Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Herbalism Rank 3

Are there any specific requirements to get rank 3 on any of the herbs (for example 800 skill) or is it all gated behind RNG?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P

It's never been confirmed by a blue, but those who have Rank 3 in an herb had Rank 2 is ALL other herbs first. I don't have Rank 3 in any because I cannot get Rank 2 Foxflower for the life of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    It's never been confirmed by a blue, but those who have Rank 3 in an herb had Rank 2 is ALL other herbs first. I don't have Rank 3 in any because I cannot get Rank 2 Foxflower for the life of me.
    It's not confirmed, cause it's not true. I have rank 3 starlight rose, and only rank 1 in dreamleaf. On another character I have rank 3 in dreamleaf and rank 1 in felwort, fjarnskaggl and starlight rose.

you need rank 2 in all herbs to get the quest for rank 3 felwort.
    other then that the quests that give rank 2/3 are all random... some pick 1 herb and get it others gather over a thousand.
    of course you need rank 2 before you can get rank 3.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Deleted
    It's totally RNG based. You can have rank 1 in one and 3 in another.

tl:dr RNG

Not true at all. Have rank 3 in all herbs but foxflower. Just got rank 2 this morning for it.

Rank 3 starlight here, Rank 2 Aethril, Rank 1 everything else.
    ~3000 Fjarn picked, ~200 Aethril picked, ~80 or so Starlight picked.
    http://imgur.com/U7FMb6e RNG is RNG.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2016-10-08 at 05:05 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You need to be rank 2 in everything before the rank 3 Felwort quest shows up.

You not NOT need to be rank 2 in everything to get the other rank 3s. From personal experience, I got rank 3 Starlight Rose while still rank 1 Aethril.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    It's not confirmed, cause it's not true. I have rank 3 starlight rose, and only rank 1 in dreamleaf. On another character I have rank 3 in dreamleaf and rank 1 in felwort, fjarnskaggl and starlight rose.
    Finally people in your case start speaking up. Every post I read about the subject were only from people who had Rank 2 in everything first.

Deleted
    quest for felwort just popped up for me after reaching rank 2 of all herbalism things.

Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    quest for felwort just popped up for me after reaching rank 2 of all herbalism things.
    Felworts the only one w/ requirements like that.

Outside of Felwort which requires rank 2 of everything for the quest to pop up, everything else is completely 100% RNG. There is nothing you can do but just hope you get it. I've been farming Starlight Rose (maybe about 2000 Starlight?) since the very beginning and a friend of mine leveled his alt to 100 last week and an hour after hitting Rank 2 he got Rank 3 starlight ...

Also I've farmed well over 8000 Aethril and got Rank 3 Aethril around the 9000~ mark, a couple weeks ago I was planted seeds for my friends and I and he got Aethril rank 3 proc off of one of my seed plants ... even though he never ever farms Aethril -.-

There is no plan, there is method, there is no gimmick, just farm and you might eventually get it.

Someday I hope to see a Rank 3 anything, I've been gathering almost nightly since Legion's launch and zip,zero, zilch.

Just like to post my .02: I just picked up Herbalisim yesterday and had Rank 3 Starlight in 20 mins (of farming, quests not included), before even hitting 75 with Herbalisim. I never picked another Herb either. So Level of Herbalisim/Herbalisim Skills do not seem to matter.

Deleted
    You don't need rank 2 to get rank 3. I have rank 1 Dreamleaf but still have Starlight and Fjarn at rank 3.

Deleted
    It's RNG based. I spent around 10 hours farming dreamleaf, got to rank 2 but no rank 3. I've spent a total of 2 hours farming Starlight Rose, found rank 2 after around 50 flowers and rank 3 after around 100 flowers Some people have farmed 1000's without finding that lovely golden spade!

I got rank 3 in starlight roses while my fjarnskaggl and foxflower were all still rank 1, so this can't be true.

Maybe it increases the chances to get a rank three if you have all rank 2? But generally I think what's happening is just that rank 3 is a pretty low drop chance.

Felwort 3 requires you to have rank 2 in everything else, then the quest is given to you by the herbalist in dalaran.

Everything else is a fairly rare chance to get rank 3. I grinded Aethril 3 recently and it took ~13,500 aethril for it to pop

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's a meaninglessly small sample size, but considering how many people here seem to have gotten rank 3 Starlight Rose fairly early on, I wonder if it has a higher drop rate than the others.