Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Russia, like the US, is neither a good guy or a bad guy, they are a country acting in their own self interest with little concern for the damage they cause in their quest to do so.
    I belive this has been explained to Ulmita several times, yet he doesnt get it, he lives in a bubble of heroes and villains.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Russia, like the US, is neither a good guy or a bad guy, they are a country acting in their own self interest with little concern for the damage they cause in their quest to do so.
    Then why should we care when anything undermines the US' position in the world? If you want to rule the planet and be the King of the Castle, being Joffrey Baratheon isn't a good way to keep yourself on the throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    If we put that graph in context it shows me that Russian economic growth is entirely dependent on oil. What specific policy did Putin implemented that aided that growth?
    If you put it in the right context, the entire global economy is entirely dependent on oil:

The point is not to claim that Putin is personally responsible for Russia's economy (any more than Obama or Bush are responsible for America's) but to point out that, for the average Russian, prosperity has coincided with Putin's reign. Whether that's a lucky (for Putin) coincidence or the product of some degree of administrative skill is rather a moot point when it comes to connecting that prosperity to his popularity.

As for what policies he put in place connected to that... there's,
    -taking the oil away from the oligarchs
    -taking the oil away from Islamic separatists
    -taking the oil away from more oligarchs

and most recently,
    -taking the oil away from Ukraine. I suspect those are probably related, but couldn't say for certain.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    All a ceasefire does is allow both sides to rearm and get more supplies. That and ceasefires that the UN creates have always failed.
    The ceasefire on the Korean peninsula has been holding for over half a century.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    the ceasefire on the korean peninsula has been holding for over half a century.
    pls dont use facts on internet!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Then why should we care when anything undermines the US' position in the world? If you want to rule the planet and be the King of the Castle, being Joffrey Baratheon isn't a good way to keep yourself on the throne.
    That depends if it is in the best interest of your own country or not.

That depends if it is in the best interest of your own country or not.
    Watching USA crash and burn is in everyone's best interest. No more wars for oil and opium.

@ the question to why Russia and China are in the security council: because they are world powers, the point of the UN was to avoid another world war like we saw in the 1940's I think were seeing the pact work at doing what it was intended to do; to NOT allow another large scale global conflict. working as intended.

though at the same time, if America just sits back and allows Russia to keep digging its own grave in terms of international politics as opposed to our current approach of confrontation through third parties (Syria) I think either way at this current trajectory only leads to more human suffering in the third world.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2016-10-10 at 08:53 AM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Why do you foreigners always bring in the sectarian component into any Muslim related fighting? The reason I ask is that Assad has a lot of Sunnis on his side. Specifically from the Damascus region. There is nothing sectarian about this conflict unlike Iraq.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    Why do you foreigners always bring in the sectarian component into any Muslim related fighting? The reason I ask is that Assad has a lot of Sunnis on his side. Specifically from the Damascus region. There is nothing sectarian about this conflict unlike Iraq.
    Basically the western media and governments are trying to paint it as "evil dictator brutally crushes popular uprising that has the support of the people", if they told the truth, that it's Assad who has the support of most of the people and that the "rebels" are mostly extremists then they wouldn't be able to sell their bombing campaigns to their citizens as well.

Basically the western media and governments are trying to paint it as "evil dictator brutally crushes popular uprising that has the support of the people", if they told the truth, that it's Assad who has the support of most of the people and that the "rebels" are mostly extremists then they wouldn't be able to sell their bombing campaigns to their citizens as well.
    That I agree with. As a Muslim whenever the Saudis back a certain actor in a region, my natural reaction is to say well we now know who the terrorists are. The Free Syrian Army is small and insignificant. The Terrorists and I do mean terrorists the ones fighting in areas like Aleppo and Homs. These men are basically the Syrian version of the Taliban.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    If you put it in the right context, the entire global economy is entirely dependent on oil:

