Page 24 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    I was being satirical, the belt isn't "bad." It shines in dungeons with bosses like Odyn and Heyla who spend an unusual amount of time over 90% hp as well. I'm just looking at pumps thrash and making a sad face at my belt.
    hey to be fair, the belt is the only legendary i still actually want. Belt/Bracers low m+ speed dungeons, never get 5 stacks of thrash anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpsm8 View Post
    hey to be fair, the belt is the only legendary i still actually want. Belt/Bracers low m+ speed dungeons, never get 5 stacks of thrash anyway.
    no booties 4 the pumpers?
    Last edited by Bunnychaser; 2016-10-10 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    It is the best tanking trinket, probably all the way into mythic nighthold... even then the nighthold trinkets are all a bit fnacy and all sport crit except one, so it might be even better than those.
    Currently I have Coagulated Nightwell Residue ilvl 840 and Grotesque Statuette ilvl 850 and there's 2 crafted trinkets I believe, one with vers which is our best stat, and the second 1 with agi which is very bad but everyone says the effect is powerful.

Do I get Darkmoon Deck: Immortality over the vers one, and upgrade it to 850 and stick with it till the next tier (worth spending that money at this point with the trinkets I have?), and replace the ilvl 840 one? (I will miss that shield I get from it though, was using it a lot!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Darkmoon is better than all other trinkets for us atm, and likely very late into high level Nighthold as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnychaser View Post
    no booties 4 the pumpers?
    already pretty immortal in full dps gear 5 mans, gotta get that belt for the big thrashies then bracers/legs for anything 10-12+

Quote Originally Posted by Sar The Space Laser Bear View Post
    Darkmoon is better than all other trinkets for us atm, and likely very late into high level Nighthold as well.
    Its one of only a couple? maybe, that will actually scale with our gear. Thats a very tasty item. I got mine for 48k.

Deleted
    Considering that I'm not willing, at the moment at least, to spend thousands of g for the Darkmoon trinket, could you help out with some suggestions on trinket strength?

I've been using a regular 840 horn of valor and a socketed 840 talisman of the cragshaper, which is pretty neat, huge boost in versatility. Recently I've traded the regular horn for a heroic goblet of nightmarish ichor, which, to my surprise, can actually have a pretty high uptime. I'm wondering if I should be aiming for other stuff, and which one should I replace.

I've been replacing bits of my versatility gear with high ilvl heroic EN items and my versa keeps dropping. I've got insane amounts of crit tho, because screw stats on this gear.

Should I go for more static versa vs the boost from the goblet? should I stop going for higher ilvl? I have no trouble surviving in HC EN at the moment, but I wouldn't mind some tips.

Thanks a bunch!

I´m having a discussion with one of our MTs and since i only tank low mythic+ or stuff like that i would like a few answers. Very much appreciated.

1. Darkmoon trinket is the best trinket for Druid Tanking in nearly any content? (if we ignore catweaving or general dps---just survival, although the static bew should help with dmg)

2. How does armor scale exactly. the amount of Armor you need for more % gets higher, but someone pointed out that if you look at it mathematicaly the mitigation you gain is the same. Could someone provide a link or an example with actual numbers?
    I think it went something like :
    50% armor --> 1 mill income dmg -->500k mitigated
    55% armor --> 1 mill income dmg -->550k mitigated (10% mitigation increase)
    60% armor --> 1 mill income dmg -->600k mitigated (20% mitigation increase)

While you need more armor to get the "next 5%" you also get more mitigation for it.

sry for my supbar english and explanations hope somebody can provide answers

Darkmoon is the best by far, the bonus armor works with ironfur.

It's easy to calculate how much mitigation increase an item.
    If you have 70% damage reduction, it means you take 30% damage
    If you increase it to 75% DR, it means you take 25% damage.

30/25 = 1.20 which means a 20% survival increase for 5%. This is precisely why there are diminishing returns on armor, otherwise it would get stupid. Going 98% to 99% reduction is a 100% increase in survival for exemple, while going from 0% to 1% is only a 1% survival increase, even though it's a 1% increase in DR for both.

