I think it's no coincidence that the skin's name is Soul Collector if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deltadeath View Post
    i highly doubt they would be that bad to gate everyone else behind the first raid and make one spec from dk wait tell the 2nd raid.
    I sympathize with the logic, but remember the team in charge of designing and placing hidden Artifact appearances is not necessarily the team that sets up the raid release schedule, could be a simple oversight. And when deciding the release of a raid, "a couple weeks" (months!) seems like no big deal for something aesthetic. In real time however, it totally sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    I think it's no coincidence that the skin's name is Soul Collector if you ask me.
    Soul Collector is the name of the appearance not yet in game. The one we are searching for is the Dark Runeblade.

Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    Posted by Aerythlea
    We can confirm that the processes for obtaining these alternate appearances are all in the game and functioning properly. Once you’ve met all the appropriate requirements – some of which involve content that hasn’t yet been released, or will take some time to complete – the appearance will be granted to your character.

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...3363824#post-8

People are using this as the holy grail of "it's currently obtainable in the game", but to me, that doesn't necessarily say that at all (although they may have meant it). I've also heard that there are new appearances to be released with Nighthold for all specs, so if that's true, it wouldn't make sense to leave DK out of the prior tier.
    That ticket was sent before the launch of EN thats why he mention content not released. I know cause i was there the day the OP posted that.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting my class hall upgrade done tonight - Frost wyrm, might be related somehow.
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppleop View Post
    Yeah, stuck around for about another hour, checked each of the wings with my weakened soul buddy - got nothing. Even took the opportunity to kneel at the tombs (just in case). Maybe having one mc'd and weakened in world boss soultakers fight will reveal something? who knows...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that wording doesn't really rule out Nighthold, if the next set of appearances are to come out with NH then yeah this will definitely not be from there - unless blizz are particularly sadistic.
    Same. Drug a warlord all over the upper plateau, then a good ways into the main structure, nothing to see. I couldn't get to the vault of the icebreaker or the main room at the end due to mob density. I also tried a skaggldrynk in a few places. Nothing became more apparent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    Getting my class hall upgrade done tonight - Frost wyrm, might be related somehow.
    When you finish the upgrade check one of the balconies in Acherus. You should have a new quest to use the frost wyrm. Just an FYI so you're not sitting around for 18 hrs for another crux to use to turn it in

Also, can you do us a favor and whichever one you decide to use it on, physically be at the site of the world quest when using it and tell us the results.

Concerning the Restless Warlords, I made a discovery.
    If you use Syxsehnz rod, these ghosts will become women and they turn yellow. I left a comment on wowhead for the corresponding item.

Here is an image:
    h t t p s : // cdn . discordapp . com / attachments / 226887667265175552 / 234203517848518656 / WoWSyxVrykulStrmhm . png

It'd be interesting to know if there is more, or any connection to the hidden skin.

Deleted
    I was wondering long shot theory:

We can see MEMORY of Arthas in broken shores. There is TOY item that is pretty easy to get from Valajar reputation called: Death's door charm. This items makes you somewhat ghost or spirit or w/e and u have buff called: Hellheim spirit MEMORY.

Could it be that we need to use this item and do something? Kneel to Ymiron or something like that?

so i tried standing under the frost wyrm world quest completion in witchwood and it didnt do anything special just completed the wq like normal

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfFrost View Post
    I was wondering long shot theory:

We can see MEMORY of Arthas in broken shores. There is TOY item that is pretty easy to get from Valajar reputation called: Death's door charm. This items makes you somewhat ghost or spirit or w/e and u have buff called: Hellheim spirit MEMORY.

Could it be that we need to use this item and do something? Kneel to Ymiron or something like that?
    Could it be we need to use in one the frosty spot in the tomb of the old kings?

Deleted
    Since we have no idea where to start our search, we should look to anything which appears "while playing the game".

