Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    At this point I'm feeling pretty confident that paladins only get Life or Iron relics in their WQ. Int trinkets too.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably for most, but for ret the crusade relics are worth more than ilvl in some cases. I'm not sure the exact stat weight, but that trait is a huge dps increase.
    Should probably make sure you hold onto the high ilvl ones, as I doubt Blizzard intends for it to stay this way (and will likely nerf the AW trait).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    It's not a big deal to have a trait that isn't perfect.
    Some traits (such as the aforementioned Avenging Wrath trait, 2.5 sec per point, a huge amount when coupled with the Crusade talent) are fairly big DPS boosts, and they compete with traits such as increasing the healing of Flash of Light or reducing the duration of Forbearance.

Most of the time yes, ilvl of relic > trait of relic - but not always.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    It's my understanding that ilvl>traits.
    For some specs... Druid for example. Resto, ilvl > all. Feral, 10 ilvl before it's worth dropping a rip relic.

For Outlaw rogues there are essentially 2 good traits you want on your relics, they're almost equally good and before the nerfs they were worth about 60ilvl vs the worst traits. So right now I just switched out an 845relic with a bad trait for a 815 with a good one.
    But I don't see it as a bad thing, it's like searching for gear with perfects stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I haven't seen a holy artifact drop or come up on a WQ in almost 3 weeks now. My ret 2nd slot is stuck with a green 780 relic and it's starting to get old.
    Really? My friend and I had about 3 pop up this past week alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    It's my understanding that ilvl>traits.
    For some classes, like Vengeance DH. For some others, like Enhance and Outlaw, the right trait is worth losing 30-60 ilvls over, because the traits are that imbalanced

I think the biggest frustration with relics is the whole 'should I change my loot spec for off spec relics or perhaps not because of this horrible legendary system'?

Deleted
    As a mage I can only say: NL run 2000, still no relic -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    For some classes, like Vengeance DH. For some others, like Enhance and Outlaw, the right trait is worth losing 30-60 ilvls over, because the traits are that imbalanced
    Wow, bro easy on that
    For enha shamies:
    When considering relics, item level is generally your go to choice. However, some traits have additional value currently. Wind Strikes is equivalent to 4 additional weapon Ilvls, Weapons of the Elements is 2, and lastly Wind Surge is variable between 1 and 1.5 extra.

^ Source is Wordups guide, he is like our shaman jesus:
    http://www.wowhead.com/guides/classe...hancement/gear

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    It's been about 2 weeks since I saw a relic with the right trait, been running heroics and mythic plus everyday. Having a relic to drop is not easy, not to mention one with the right trait. The traits are so important that even if one is 10 item level higher than the other, is useless, if it has a useless trait. So the dungeons will not drop one for me, WQs will not either, either they are for the other spec or they never come up with the right traits.
    Eh?

For most specs its like this.
    10 ilvls higher. Ilvl > trait
    5 ilvls higher. trait > ilvl.

^Pretty sure ppl are referring to the ilvl of the relic, not the ilvl increase that it gives your artifact.

i simply love how the ui tells you ilvl > all, but if you actually gear up according to that youll gimp yourself to the point of complete uselessness and wonder how can people pull 400k while youre stuck at 150k in 870 gear.

I used to be OK with the RNG element to gearing, but now I'm of the opinion that it can die in a tire fire. It doesn't matter how many hours you put into the game right now, RNG can seriously fuck you over whilst others are lucky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I used to be OK with the RNG element to gearing, but now I'm of the opinion that it can die in a tire fire. It doesn't matter how many hours you put into the game right now, RNG can seriously fuck you over whilst others are lucky.
    Find guild, do raids, item will drop eventually, if you loose it to your guild mate, you will get it next time.. profit.
    It always been like that.

If your guildie is lucky with insane rng loot, good, he will boost your raid.

Now you also have options or possibilities to get raid quality loot outside of raid and its bad cause it is RNG?
    You dont have to do it at all.

