So I know no one plays SV but I wanna do this expansion without playing a ranged hunter. This is a 4th alt for me so Im not gonna try too hard, but are there any good WAs anywhere for a Surv hunter? Or just info about surv in general outside of the icy veins guide? SV just feels weird atm, it feels like Im just gcd capped and so Im hitting everything as they come off cooldown outside of waiting for optimal times to spam Mongoose Bite but trying to track it is weird. Im still leveling tho and this prob wont be more than an alt but still.
    I do not fear death. It's just dreaming in silence.

Deleted
    Stat weights are hard. Sim your character and update your values accordingly. Azor cant really give you stat weights for your gear compared to his... So much blind following

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    Stat weights are hard. Sim your character and update your values accordingly. Azor cant really give you stat weights for your gear compared to his... So much blind following
    This is wrong, misguided advice.

Deleted
    How can it be wrong? You cant value everyones gear at any given time? or am I daydreaming in a world of randomness?

EDIT;
    Why have stat weights changed a few times? If they are a constant, they shouldn't be changing
    Last edited by mmoc96f3bf9e48; 2016-10-10 at 01:59 AM.

Simming your own stat values is going to be misleading most of the time, moreso for the other specs than MM.

The stat weights in the guide are also not based on my gear, as that would be retarded.

Deleted
    Fair enough then, I haven't a clue. I'll keep doing what I've been doing so far. I do like the contributions of both you & effin, so no reason to start a fight over whatever. I'll do stat weights the way I have for a long time, seems to work for me! No need to end up in a debate about it, you likely know more and better than me about all this anyway!

@Azortharion I see you're currently SV, how you finding it, and why? (looked at wowprogress and it's showing you as the #1 dps out of all the sims currently)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Simming your own stat values is going to be misleading most of the time, moreso for the other specs than MM.

The stat weights in the guide are also not based on my gear, as that would be retarded.
    @Azortharion What's your methodology to compute the stats weights?
    Last edited by mmoc57a288f188; 2016-10-10 at 12:28 PM.

Hello,

This my issue with using the pawn string, which item is better?
    Ive been working hard on getting more mastery on all pieces, then a piece like this drops, is it better?
    Is it worth losing the mastery?

https://imgur.com/a/Ql3De
    http://imgur.com/sGKY1rc

Quote Originally Posted by Ajesto View Post
    Hello,

This my issue with using the pawn string, which item is better?
    Ive been working hard on getting more mastery on all pieces, then a piece like this drops, is it better?
    Is it worth losing the mastery?

https://imgur.com/a/Ql3De
    http://imgur.com/sGKY1rc
    Yes? The whole point of the Pawn string is to answer that question for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldare View Post
    Yes? The whole point of the Pawn string is to answer that question for you.
    I get that, so I should follow it blindly? anything that is an upgrade should be used, regardless that I get rid of alot of mastery?

Deleted
    I get that, so I should follow it blindly? anything that is an upgrade should be used, regardless that I get rid of alot of mastery?
    in this case, YES

The socket is what is bumping that 860 piece to be an upgrade.

Without a gem it would be a small downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by PuliGT View Post
    The socket is what is bumping that 860 piece to be an upgrade.

Without a gem it would be a small downgrade.
    Yeah, I get that part.
    But should I blindly follow what the strings tell me? and in cases where its an upgrade, with low mastery, it is still good?

What is the ideal ratio of Mastery, Crit and haste?
    Right now im at 22% mastery, If i equip this piece, I go down to 20% mastery.
    And I will be up to 28% crit again.

Thanks for any answers, I am very confused about whats "ideal"

The string does absolutely not tell you the optimal ratio.

Random question, do you guys think that Sidewinders will be the to-go-to talent through Legion? I really dont like that gameplay.

Deleted
    Hi Azor,

I have a +1 relic upgrade on my MM artifact. My existing +45 is Precision and my as yet unequipped +46 is Deadly Aim.

I'm studying your sims for this and just want to confirm I'm working this out correctly. Your sims:

• The gain of +1 relic ilevel to +2 = 1,738 dps
    • The gain of +2 relic ilevel to +3 = 1,998 dps
    • The gain of +3 relic ilevel to +4 = 1,723 dps
    • Average gain of +1 is ~1,820
    • The gain of Precision over Deadly Aim is 3,775 dps

Therefore it is better to keep +45 Precision than +46 Deadly Aim.

Is the above correct?

edit: I'm also a little confused why Precision ranks so highly. Windrunner's Guidance is a flat +3% damage increase of Marked Shot while Precision is only +3% crit chance - why would Precision be worth more when it doesn't sound like it should be?
    Last edited by mmoc96d1bd04ef; 2016-10-10 at 03:23 PM. Reason: added edit

Yeah that's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiez View Post

edit: I'm also a little confused why Precision ranks so highly. Windrunner's Guidance is a flat +3% damage increase of Marked Shot while Precision is only +3% crit chance - why would Precision be worth more when it doesn't sound like it should be?
    It ranks less than 100 DPS higher, not a wild increase.