Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For me the greatest pro and con is both the amount of content there is to do.
    I find myself having less and less time for the game, but wanting to play it more and more.
    Its a real golden age for WoW right now, and I have not felt this compelled to do things (especially 5 mans) since TBC.

Especially if they end up releasing legacy, there is just going to be nothing but wow in my free time.
    Its a good feeling really.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

It's a great expansion being ruined by loot RNG (legendaries and titanforged most notably), and absolutely horrid class design and balancing. Everything else is probably the best it's ever been.

still having fun. haven't run into anything that frustrates me or has hindered my progression.

only thing that frustrates me right now is the base level of the emissary reward items. seems they need a boost. if im 845 ilvl and just did 4 WQ, one of which might have been a dungeon rewarding an 840, why on earth would i want an 810 from the emissary quest. they need to scale the box rewards like they scale the WQ rewards. feels like an oversight. not a big deal, just always makes me laugh. the rep and ap reward is my reason for doing them anyway.

Deleted
    Warriors are not all that great and with Arms, I feel I just do not have a place in M+. Gear is WAY WAY WAY too random. Since I need Mastery with Haste/Versa, I have to hope for getting a proc on Mythic gear as EM gear is very average. Tactics are almost non-existent this xpac.

I like the story and like wht they did with WQ and Class halls. I don't really like Warrior class hall thematically, but I am a sucker for Norse mythology so no problemo.

Deleted
    Favourite Things: Group Content - m+ will actually make running them all expac long a worthy experience and not just faceroll like past hc dungs. Raids are fine so far.

Dislike: Super Casual Pandering via Welfare Gear from literally cracking nuts.

worst thing ever: The Windchime Fangirl.

Still enjoying things enough to remain subbed. I'm in a fun guild right now, which makes almost all the difference.

Pros:

World quests are superior to dailies
    Zones are pretty
    Professions work better now than they did in WoD
    Dungeons (aside from Vault) are excellent
    Artifact weapon is nice to have, considering its potential as an expac-long upgrade route

Cons:

Classes are pretty terrible overall. Every revamp seems to make them worse, and Legion is no exception.
    Champions have no place in this game.
    Broken Isles feels a bit on the tiny side

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoying appart from some worrying questionable art style (for the future of the game), most of it are still WoW (the nightmare raid for instance is insane), and very good, while some others feels taken straight from another game. The fox mount, the new chest model, some color chosing, not bad but different art style, are there Hots or old Ratchet and Clank devs working on WoW or something ? Already noticed some weird looking designs in the past, most notably the "new" gryphon model, those with the weird beak and empty white eyes.

I also know that the new animations are not of everyone's taste, I find them fine personally, they also got rid of most bouncy model problems, but some models like the new voidwalker are disappointing, blue muscular blob instead of dark blue creature of the void.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-10-12 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Like many, I typically enjoy new content. The honeymoon for me, however, was short lived once you get to max level and see how gated things are behind ridiculous amounts of quests, lore, and reputation grinds. This expansion isn't over so I'm trying to be optimistic about 7.1 and the future of this expansion. I wouldn't say it's "fucking terrible" right now, but it's definitely got me considering quitting if things don't get a little more geared towards alts and casuals in 7.1.
    thanks to casuals this game has been decreasing in quality with that mediocre mindset of "i want gear doing nothing" this game has always been gated since day one, please unsub and let people enjoy this amazing expansion.

What I like:
    - Great zones, personally LOVE having dalaran as main city
    - World quest might be repetitive but something about having 4 world quest to do every day for a chest is fun to me. I like waking up on Saturday morning and doing them for example. Maybe I'm weird because I always liked dailies.
    - Mythic+ are great IMO. I havn't PVE'd since Cata, but I'm doing it now since I love the concept of "harder" dungeons.
    - Lots of stuff to do, for a completionist like me that's a good thing. I still have only done like half of the good suramaritan questline.

What I don't like:
    - Hunter class sucks compared to previous iterations, really feel like they pruned all the fun spells we had. Wish we still had traps for MM/BM. Oh well.
    - Professions are a bit lame. Especially engineering. For example why couldn't they make the goggles 840 or 850 ilvl? In previous expacs they were always decent pre raiding items. You have to spend lots of gold to level, go through this big questline and you are rewarded with... nothing.
    - Speaking of professions, archaeology if a fucking disaster. I did archaeology every xpac.. now they totally ruined it, the whole concept is flawed but I won't get into it.

Not sure if I like the RNG/legendary situation, on one hand yes it does keep me playing in hopes of getting one but let's be honest, it's pretty stupid

15+ Year Old Account
    I love legion. I would like it to be more alt friendly with AP. As it is I am torn with putting points in Resto or Guardian everytime I have a bag full of AP. I have both Feral and Moonkin at 13 and there is just no way I will waste more AP until my 2 main specs are finished.

Even though I would like Legion to be more alt friendly, I am enjoying focusing on my druid. I've always been an altoholic and there was always the feeling that I was neglecting my Druid after hitting a target item level for raid entry. The mythic+ gives me the perfect opportunity to gear myself since our raid group (filled with novices and new players) cannot down more than 3 bosses in normal EM >.<. It's ok though because for the first time in several years I have met alot of new friends and we have a great time night after night doing mythic and mythic+ runs, being able to clear EM is not everything and at least everyone is improving.