God, you can ding today, get crafted gear, instant 850 gear, with best stats (which is huge thing), only have to work on artifact knowledge and farm AP, and there is almost no RNG. DO class hall to unlock 3rd trait, meanwhile get every relic you cen get, and there are plenty 830-840 (WQ,hc,myth..) ones, while you are waiting for class hall missions.
    CG you are now ready for HC raiding, in like 2 weeks, yet these QQ threads about rng..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Really? My friend and I had about 3 pop up this past week alone.
    I've had almost exclusively iron relics now for 3 weeks and 1or 2 life relics. I've tried to coin holy in LFR, I've done single queue heroics 3-4 days a week trying to target one to drop. I could always buy an 805 off the AH but it's not worth 5k gold, -and with my luck one would drop the next day. I would like to see WQ maybe try to change things up based on your spec. If I'm holy give me holy/life artifacts, if I want to go rest change those to be more spec specific.

I dont understand this. People have been complaining for years that gearing up happens to quickly. They miss the days of old when a 40 man raid boss dropped 3 items. "GEAR FELT MEANINGFUL" when you got it..."herp derp"

Blizzard finally gives in and adds some things back into the game like that and everyone just complains when RNG doesnt fall in their favor.

There is literally zero winning with this community.
    Last edited by Shullski; 2016-10-11 at 05:15 PM.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by battle View Post
    i've looted maybe 50% more iron and arcane relics from WQs than Fel and shadow for my demon hunter... quite demotivating to get a 860 relic for your tank spec... almost every time
    The game wants you to tank.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    im dps and i keep getting traits that boost my hp
    Sure you are a dps but the amount of pure dmg you get from an ilvl upgrade on a relic 99% of the time outways the trait that is on the relic. This is even more of a thing for physical dmg dealing spec where the weapon dps matters so much. So please can we stop the I didn't get the perfect trait on my relic circle jerk?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I've had almost exclusively iron relics now for 3 weeks and 1or 2 life relics. I've tried to coin holy in LFR, I've done single queue heroics 3-4 days a week trying to target one to drop. I could always buy an 805 off the AH but it's not worth 5k gold, -and with my luck one would drop the next day. I would like to see WQ maybe try to change things up based on your spec. If I'm holy give me holy/life artifacts, if I want to go rest change those to be more spec specific.
    Eh, if it did that then people would just get what they want and be done. Usually the WQ on trinkets / relics try to go for your offspec to help you gear it out as in raids you'll be getting primary only usually. So it makes sense overall. Sucks for those who don't use their offspec though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    This is completely wrong. When it comes to enhance the most that its worth losing ilvl for a good trait is 4 ilvls for wind strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Noremis View Post
    Find guild, do raids, item will drop eventually, if you loose it to your guild mate, you will get it next time.. profit.
    It always been like that.

If your guildie is lucky with insane rng loot, good, he will boost your raid.

Now you also have options or possibilities to get raid quality loot outside of raid and its bad cause it is RNG?
    You dont have to do it at all.

God, you can ding today, get crafted gear, instant 850 gear, with best stats (which is huge thing), only have to work on artifact knowledge and farm AP, and there is almost no RNG. DO class hall to unlock 3rd trait, meanwhile get every relic you cen get, and there are plenty 830-840 (WQ,hc,myth..) ones, while you are waiting for class hall missions.
    CG you are now ready for HC raiding, in like 2 weeks, yet these QQ threads about rng..
    You can defend the system until you turn blue, I'll still prefer the systems we had before now that I've actually experienced the RNG element. You also don't have to preach to me about how guildies getting lucky boosts the team or any of that. No matter how much they contribute, it's not a good sensation being left in the dust performance-wise and dragging others down because you haven't been half as lucky with drops. To me it's not about wanting more epix, it's about having LUCK decide who performs better, even if the players are close or equal in terms of performance.

Some people have 3 legendaries or more and will have 2 equipped soon, others have none. Some people have multiple maxed titanforged pieces, others have 1 or 2 pieces at 870 from doing the exact same content as the ones that have been more lucky.

I'll take quality over quantity ANY day, thank you very much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shullski View Post
    I dont understand this. People have been complaining for years that gearing up happens to quickly. They miss the days of old when a 40 man raid boss dropped 3 items. "GEAR FELT MEANINGFUL" when you got it..."herp derp"

Blizzard finally gives in and adds some things back into the game like that and everyone just complains when RNG doesnt fall in their favor.

There is literally zero winning with this community.
    Who says it's the same people complaining or raising concerns...?
    And Classic offered RNG in drops, not on POWER of said drops. You either got a piece that was awesome to you, or you didn't.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-10-11 at 11:00 PM.