I had a wq in Suramar for killing nightborn and demons up to 100%. While doing that I noticed that in the Chat appeared - in german - "Der Nachtgeborene verstummt", in english maybe "the nighborn becomes silent". That appeared only one time while killing many nightborns in the last hour. Had not a Chance to do anything with the corpse because I saw the message too late. Maybe thats something? If not, new try ^^

Decided to check out Utgarde Pinnacle. Tried kneeling in front of Ymiron normally, kneeling while using the Helheim toy, using various frost abilities -- even tried MCing him since he's undead, but it comes up immune. Killed him in Helheim form and he dropped nothing special. Glanced around the treasure piles at the entrance afterward and didn't find anything.

Deleted
    Dunno if this is of any relevance, but since we know Koltira knows the language of Death it might be a hint, or just another bug
    Basicall I've had Koltira as a BG for a while now doing WQs and stuff, just running around
    I put him on a mission today but he seems persistent on staying with me.
    Landed in Val'sharah only to realise despite Koltira is completing a mission he still came to bodyguard me. How sweet of him.
    AK7, AL22 all reps revered

So I did a little scouting per the harpy lead. And I've compiled a little list of harpy clans and the area you find them, did a little looking around at each on and a bit of killing to see if any mysterious runestone decided to drop/show its sneaky face (alas, no dice). Anyway, the list is as follows:

Val'Sharah
    *Wormtalon harpies - west of starsong refuge
    *Stoneblood - Thas'talah

Suramar
    *Screeching - Clifftop to the south of fellsoul hold
    *Cliffclutch - Tel'anor

Highmountain
    *Vilewing - Screechhing Crag
    *Crawliac - Darkfeather Valley/Haglands
    *Witchwood - Witchwood
    *Defilia - Rare elite, sits alone south east of skyhorn in the river (a couple of waterfalls down)

Stormheim/Azsuna
    Couldn't find any...feel free to enlighten me

Anyway, maybe the runestone is a raredrop off Defilia, killed her once and got diddly-squat. Who knows what more parses would do...Of course, this is still all massive speculation - like everything regarding this appearance at this stage.

So has anyone tried vashj'ir? it has areas which state in the name that light can't even reach it and when muradin is telling you off about reforging the blade he says throw it in the sea

I have a new theory. It drops in Mythic Halls of Valor of Hymdall but ONLY if no one in your group dies to drake breaths. I don't know why that would make sense but I don't think I've ever seen it happen so it has to be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithus View Post
    I have a new theory. It drops in Mythic Halls of Valor of Hymdall but ONLY if no one in your group dies to drake breaths. I don't know why that would make sense but I don't think I've ever seen it happen so it has to be it.
    Can confirm i was in a group with none dying to breath..sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    most likely just a drop of the soultakers tbh
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Hey guys, back from my request to the GM, here's the answer (french GM, i translate it for you) :

"For the hidden appearance of the weapons, if they're hidden, that mean we don't want to give informations about them, but don't worry, everything is about to unfold very quickly at this level, it is expected soon to enlighten, i assure you "

So, does that mean there still obtainable, or maybe we need to continue our research(AK up, etc to unlock them ? I don't know.

EDIT : Found this on wowhead : http://www.wowhead.com/spell=189034/...er-frostmourne
    I don't know if it's a spell during the quest for obtain the blades or ... for and hidden appearance ?

EDIT 2 : Found this : http://www.wowhead.com/npc=95946/nerzhul
    Added in 7.0. I think it's something.
    Last edited by mmocf0be429ed8; 2016-10-08 at 02:48 PM.

Deleted
    I think these are in the quest to obtain the blades not for the hidden skin but I am not sure.

Random thing I stumbled upon. In Faronaar camp chaos in Azsuna there are dark runes all over the floor. You can right click them to purify them. After 30 seconds they despawn, and after about 2.5 minutes they respawn. They are visible for non DK's to interact with so i'm not sure they are related but there it is. There is a world quest in that area but these do not appear to impact it, also they do not despawn once you complete the world quest.

I ran around purifying a bunch for a few minutes but did not find any further purpose for them.

As additional information I am AK 7, with 26 levels in my frost weapon.