I play a lot and there is plenty to do. I agree the RNG is annoying since I have no legendary and see 830 - 840 players walking around with them and I get about 10 cloaks and 10 rings every couple of days and have only got 1 resto 840 trinket to drop (did get a 860 from a WQ 2 days ago) and have only had 1 840 legs to drop..1, had to buy my 855 on the AH. I have always had terrible luck with drops...this is nothing new and the RNG does not feel foreign and is only the hot topic because of the stupid random legendarys that should never made it into the game. It took me 5 months of running LFR in MoP to get my sha-touched axe on my pally...drove me nuts since it was a party of the Wrathion story. I could go on and on about farms I have been doing for YEARS and still have no results, RNG is very much part of WoW.
    Honestly, what would people do if RNG with titanforge were fixed and you could easily get 875+ gear in all slots in a month? No reason to run any mythic content then, you'd only log in to raid and farm occasionally.

What really drives me nuts is the worthless order hall set, WTF is that all about? By the time you unlock the shoulders most people are 855+ and NONE of it is equipped or will ever be again. The other thing is professions...HORRIBLE. Why can't Blizz figure out what to do with them? IMHO they were fine until after WotLK then Blizz ruined them completely.
    Last edited by Animalhouse; 2016-10-12 at 02:27 PM.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Deleted
    still enjoying it more than wod at the same stage. havent done any raids or lfr or even mythic+ and donly 3 normal mythic dungeons with my main. currently ilvl 840 not getting anything better from world quests so i "parked" it and i leveled 5 of my alts until 105 and got hooked with my shaman which is 108 now. going to push this char a little further and hope that AK will be aquired faster with the next patch. so far i have no problem with the so called "alt killing" mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion had a nice start but has grown into the worst expansion of the game. Even worse then WoD.

Here is why I think like I do:

- Too much farming required to not go instant broke.
    - World quests are already way to repetitive and de-motivating rewards.
    - Raid and dungeons have way too much trash and takes too long to clear.
    - Legendaries RNG drop is the worst idea they ever had. Still don't have one while some newbs have 2-3...
    - No flying... and Broken Isles have TERRIBLE terrain.
    - Each zone has 150% too many mobs... I feel like I'm dazed 24/7 no matter where I go.
    - Gearing is based solely on RNG luck. Been 845 for two weeks now cause mythics only give me 840 gear and no one invites anyone below 850 for Mythic+...
    - PvP Balance is utter s**t. I have 5 wins so far in this expansion. FIVE... and 25++ losses (Alliance). And some classes are sickly OP.
    - Class Hall start to feel as the Garrison. How missions are still in game is beyond me.
    - Never ending AP farm is simply never ending. It's not fun anymore...
    - Speaking of AP, you can't change specc or class cause it's all bound to 1 weapon...
    - Mythic+ only create the most disgusting kind of elitism there is.
    - Most classes got ruined by Legion. Making all speccs "unique" killed some of them completly.
    - Suramar City. A place so bad I had to give it it's own point. Holy f**k what were they thinking...

Definetely enjoying it. What I found interesting is that I, as a person with very limited time(no more than 30 hours per week WoW) can be fully geared for mythic raids. i dont think that was so achievable in previous expansion given a time limit. Mythic+ fits so perfectly for me - short and challenging, and even if u spend 1 hour on it, still gives u some reward for the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Definetely enjoying it. What I found interesting is that I, as a person with very limited time(no more than 30 hours per week WoW) can be fully geared for mythic raids. i dont think that was so achievable in previous expansion given a time limit. Mythic+ fits so perfectly for me - short and challenging, and even if u spend 1 hour on it, still gives u some reward for the effort.
    That's more than 4 hours a DAY, wouldn't call that very limited time.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Andrestrasz View Post
    thanks to casuals this game has been decreasing in quality with that mediocre mindset of "i want gear doing nothing" this game has always been gated since day one, please unsub and let people enjoy this amazing expansion.
    Damn You Wrath of the Linch King!

Pros:
    So much shit to do. I'm behind on so much crap, but I don't care because I know I'll get to it eventually
    Mythic+. I haven't gotten that high yet (6 is the highest), but once I can get serious with these, it's going to be so much fun (and they already have been)

Cons:
    Class balance in Mythic+.
    Legendaries - Just scrap this idea already.

that is the worst logic EVER. recently i have become a casual...catering to players is the business model, not to just your bullshit. since casuals make up a very large if not dominant demographic in this game, it behooves them to pay attention to them. also, show me where i asked for free gear. your comprehension about this matter is terrible. try again.

Legion is just another in a string of constant reminders Blizzard will never make everyone happy.

They went your way with WoD. GIve the vast majority of players nothing to do and focus on the harcore raider sort. How did that work out for them again?

Legion seems to be going down the same road. If you are a raider i am sure you have plenty to do. Raiding and knocking out Mythics and Mythics+ all day as well as all the content we mundanes get to do. Down at the bottom how ever our gear will never be good enough to do any of that is we even wanted to. Thanks to WQ's all our content is pointless. Dungeons, Heroics and LFR drop worse gear than jumping on grapes or catching flying rats.

Id enjoy it more if there wasnt a supershortage of tanks and if the ppl in custom grp finder had even a 10th of the skill of the average pug grp youd join on the beta..