Deleted
    Yesterday i did an hc, and there was this frost DK doing a ton of dmg, not only cleave but ST too on bosses. (halls of valor)

What caught my eye though was his build, he had diferent talents than what people sugest on icy veins and other YT guides and here on mmoc.

His most dmging skill was Frost strike both strikes(MH/OH) and on bosses i believe the 3rd was obliterate.

On trash howling blast, he had so much dmg on howling blast, jesus.

he had Shattering stikes, pulse, icecap, RA and GA
    Ilvl 855

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    Yesterday i did an hc, and there was this frost DK doing a ton of dmg, not only cleave but ST too on bosses. (halls of valor)

What caught my eye though was his build, he had diferent talents than what people sugest on icy veins and other YT guides and here on mmoc.

His most dmging skill was Frost strike both strikes(MH/OH) and on bosses i believe the 3rd was obliterate.

On trash howling blast, he had so much dmg on howling blast, jesus.

he had Shattering stikes, pulse, icecap, RA and GA
    Ilvl 855
    That's not a weird build, it's just that people completely undervalue Obliterate builds because everyone is "muh machinegun frostscythe" on the internets lately when Obliterate builds are just as good, and are even better when you don't have high crit. Icecap is actually slightly better for 5mans because you can basically use it twice during bossfights if dps is high. Avalanche loses some value in this case, even if it's better for raiding overall.

Shattering Strikes is supposedly marginally better than Icy Talons if he has a ton of mastery.

Even if he has god Rime procs, Howling blast should still lose to Frostscythe for cleave and aoe.

I'm averaging about 300k-ish on single target boss fights with Obliterate on 860-ish ilvl. I'm using Avalanche though because I can line PoF with Faulty Countermeasure.

Deleted
    Frost is pulling of some decent damage atm. In EN Heroic, most of the fights I pull of ~300k. All the cleaving bosses are above 315k+ raw single with flask and food buffs 280k minimum (Ursoc). Strength is by far the most important stat. I'm stacking crit to atleast 30-35%+ Haste is good but it's also makes FP hard to control. I would say mastery is real good. Especially when you get the legendary bracers. But we're not even close to other classes and their ST, which sux hard.

Armory: Saynthebeast - Tarren Mill

Unleash the beast!

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Proud of you son :')

- - - Updated - - -

BTW have you guys noticed they nerfed Sindragosa's Fury big time? It does like only 1 mil per target for me with all procs and cds up, and I'm like 865.
    Not sure when you noticed this, but I had a few 3.3m Crits last night durning Cenarius (1 shot my self a few times on thorns on accident after it 2x crit/cleared AMS)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    We got this boys
    I noticed you still use Icecap instead avalanche. According to Icy-Veins, we want to use avalanche for more damage?

Edit: Also, you do different than icy-veins guide. Like enchant and gem is crit instead haste from icy-veins guide..
    Last edited by Daedhrognir; 2016-10-10 at 11:25 PM.

http://imgur.com/a/0VItH My Character Sheet

With these stats can I go frost, i've been unholy but have thrown enough ap to get the first two golden dragons.

Also whats this obliterate build I am hearing about? Better ST? I love frost and if I can at least get close to unholy, i'd switch.

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGrazer View Post

With these stats can I go frost, i've been unholy but have thrown enough ap to get the first two golden dragons.

Also whats this obliterate build I am hearing about? Better ST? I love frost and if I can at least get close to unholy, i'd switch.
    You're fine for frost....With your gear you can probably go Machine gun OR Obliterate/RA on a fight by fight basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedhrognir View Post
    I noticed you still use Icecap instead avalanche. According to Icy-Veins, we want to use avalanche for more damage?

Edit: Also, you do different than icy-veins guide. Like enchant and gem is crit instead haste from icy-veins guide..
    IcyVeins is a silly place =)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGrazer View Post

gear is fine, try and replace the trinkets with Countermeasure/Unstable Crystal or Memento

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    IcyVeins is a silly place =)

Interesting to know your opinion. So what is your suggest about stat priority, enchant, gem, talent, and etc?

I like to know what your play style and opinion in frost DK.

Of course keep it up. From I see that you did great. That's why I asked and like to be like you XD

Edit: I am only play WoW since last year and play death knight since April and love it and tried to be great at it.

Deleted
    I have a general question, if you don't mind.

Planning to switch specs from Unholy and wanted to ask about general feelings about Frost rotation. Does it feel smooth? I feel that Unholy is quite complex if compared to some other specs in the game (Hunters). How is Frost doing in complexity field? Is it learnable in one week? To make my UH rotation good, I had to spend quite some while.

