Thread: Diablo 4?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Diablo 3 is due another expansion soon. I hope this year.

they wouldnt be able to make a diablo 4 anyhow, since they killed off ... cain
    We have new Horadrims, especially that dude who talks with Tyrael, what was his name, Lorath? And other members of the New Horadrim order, they even have Necromancer Zayl http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Zayl with "ivory dagger crafted from Trag'Oul sealed to Zayl's soul."

I really wish they will announce D4. Im not Diablo 3 hater, I still sometimes play this game especially at season beginning. But the problem is its get really fast boring. The core features of D3 like GRifts are huge miss for me. Instead of trying to fix this I think it would be better to release new game with different core gameplay. More like D2.

Deleted
    I'm kinda hoping for Diablo 4 tbh. I wasn't that in love with the classes in D3 so hoping for more options in D4.

I didnt really mind the gameplay from D3 - it was what it was - but the graphics, even for when it launched, looked about 5-10 years behind other games out at the time and it really doesn't hold up well today. I'd like to see a significant step up on a new installment rather than just another chapter in D3 that I'll probably play for three weeks then put down.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I know that people are torn on the idea, but I still think that a Diablo MMO could be really cool. IMO, just out of the gate it has a lot more interesting lore and world than Warcraft did when they launched WoW. I know that it won't ever happen, but if they did a Diablo MMO that was in the gameplay style of WoW, I would pick it up in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    I'm kinda hoping for Diablo 4 tbh. I wasn't that in love with the classes in D3 so hoping for more options in D4.

I didnt really mind the gameplay from D3 - it was what it was - but the graphics, even for when it launched, looked about 5-10 years behind other games out at the time and it really doesn't hold up well today. I'd like to see a significant step up on a new installment rather than just another chapter in D3 that I'll probably play for three weeks then put down.
    Prepare to be disappointed. Graphics isn't and shouldn't be the focus for Diablo 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I really wish they will announce D4. Im not Diablo 3 hater, I still sometimes play this game especially at season beginning. But the problem is its get really fast boring. The core features of D3 like GRifts are huge miss for me. Instead of trying to fix this I think it would be better to release new game with different core gameplay. More like D2.
    A return to Diablo 2 at this point is pretty unlikely. Given Blizzard's current fanbase and what they've gotten used to (quick games and fast progression as well as rewards), a game like Diablo 2 is most likely going to end up pretty unpopular.

Early Diablo 3 was closer to Diablo 2 than current. That turned out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    micro transaction that have zero impact on the game <and are completely optional though. If people is willing to pay me for stuff they can get by themselves for free, who am i to stop them to do so?

And the game is actually fun to chill out. Worth a full price? That is mostly tied to personal experience imho, so everyone can decide by themselves.
    It is not even full price. Full price for a game starts at 59.99$ If you actually want the full game (with all the trimmings) they usually run closer to 100$ (if you included the "optional" things games used to automatically include). i think Overwatch was 40$ ish, I would have to check my receipt. It wasn't the full cost of a game though. Think it was actually cheaper than Legion CE. Blizz is clever with their marketing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Diablo 3 is due another expansion soon. I hope this year.

they wouldnt be able to make a diablo 4 anyhow, since they killed off ... cain
    That is the jist of it though. Is it another x pac or a new game? I am moving towards a new game. I somehow feel D3 has run it's course really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Prepare to be disappointed. Graphics isn't and shouldn't be the focus for Diablo 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on what source?

Based on what source?
    Based on the fact that Blizzard games are never focused on graphics? And the fact that no (very few) good games are?

Deleted
    Overwatch/HOTS/Warcraft all look great. Tons of reat games look good. Idk what you're talking about

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on what source?
    There isn't a source but Blizzard doesn't do massive graphical increases in their games sequels or what not. They might improve the graphics by some margin but not massively(If D4 is a thing).

Course Blizzard's latest sequels like Starcraft II came from a very old game like Starcraft I/Brood War which is a long time ago >.> Same with Diablo 3 coming from D2(Game was dated to).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I wish D4 would be something like PoE. Imagine PoE with Blizzard resources. That would be amazing

I only hope the new character models would not look like something from a mobile game made for Iphone 3
    Last edited by IsaacHawke; 2016-10-08 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacHawke View Post
    I only hope the new character models would not like something in a mobile game two years ago.
    That goes without saying if they're actually making Diablo 4...

There's a huge ass difference between "focusing on graphics" and "making sure it maintains a decent standard". This is a Blizzard game, it isn't Dark Souls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    I wish D4 would be something like PoE. Imagine PoE with Blizzard resources. That would be amazing
    It would - often torn between D3 and PoE because on one hand D3 is a much more beautiful and fluid (thanks, Blizzard budget) game whereas PoE has much better underlying systems and isn't as boringly simple.

(FWIW, I almost always end up going with PoE.)

Deleted

There's a huge ass difference between "focusing on graphics" and "making sure it maintains a decent standard". This is a Blizzard game, it isn't Dark Souls.
    Nobody has said 'focus on graphics' but you

Nobody has said 'focus on graphics' but you
    You implied it when you said that graphics was the main thing you hoped for improvements in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Why would they turn Diablo into an mmo? They have wow. And blizzard won't even do another warcraft rts now with starcraft. Diablo is their action rpg franchise
    Sc2 is dead though and wasn't nearly as big of a hit as expected. WC4 as an RTS could be way bigger. One reason being people love the Warcraft franchise so it's going to be more popular than Starcraft in just that regard. Secondly, it's a lot more casual friendly. The hero aspect of Warcraft RTS made playing a lot easier for folks who don't do well with RTS games. And to some it's a lot more fun. So I don't think we've seen the last of WC RTS games.

But as for the topic at hand. I'd love a D4 announcement, but my guess is we won't get it. I suspect it'll be something like they're remaking Diablo 1 with updated graphics and battle.net support.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Sc2 is dead though and wasn't nearly as big of a hit as expected. WC4 as an RTS could be way bigger. One reason being people love the Warcraft franchise so it's going to be more popular than Starcraft in just that regard. Secondly, it's a lot more casual friendly. The hero aspect of Warcraft RTS made playing a lot easier for folks who don't do well with RTS games. And to some it's a lot more fun. So I don't think we've seen the last of WC RTS games.

But as for the topic at hand. I'd love a D4 announcement, but my guess is we won't get it. I suspect it'll be something like they're remaking Diablo 1 with updated graphics and battle.net support.
    I meant more it seems like their current business model is to have one game in each market FPS, RTS, MMO, ARPG, Card game. And Starcraft is big in asia too btw which is probably fair to say is a bigger share of the RTS pie up with europe.

And d4 is gona happen, enjoy the announcement at blizzcon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post

Warcraft3 was good because it had an epic story and a seriously innovative way of making custom maps. If Warcraft 4 is to be popular(outsider of Selling great because its a blizzard Warcraft game) it needs a good story and something new and innovative. I Think the 2nd part is what blizzard is battling with for making wc4.

Just another rts isnt going to cut it when it comes to Warcraft

Deleted
    You implied it when you said that graphics was the main thing you hoped for improvements in.
    No, I didn't

a diablo mmo would do well, i think. it's different from the other fantasy games out now. the just constant darkness of it would be such a break from the norm. also, they could finally let us play as an angel or demon. it'd be great.

but i really hope they do one more expansion for diablo three before diablo four. they gotta wrap up that borderline cliffhanger at the end of reaper of souls.