Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

If China/Russia vs USA happened, would you fight?

There is speculation that this could happen soon. With supposed 40mil people doing a test evacuation from one side of the country to another in Russia, people are saying it's no drill.

So if WW3 were to basically happen, would you support your country, whether it was USA, China, Russia?

Nah, Muslims are the main concern in the world right now. Russia and China already have to worry about them at their doorstep. If we end up fighting them its because we sided with Turkey which i will not agree with.

Deleted
    I dont like losing, so i'd fight on the American side of course.

7+ Year Old Account
    Having to physically fight in that scenario would be the least of my worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you could somehow neutralize nukes, you have a better chance being part of the fight. Also countries drill all the time because you don't know what you don't know until you go through the motions. Don't want to be a real emergency and have no plan.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Nah, Muslims are the main concern in the world right now. Russia and China already have to worry about them at their doorstep. If we end up fighting them its because we sided with Turkey which i will not agree with.
    At all. ISIS is a trivial threat, except for Muslims in general and for minorities in the area in parrticular. (because, once again, for each Westerner they kill, they kill at least 50 Sunnis, Shias, Yazidi, Assyrian or Kurd)

The worst terrorist attacks except 9/11 (this is not an excuse), are the equivalent of an ordinary day in Syria or Iraq.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-10-11 at 09:04 PM.

Well China is our largest trading partner. I suppose we'd have to help them whip the Russians. I assume the fight would be over China's claim to part of Siberia? The part of Siberia where everyone looks Chinese?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I would go further north and build an igloo. Screw fighting someone else's war over an imaginary boogeyman.

And for the record, at least two, and presumably three, of the global powers involved would use nukes when losing.

Starting a war would require the starting part to have an end goal, and neither side can achieve an end goal thats acceptable, MAD is still very much viable, it's really not much different than the cold war atm, get used to it, but I honestly wouldnt worry too much.

Deleted
    Live in London so would probably take a nuke to the face. I'd like to think Croydon would be ground zero. I'd defo nuke it if I could.

I'd probably be involuntarily recalled from medical retirement, so I imagine I would be fighting. Currently I am a member of a veterans organization that helps train up ROTC students prior to commission so I guess I' hope I'd just stay working in that capacity.

For what ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Live in London so would probably take a nuke to the face. I'd like to think Croydon would be ground zero. I'd defo nuke it if I could.
    There's a movie called Threads that shows the aftermath of such a thing. Pretty gutwrenching movie to watch actually.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    There's a movie called Threads that shows the aftermath of such a thing. Pretty gutwrenching movie to watch actually.
    There is a wonderful movie made in the 80's that goes over what a world with nuclear war would look like called "the day after"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I would join SpaceX and leave for Mars.
    ^ This is the only correct response to the proposed level of idiocy actually coming to fruition.

Fortunately the only people 'speculating that this could happen soon', get their foreign policy and geopolitical strategy from playing too much Call of Duty.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I'd strongly consider joining the RAN, if they'd have me.

That said, I wouldn't think Russia to be a serious threat. A modernized Chinese military would be a very serious threat, but the Russians simply don't have the force projection or the positioning to be a big deal.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Chances are that I'd be within in a nuclear blast zone so I'm going to say no

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I would join SpaceX and leave for Mars.
    Get blasted with raditation doing that shit too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Get blasted with raditation doing that shit too.
    Space Radiation gives superpowers though, so in the worst case scenario we come back as giant rock monster dudes.

Nuclear war radiation is the Oprah of giving out free cancer
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter