Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    In Overwatch players that repeatedly leave during competitive matches get banned from competitive play for the rest of the season and get no competitive points. A similar system should be implemented in WoW for mythic+ dungeons - if you repeatedly leave mythic+, you are suspended from entering any mythic+ (be it your own keystone or anyone else's) for a few weeks, and receive no loot from your order hall loot box for the week that the suspension begins.

It doesn't matter whether you're legitimately disconnecting or being a douche and ragequitting - if you leave a mythic+ group, you are wasting 15-20 minutes of that group's time and wasting an -entire week- of keystone use for the key holder.

If it's any other dungeon difficulty, leaving is no big deal because you can find someone else to replace the person who left. In mythic+, if the tank or healer leaves, they're screwing over the entire group and they should face severe consequences for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Fine. A 1 day ban.
    Your an ignorant shithead, you do realize that, a 1 day ban, its retarded. If my group is shit Im not going to hang around for 40+ minutes when it should be done in 20. Your out of this world and is litterly only shit posting here. Also the internet shit, you do know its OUT OF MY CONTROL, if my ISP gets DDOS'ed, *cough* Blizzard provider Telia got DDOS'ed, that also went to normal costumers of Telia.

The fire, do you know how a fire even starts, oh wait, you don't understand how a fire even starts. A fire can happen for no good reason at all. Your Drier machine can burst into flames because of something went wrong with the design.

[INFRACTED]
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2016-10-12 at 12:20 AM.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Deserter buff should stack and double each time, half for every month you go without a desertion.

It's not a terrible problem, imho, but those few bad seeds pretty much have impunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Your an ignorant shithead, you do realize that, a 1 day ban, its retarded. If my group is shit Im not going to hang around for 40+ minutes when it should be done in 20. Your out of this world and is litterly only shit posting here. Also the internet shit, you do know its OUT OF MY CONTROL, if my ISP gets DDOS'ed, *cough* Blizzard provider Telia got DDOS'ed, that also went to normal costumers of Telia.

The fire, do you know how a fire even starts, oh wait, you don't understand how a fire even starts. A fire can happen for no good reason at all. Your Drier machine can burst into flames because of something went wrong with the design.
    No need to insult someone with a different opinion to you dude. If you are willing to actually debate with me without resorting to insults then I'm happy to. As I said people have posted better ideas than mine of how a penalty system could be implemented for actual problems such as people purposely afking to ruin the timer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Deserter buff should stack and double each time, half for every month you go without a desertion.

It's not a terrible problem, imho, but those few bad seeds pretty much have impunity.
    Indeed. Punish the bad apples and the system will get better.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-11 at 10:04 PM.

No need to insult someone with a different opinion to you dude. If you are willing to actually debate with me without resorting to insults then I'm happy to. As I said people have posted better ideas than mine of how a penalty system could be implemented for actual problems such as people purposely afking to ruin the timer.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed. Punish the bad apples and the system will get better.
    Post bad ''punishments'' for something that shouldn't be PUNISHABLE in the FIRST place. Its NOT pug content, why you people want a punishment and is crying over it actively is over my head. Get friends/guilds to do it with if you want to complete it. But with your logic, as long as I do the instance no punishment to me, sure I will join and just only auto attack and use aimed shot on my hunter without ever using sidewinders. Since im clearly not as useless as a leaver.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Post bad ''punishments'' for something that shouldn't be PUNISHABLE in the FIRST place. Its NOT pug content, why you people want a punishment and is crying over it actively is over my head. Get friends/guilds to do it with if you want to complete it. But with your logic, as long as I do the instance no punishment to me, sure I will join and just only auto attack and use aimed shot on my hunter without ever using sidewinders. Since im clearly not as useless as a leaver.
    So you find it ok to ruin someones run deliberately by not playing your class optimally? Can't say I agree with that personally.

Deleted
    Just leave your comfort zone and try to add more people to your friendlist etc. Pugs are always risky, the higher the content the higher the risk to get shitty players or elitist pricks. Besides that, there are sometimes reasons why people quit a grp which shouldn't be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    Just leave your comfort zone and try to add more people to your friendlist etc. Pugs are always risky, the higher the content the higher the risk to get shitty players or elitist pricks. Besides that, there are sometimes reasons why people quit a grp which shouldn't be punished.
    Agreed but if someone lets say stands there especially a healer and afks to ruin your keystone is that fair yes or no?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    If you can get "deserter" for leaving runs, I think it should be appropriate to have that character locked out from mythic+ runs for the remainder of that week. I think this should only be in enforced when a player voluntarily leaves and not from a disconnect.
    You could game that though, and instead of leaving, just alt+f4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed but if someone lets say stands there especially a healer and afks to ruin your keystone is that fair yes or no?
    Yes.

AFK is a kickable reason, but not a punishable offence.

- - - Updated - - -

Your Drier machine can burst into flames because of something went wrong with the design.
    It could be from Samsung.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Yes.

AFK is a kickable reason, but not a punishable offence.

- - - Updated - - -

It could be from Samsung.
    But they sat there on purpose to ruin your keystone. I'd say that is a punishable offense imo. Also Heheheh Samsung

Quote Originally Posted by Lyaelan View Post
    I think the healer should be fined his or her mythic key for the next month if it could be proved that he left for no good reason
    I am a healer and I never use my own key. I think I used it twice ever.