Deleted
    So, I got Sephuz's Secret ring on my frost DK alt today. Seems really good on m+ trash. Any way to trigger it on bosses though?

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    That's not a weird build, it's just that people completely undervalue Obliterate builds because everyone is "muh machinegun frostscythe" on the internets lately when Obliterate builds are just as good, and are even better when you don't have high crit. Icecap is actually slightly better for 5mans because you can basically use it twice during bossfights if dps is high. Avalanche loses some value in this case, even if it's better for raiding overall.

Shattering Strikes is supposedly marginally better than Icy Talons if he has a ton of mastery.

Even if he has god Rime procs, Howling blast should still lose to Frostscythe for cleave and aoe.

I'm averaging about 300k-ish on single target boss fights with Obliterate on 860-ish ilvl. I'm using Avalanche though because I can line PoF with Faulty Countermeasure.
    I am desperately looking for a guide that is NOT a machine gun build. Anyone got tips? Maybe Nemesquish could educate us?

Quote Originally Posted by Turil View Post
    I am desperately looking for a guide that is NOT a machine gun build.
    haste + Obliterate + RA ?

I m asking too much here a think, since blizzard decided to bury DK specs for good, but don't you think guys that relics shouldn't get destroyed after you replace them?
    I mean, now the talents you are selecting are bound to the relics you have and vice versa, but when you need to swap one talent (basically FSc - RA) back and forth, you also need to replace the respective relics.

I think it will be a good change by blizzard to make relics replaceable like every other item (see it like weapon trinkets :P)...

I actually agree that relics should be replaceable and not destroyed. As a whole, I'm not a huge fan of the Relic system at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ant13 View Post
    I m asking too much here a think, since blizzard decided to bury DK specs for good, but don't you think guys that relics shouldn't get destroyed after you replace them?
    I mean, now the talents you are selecting are bound to the relics you have and vice versa, but when you need to swap one talent (basically FSc - RA) back and forth, you also need to replace the respective relics.

I think it will be a good change by blizzard to make relics replaceable like every other item (see it like weapon trinkets :P)...
    The difference between any two given relics (same ilvl) is small enough that I'm not bothered by them being destroyed. There aren't any relics that only are useful with a given talent, so nothing is being wasted, it's just slightly less optimal.

I'd put this in the same category as gems. It would also be nice to not have gems destroyed, especially if you are testing different builds. But its hardly gamebreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Icedcoffeee View Post
    The difference between any two given relics (same ilvl) is small enough that I'm not bothered by them being destroyed. There aren't any relics that only are useful with a given talent, so nothing is being wasted, it's just slightly less optimal.

I'd put this in the same category as gems. It would also be nice to not have gems destroyed, especially if you are testing different builds. But its hardly gamebreaking.
    But gems are gold and relics are drops. You could be exceptionally unlucky on relic drops...I still have an 825 shadow relic in my blades because I can't even get an 840 one to drop when I do get into mythic groups.

Quote Originally Posted by iomind View Post
    So, I got Sephuz's Secret ring on my frost DK alt today. Seems really good on m+ trash. Any way to trigger it on bosses though?
    Only on bosses where they spawn adds and are not immune to loss of control. Some that I am aware off: DHT(1st&3rd through egg), BRH(1st&2nd), CoS(1st&2nd), HoV(3rd,4th&5th), EoA(1st), VoW(1st&2nd), Arcway(Spider & Felguy). NL(3rd), MoS(1st&2nd fragemnts).

I can't confirm if they all are immune to a specific loss of control, but those listed aren't immune to stun as far as I can remember.

Also if you are belf, arcane torrents procs it too making belfs racial probably one of the best if you do have it.
    Last edited by taiuke; 2016-10-11 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icedcoffeee View Post

The difference between 3% more armor and 5% more critical damage on OB/FSc is far from trivial.

Gems/enchants can be replaced at will. One is at the complete mercy of RNG with relics, and considering how large an impact they can have it would be a very nice change to be able to swap out AOE for ST relics as needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    The difference between 3% more armor and 5% more critical damage on OB/FSc is far from trivial.

Gems/enchants can be replaced at will. One is at the complete mercy of RNG with relics, and considering how large an impact they can have it would be a very nice change to be able to swap out AOE for ST relics as needed.
    No please. Another level of elitisim? Nope nope nope.

I don't want to see anybody being bitched about not having the "correct" relic for %1 more damage/healing. The example you mention which is armor vs damage is quite irrelevant, only to prove yourself right, aside from levelling I haven't seen any armor relic in max level content for Frost.