Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Just got the legendary neck as a ret paladin and I've felt so devastated

Got my first legendary at 18 days 14 hours /played at 110 from withered j'im and it's the legendary neck. I don't like people complaining about legendaries but this one was genuinely the only one that isn't good for me, worse than my 850 crafted neck. Any of the others would have been an upgrade but no I get the only one that isn't thanks blizzard

Oh you poor baby you got a legendary
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Deleted
    Could be worse.

You could've killed withered Jim the last 2 weeks, bonus rolled for gold and don't have a legendary at all.

Sitting at sub 860 ilvl farming mythics+9 but ain't dropping no nuttin'. Just saying. it could be worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this icky stuff I stepped in? Oh, damn. It's casual entitlement.

States he doesn't like people complaining about legendaries.

Proceeds to complain about legendaries.

Par for the course.

I am provoked. Geting any kind of itemlevel 895 is a grand boost no matter what.
    Stop crying and be pleased.
    There is no way a 895 neck is worse than a 850 no matter what the stats are.
    Eventually you will get more legendaries, and geting 2 of a kind is something Blizzard says they have fixed and shouldnt happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's got to be some godlike necklace you have, if it's better than 45 ilvls and the legendary effect.

Deleted
    So it just saved you some gold, additionally to the massive ilvl-increase.
    And by that i mean you won't have to buy Satyr enchants for a while now.

Poor you.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Pain View Post
    I am provoked. Geting any kind of itemlevel 895 is a grand boost no matter what.
    Eventually you will get more legendaries, and geting 2 of a kind is something Blizzard says they have fixed and shouldnt happen.
    Necks don't have a main stat like intellect/agility. If his 850 neck has the best secondary stat for his class and a socket, it's a upgrade over a 895 neck with socket if it has the wrong stats. Please read up on stuff before you comment the next time..

EDIT: It all depends on the statweighs, so simple math is all it takes to figure out if it's a upgrade or not.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Pain View Post
    Wrong, necks and rings do not have intellect and their stat values for some classes are worthless in comparison to 850's (or even less), item level means bugger all when it comes to jewelry except for padding your total ilvl to look more appealing when signing for pugs, that's it, and you can accomplish that by just having it in your bag.

That being said, at least he got one and wont see that shit excuse for a legendary drop again.

The only good thing about it is that it's the shit one out of the way and the rest is golden...

Getting a legendary that you will never equip is worse than not getting one at all, at least your bad luck protection is still intact.

An 895 legendary neck being worse than an 850 crafted epic is a very legit concern. Removing primary stats from rings and necks was a bad idea, should have just given them all three like cloaks. At least then the 45 ilvls of strength might have made it an upgrade.

Had the same happening yesterday, except after 8 days game time. Wondered too how useful it'd be with all that mastery and defensive proc. I hope this will turn off the obsession switch in my brain and I'll stop to run compulsively everything that has a chance to drop a legendary. Yay freedom. Yay alts. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedric123 View Post
    Got my first legendary at 18 days 14 hours /played at 110 from withered j'im and it's the legendary neck. I don't like people complaining about legendaries but this one was genuinely the only one that isn't good for me, worse than my 850 crafted neck. Any of the others would have been an upgrade but no I get the only one that isn't thanks blizzard
    I've probably ran more ret sims than anyone else on this forum, and I can 100% guarantee you that that 895 neck is an absolutely massive upgrade for you. Probably around a 10% damage upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Getting a legendary that you will never equip is worse than not getting one at all, at least your bad luck protection is still intact.
    ^This. Some people have a really hard time understanding this basic concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I've probably ran more ret sims than anyone else on this forum, and I can 100% guarantee you that that 895 neck is an absolutely massive upgrade for you. Probably around a 10% damage upgrade.
    It means nothing if an idiot runs a million sims. Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    It means nothing if an idiot runs a million sims. Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.
    I piss in your cereal or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I piss in your cereal or something?
    He can be a bit aggressive but I think what should be said is simulations are not infallible.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He can be a bit aggressive but I think what should be said is simulations are not infallible.
    While it's true that simulations are not infallible, the current version of simcraft is, by all accounts, extremely accurate. I follow what simcraft says pretty religiously, and, well, I think my results speak for themselves. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../124656/latest

Note my guild's mythic logs are private, except for the one Nythendra log that was made public, because someone was a derp. ^_^

Surprised no one's beaten my rank 1 normal Il'gynoth yet.

I'm really tired of seeing these threads about how the neck is a downgrade. There is no fucking way losing 40 ilvls of secondary stats is a bad thing, unless you are some class like fire mage where crit > everything else. The next will still be a DPS increase over your 850 neck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you Ret? If so while the neck is not the best legendary it's not the worst
    With rets our stat weights change but it's pretty consistent rule of thumb that higher item level is better. Even if it doesn't have beat stats,
    Reason being is our stats are relatively close together.
    Also indirectly it is a gain thanks to the shield.
    God forbid I see a cast bar on my target. I'm going to interrupt that cast out of fucking existence. I will rebuke that spell out of the game data, that's how I'm going to roll with my pally now.