They should just make it so a keystone doesn't deplete until the run has been finished. You wouldn't be able to abuse it for loot anyways so I don't see why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    But they sat there on purpose to ruin your keystone.
    You need to be able to prove "intention", "I think he did this to ruin it for me" is NOT evidence. Unless he was saying that in chatlog "I am going AFK to ruin it for you", otherwise he will get benefit of the doubt, and will be treated as he needed to AFK for personal reason, which again, is a good enough reason for kicking, but not a punishable offence.

Also Heheheh Samsung
    http://wccftech.com/samsung-washing-machine-explodes/

It actually happened.

You need to be able to prove "intention", "I think he did this to ruin it for me" is NOT evidence. Unless he was saying that in chatlog "I am going AFK to ruin it for you", otherwise he will get benefit of the doubt, and will be treated as he needed to AFK for personal reason, which again, is a good enough reason for kicking, but not a punishable offence.

http://wccftech.com/samsung-washing-machine-explodes/

It actually happened.
    Holy fucking shit. Phones and Washers. I thought you were kidding

Deleted
    ofc not. I just wanted to help a guild mate with a +5 key a few minutes ago. We needed a random tank, invited one, he fked up the first pulls by pulling 3 grps together, then bragged about he just died because there was no readycheck and that he does this all the time, said something like "have fun with depleted key" and left.
    Sure, this sucks...but I still don't believe deserter is the answer. Like he would care if he couldn't get invited for 30 minutes. Or one hour.

The only solution I can think of is like I mentioned just stepping up our social skills and get to know more people. It worked back in the days when there wasn't crossrealm, when you just knew your peeps if you were looking for tanks, dps etc. And even while it sucks when people leave for no reason and fk up your key, I think it is a good thing that at least in my guild and on my server people start to group up again and do more stuff with guys from their own realm, or nice people they met and just added to their fl for things like mythic+ etc.

Your an ignorant shithead, you do realize that, a 1 day ban, its retarded. If my group is shit Im not going to hang around for 40+ minutes when it should be done in 20.
    Its NOT pug content, why you people want a punishment and is crying over it actively is over my head. Get friends/guilds to do it with if you want to complete it.
    Solid argument champ and here I was thinking the education system wasn't that lacking in Denmark.
    Don't see the problem even that cancerous piece of shit csgo has punishments in place if you happen to do it often enough this isn't some fucking court soap opera.
    Personally I try not to bother playing anything unless I can get a full stack of people I know to at least be able to sit for 40 minutes which seems to be quite the task with whole populations suffering from add or downs or whatever but I still see no sound argument why you wasting the time of others should be some sort of protection worthy privilege.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-10-12 at 12:15 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had a tank leave a + mid-run about a week ago. So it's not only healers. But yep it sucks. I was healing and dps was a bit slow so the tank didn't think they'd hit the timer about 2/3 of the way through and left. Wasted a good 30 minutes between getting there and the partial run.

DC's have caused problems in them too, since especially as you go higher someone dc'ing just for a minute or two can be the difference between hitting the timer and not. I'm not sure what the solution for either the dc or leaving issue is with +, but it makes me always think twice before doing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom2040 View Post
    "Always have a group with four people that you know" is not a solution.
    People are still treating mythic+7, mythic+10 as pug content. That's a pretty huge mistake. You -can- pug them just as you can pug people into mythic raids but you cannot expect a high level of quality from a random person that you met 30 seconds ago! If you're not happy with the people that you are grouped with then you don't need to use your keystone and even if you do and there is a run-breaking problem it's not a big deal.

Having the hardest difficulty of any content trivialized to be easily puggable would be a shame, really. You don't see 100 threads with people complaining that a healer left and ruined their mythic nythendra kill. You've already done the dungeon on normal, heroic, mythic and 6 previous levels of mythic+ by the time that you get to +7, at some point there will be a difficulty option that requires trustworthy players. You can artificially remove it, but that's just making your game worse.

There are a few keystone behaviors that could be improved but PUG difficulty is just inherant to difficult and rewarding content; it's not "fixable".

People are not used to any difficulty setting of dungeons fitting this critera after multiple expansions of irrelevant dungeons; that's a player expectation issue rather than a game design problem.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2016-10-12 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Hello,

So I started to make a group for +7 Court of Stars, got 3 dps from my guild, and we decided to pug the healer and the tank. We started the run, was going pretty smooth, we had 10 minutes left and looked like we would make the timer (key wasn't depleted so we would still get loot even if we didn't make the timer). Then, out of nowhere the healer decides to leave. So we lost the timer, couldn't finish the run and key got depleted.

The most important thing, though, is that the 4 other members of the group completely wasted about 20minutes.

I understand that it's better and safer to do them with people I trust, but it's impossible to have guildies/friends any time I want to do the dungeon.

Why is there absolutely no punishment for such behaviour?
    Because leaver penalties only ever apply when you are using an automatic queue system. Such as dungeon finder for the random Heroic. If someone builds a group on their own, which is required for any Mythic or Mythic+, even if you use the premade group finder to help with that, Blizzard has never and will never punish someone for it. Anyone at any time is free to drop out of any manually assembled group without punishment from Blizzard.

You asking why that healer isn't punished could be applied to literally tens of thousands of people every day. Think of all the pugs from everything from dungeons to raids that form each day, only to have people leave after a single wipe or downing a single boss. Life happens, yes your time got wasted, but that healer shouldn't be punished because something came up. It's why people can leave a dungeon or LFR queue after they have been present for a single boss kill without penalty. Because Blizzard can't punish every single person who needs to step away from the game for whatever reason.