Deleted
    Hey Pumps could u rate the Stat Prio for DPS? cant find it in ur docs

also DPS Trinket ranking would be great

thanks <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Has no-one mentioned the fact that our health + healing recieved is back up to our mastery % and that our AP is more than double that or has the tooltip been lying to me for the past three days? (I hope it hasn't because I've had all of my guild's healers comment that it's now 2 x easier to heal me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Allowyn View Post
    Has no-one mentioned the fact that our health + healing recieved is back up to our mastery % and that our AP is more than double that or has the tooltip been lying to me for the past three days? (I hope it hasn't because I've had all of my guild's healers comment that it's now 2 x easier to heal me.)
    Nothing has changed here - it has always been like that. We just get less mastery % since the nerf shortly before launch, but the percentages shown match our health and healing increase (and we get 2x the percentage as AP)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Nothing has changed here - it has always been like that. We just get less mastery % since the nerf shortly before launch, but the percentages shown match our health and healing increase (and we get 2x the percentage as AP)
    Okay because they used to show it as our mastery as say, 30% but we'd only receive 15%, where as now it shows that if your mastery is at 30% you gain 30% increased healing and health. And I've had in the past few days, all guild healers and a number of pugs claim that bears are way easier to heal now, not from just me but from other bears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, since launch it's been 15% (for example) mastery = 15% increased health and 15% increased healing received, plus 30% boost to attack power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fyros View Post
    Its one of only a couple? maybe, that will actually scale with our gear. Thats a very tasty item. I got mine for 48k.
    Yeah mine cost me 70k all told, but worth it.

Only annoying thing is the bloody sound it makes when it shuffles. Had me wracking my brain for days wondering wtf the sound was lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos View Post
    Hey Pumps could u rate the Stat Prio for DPS? cant find it in ur docs

also DPS Trinket ranking would be great

thanks <3
    Vers/Crit > Haste > Mastery for general dps, trinket rankings are pretty hard to do with all this varying ilvl, in my 5man bear dps im using Memento of Angerboda and Chrono Shard. Horn of Valor is also decent but im not a fan of it since it doesn't line up well with our CDs. Other trinkets worth noting are Goblet / WQ stat stick and maybe even the Appendages trinket, need to play around with that when i get a good one.

How do you rate a Jagged Claws relic compared to a higher ilvl crap relic for damage in M+ around lvl 10? I got an 880 Sharpened Instincts in my weekly box, but I have an 865 Jagged Claws. I was trying to simulate it but seems like SimCraft has a horrible rotation default and Ask Mr Robot has bugged Thrash dmg like 3 times higher than real values. Generally it feels like our damage doesn't scale very well with weapon dmg and that 10% Thrash damage is better than 4 ilvls on weapon, gives how big % of our damage comes from Thrash in M+. What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

I've found that ranged dps trinkets work surprisingly well for guardian, as Galactic Guardian procs count as a ranged skill (even the auto procs where you don't actually use Moonfire). I've been using an 860 Caged Horror trinket and can get quite a few procs when I'm just trash-swiping packs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Darkmoon is the best by far, the bonus armor works with ironfur.

It's easy to calculate how much mitigation increase an item.
    If you have 70% damage reduction, it means you take 30% damage
    If you increase it to 75% DR, it means you take 25% damage.

30/25 = 1.20 which means a 20% survival increase for 5%. This is precisely why there are diminishing returns on armor, otherwise it would get stupid. Going 98% to 99% reduction is a 100% increase in survival for exemple, while going from 0% to 1% is only a 1% survival increase, even though it's a 1% increase in DR for both.
    i have darkmoon, alchemy trinket and impenetrable nerubian husk 840ilvl from mythic, which to use for raid survival? :O All 3 look good to me :O

Phantasmal Echo is just horrible, isn't it? Haste is very meh and 800k hp every two minutes doesn't convince me either (is it even working correctly? the shadow copy thing has like 300k hp). Guess I'll stick to Nightmarish Ichor and the Alchemist Stone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently they fixed Bonus Armor from trinkets and potions and such to no longer get multiplied by Ironfur. So much for immortality.