Or: The price, usage and production (growth) of oil (and energy) depends on the growth/state of the economy. Pretty much those two (three) are interlocked - and its a complex issue for sure (f.e. the changes in transportation, industrial management, commerce, infrastructure - at least in Europe, where i have a little knowledge about it - are interesting and will be more interesting in the future - or not, time will tell ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Nah, it would be more accurate to say that you are brain washed by Washigton's propaganda machine and FOX.
    Some info to get your facts straight:

Last ceasefire was made possible by Russia. Pentagon had objected to it publicly in a big way.
    Russia had in the past stopped the bombings and gave people of Aleppo several days to flee city by creating humanitarian corridors.
    Even now Russia and Assad said to Al Nursa to flee Aleppo and they even allowed them to keep their weapons
    Even now Russia is pushing for another ceasefire but USA rejects.

Russia has been calling USA to distinguish FSA from Al Nursa and USA REJECTS. That's because there will not be enough left to fight.

USA is siding with terrorists to achieve their geopolitical goals. Russia are the good guys, you are the bad. Its ok though if you are sleeping, some of you are awake.

- - - Updated - - -

If they start killing them, they should be afraid. Otherwise, there is no reason.
    So ignore everything I said, give me a "no u" and toss some twitter pics in there for good measure. The art of the Putinista ladies and gentlemen.

- - - Updated - - -

What are Shia militias doing in Syria then? I'd love an explanation on what you think Iran and its subordinates are doing there if the conflict has nothing to do with sectarianism.

That I agree with. As a Muslim whenever the Saudis back a certain actor in a region, my natural reaction is to say well we now know who the terrorists are. The Free Syrian Army is small and insignificant. The Terrorists and I do mean terrorists the ones fighting in areas like Aleppo and Homs. These men are basically the Syrian version of the Taliban.
    Don't say things like that, you will wake downnola up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Everyone doesn't have veto right, it's only the security council's permanent members (USA, UK, China, France, Russia) that can use veto to block resolutions.
    These are the countries with nuclear weapon.

This explains why countries are willing to starve its people to death, yet to develop nuclear weapon.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    I'd love an explanation on what you think Iran and its subordinates are doing there if the conflict has nothing to do with sectarianism.
    Generally speaking when Sunni's are fighting for all three sides that should be pretty obvious that it's a non-sectarian civil war.

Hell there are Christians from the UK/US/Russia and Jews from Israel attacking the Sunni ISIS, who are attacking the Sunni "rebels", who are also being attacked by the Christian Russians, and both the Sunni ISIS/"rebels" are attacking the Sunni/Christian/Jewish Syria loyalists, who are being backed up by Shia Iranians.

Sounds pretty non-sectarian to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally speaking when Sunni's are fighting for all three sides that should be pretty obvious that it's a non-sectarian civil war.

Hell there are Christians from the UK/US/Russia and Jews from Israel attacking the Sunni ISIS, who are attacking the Sunni "rebels", who are also being attacked by the Christian Russians, and both the Sunni ISIS/"rebels" are attacking the Sunni/Christian/Jewish Syria loyalists, who are being backed up by Shia Iranians.

Sounds pretty non-sectarian to me.
    It's almost like ISIS makes enemies out of everyone, including other Sunnis!

The lengths you guys will go to avoid recognizing Iran's attempt to spread their influence all over the region while placing all the blame on Saudi Arabi are endless it seems.

Guys go back playing WoW. You need to farm your artifact power and World Quests.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like ISIS makes enemies out of everyone, including other Sunnis!
    Indeed lol.

The lengths you guys will go to avoid recognizing Iran's attempt to spread their influence all over the region while placing all the blame on Saudi Arabi are endless it seems.
    Iran were allies with Syria before the US backed rebels or ISIS arrived on the scene, so they aren't really spreading anything.
    Last edited by caervek; 2016-10-10 at 02:57 PM.

Iran were allies with Syria before the US backed rebels or ISIS arrived on the scene, so they aren't really spreading anything.
    This guy can NOT understand the concept of alliance... We've tried to explain him several times that Russia, Iran are allies of Syria and are there with its permissions while on the contrary USA and co are an illegal invading force and he just can't get it. Maybe we should try sign language or something.