Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

The first major patch is a rehashed raid remade as a dungeon?

Why is no one crying havok the same way they did with Naxx in WOTLK? On top of that, Karazhan was a raid many players go to experience, it wasn't even low attendance like Naxx40 was in pre-bc.

So they're adding some new art and changing things a bit, big deal, it's largely the same place with probably no conclusive lore once we're done with it.

You put the sour in dinosour.

The orange ones are the best, and you're one of the shitty green ones.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Man the flame bait quality at mmo champion sure isn't what it used to be.

Almost nobody got to play Naxx so people were thrilled at Naxx in WotLK. It was probably too easy, but people were pretty happy with it. Are you from another world?

Wow I write a legit question making a direct comparison to one of the most bitched about raids because it was rehashed, and point the fact it's being done again, an I get shot down as flamebait by the fanlords. Great, MMO C never disappoints.

It's not a clone, and there is a separate raid coming with the patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    You put the sour in dinosour.

The orange ones are the best, and you're one of the shitty green ones.
    Green and yellow are the best, wtf is wrong with you
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Because most of us are excited about revisiting one of the most popular instances Blizz ever created.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Because while the start of the dungeon is mostly similar in structure to the raid, the second half is completely different. Also, many people loved Kara so the idea of getting to go back and experience again is a welcome thing for a lot of people.

With the upside down area of Kara and everything after feels like a new dungeon. The patch also adds the Suramar questline, new faction, and the 3 boss raid.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Blizzard gets away with it because they're abusing the nostalgia of Karazhan. One of, if not the, most nostalgic raids in all of WoW. Only in front of Ulduar as most requested as a return to.

When the first half of the dungeon is literally the same bosses and the same mobs using the same mechanics.

Deleted
    I'm sure Shakespear would be proud of his term being used in such an important and meaningful message.
    But I don't think I"ll let slip the dogs of war for this one, my friend.

My morning coffee doesn't have salt in it. Check yours?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Why is no one crying havok the same way they did with Naxx in WOTLK?
    Because unlike Naxx 2.0... this is a different narrative experience. Naxx 2.0 was the same raid with the same bosses and very little changes to the boss mechanics.

The Karazhan Mega-Dungeon is new content that takes place long after the events of the first raid.

Also, people loved Karazhan and getting to go back and see something new is awesome.

1.) There are new bosses and new areas in the revamped Karazhan, unlike Naxxramas.
    2.) The patch also includes an entire new raid in the Halls of Valor and Helheim.
    3.) The patch is coming out far closer to launch than is typical, and is going to be followed within a few months by the new Nighthold raid.
    4.) The patch also includes new world content like World Quests and a continuation of the Suramar storyline.

Could use a Snapchat addon for my selfie camera. Maybe Instagram integration?

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    1.) There are new bosses and new areas in the revamped Karazhan, unlike Naxxramas.
    2.) The patch also includes an entire new raid in the Halls of Valor and Helheim.
    3.) The patch is coming out far closer to launch than is typical, and is going to be followed within a few months by the new Nighthold raid.
    4.) The patch also includes new world content like World Quests and a continuation of the Suramar storyline.
    I'm excited.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    The Karazhan Mega-Dungeon is new content that takes place long after the events of the first raid..
    There is absolutely no reference to the fact that we've been there before or that all the bosses in the first half that we fight should be dead.

Count your lucky stars OP, we could have ended up with a Facebook or Tumblr integration patch touted as the biggest content addition yet, least we get something useful and somewhat interesting in the .1 this time around.

They've done it so many times that people have stopped caring. I find it really annoying but what can you do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    There is absolutely no reference to the fact that we've been there before or that all the bosses in the first half that we fight should be dead.
    I was going by the trailer, Moroes's voice over, and the fact that the patch is called "RETURN to Karazhan."