Trump "was lewd and sexist" while taping the reality show.

With that in mind, a producer dug up the tape.

By mid-week, executive producer Rob Silverstein and his producing team had taken a look at its contents, and discovered that among other things it included a moment in which Trump told Bush, "And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything... Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything." It also included Trump saying he once tried and failed to have sex with Nancy O'Dell, who was Bush's co-host at the time.

After reviewing the tape, "we were debating what to do" with it, an NBC source explained.

Silverstein told Page Six on Friday afternoon, "I don't know who leaked it. I have no idea."

Last edited by Chingylol; 2016-10-08 at 04:35 AM.

So he's all in on Bill's affairs on Sunday night. She's been preparing for those comments for weeks and the format doesn't exactly lend itself to vicious attacks of that caliber. It's not going to play well for him at all. Bill's affairs made Hillary more sympathetic, not less.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If the education you receive leads to a greater increase in earnings over your lifetime than you spent on said education(in both actual funds and time invested) then you've successfully recovered that investment.
    No, you haven't fully recovered it. You cannot get back the TIME you spent in school. More over school isn't a 1 to 1 ticket to a nice job. How many times will people have to "retrain?" How many times in a lifetime will people have to get new skills? How much debt and time does the average person have to poor into this?

Now how long do people live?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Sorry but automation will happen. The discussion now is what the hell to do with the millions of people that will be left with no jobs
    Probably nothing, Neither Hillary nor Trump care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Who the fuck is calling THIS rape?
    The person I quoted.

Who also called it that again two posts below yours that I'm quoting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    I guarantee you Trump has used his celebrity and wealth to commit unwanted sexual advances, including groping, on more than one occasion. You better start now thinking about how you're going to defend him when the women start coming out of the woodwork.
    Why would I start thinking about how to defend Trump? I've already written off this election.

Keep in mind the post I first made in this thread was basically me saying "this only really matters to the people that were already not voting for Trump".

How is it you've taken that to mean I support him? Considering all the things he's said that haven't dampened his support, I'm only staying something that is a reasonable extrapolation. Yet on the MMOc forums, that makes me - apparently - an out of touch, long time Republican, who supports rape?

Geeze, no wonder Democrats are losing votes and HILLARY isn't running away with this election - her supporters attack anyone who's moderate/independent and shares a reasonable analysis of the election that doesn't agree with their hopes for a Clinton landslide... <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You do understand this is ADULTERY we are talking about, right? In the GOP party of married women and Christians?

And he might also be talking about nonconsensual acts, which would not be rape but would be sexual assault.

And he's talking about it while a newlywed and proud of it.

These are serious fucking red flags for someone running for President. Your buddy Jim down at the...gym...anyhow, can brag about getting tail all he wants, but do you honestly think if he says "yeah I tried to fuck a married woman" in a job application it'd have no effect? "Wanton adultery, eh Jim? Boys will be boys. Can you start Monday?"
    Again - this isn't new. Trump's already had at least one affair and two divorces.

Will this effect his voters? Probably not a lot. It MAY decrease his voter ENTHEUSIASM - the measure of how much a candidate's voters want to come out and vote for him - but Trump has long held a considerable voter enthusiasm lead over Clinton's voter base, which has been reluctant and generally dissatisfied with her. Now, Trump is going to feel the sting of that reduced level of enthusiasm that Clinton has already been suffering from.

However, in her case, it's mostly younger and idealist voters - who are attracted to Johnson and Stein. In his case, it's more middle aged white conservative women and men who absolutely hate Clinton and are terrified of her stacking the Supreme Court with Justices that will rule they have to make gay wedding cakes.

As I said before, it may make undecided voters even less likely to vote for Trump than they were before, but in this weird ass election - that doesn't necessarily benefit Clinton. It may make her job less difficult, but she cannot count on those people automatically coming to her column.
    Last edited by Renathras; 2016-10-08 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Spell check is a little dastard

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    What stories like this do now is "lock it in". Sure it may alienate a few more people, but the vast majority of people made their mind up about Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton some time ago. It's the independent fence sitters that need to be locked down, and over the past month, polls basically inverted and shifted into Clinton's favor among them. Now with this story, for THOSE people, Voting for Donald Trump, now more than ever, is a moral impossibility. Now you would be voting for a categorical sexual predator.
    It's a bit more than this, and the only group of people more susceptible to being conscripted into the Pundit's Fallacy than "Independents" are "Non-Voters." Forget independents; the overwhelming majority of them are reliably partisan voters who, for one reason or another, simply decide not to register as party members. My father's an independent and he's voted for every Republican candidate for President since 1960.

The truth is that for the Republican Party to win national elections while maintaining its current set of policy priorities, it basically has to (a) not do completely fucking awful with Hispanic voters and (b) over-perform with married, white women. McCain and Romney both over-performed with married, white women, but they did disastrously with Hispanic voters. If the results of the 2012 election were applied to the political demographics of the United States in 1980, Mitt Romney would be running for re-election after having won the largest electoral landslide in a generation. The United States has changed that much in the past 30 years.

Anyway, the "Trump Tape" seriously undermines their efforts at (b) when they've already given up any pretense of achieving (a). That, in combination with a historically awful campaign when it comes to basic logistics, is why Trump won't be President.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Hot damn, thanks.

And also holy shit, that was one of the least believable apology videos I think I've ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    It fine if you believe that but you have no evidence and posting conspiracy theories is against the forum rules.

Unhinged conservative conspiracies aside I'm still not seeing how that changes the fact that Trump is on record bragging about being a sexual predator.
    What theories are you talking about? Did She lie under Oath? Yes been proven In the FBI investigation There was Classified emails and she said she turned them all over Which she lied UNDER OATH FACT. Did She OK sell Arms to Lybia Rebels? Yes she did. That got people murdered and killed in Lybia thats a Fact. What is a conspiracies?